Autoimmune Disorders Community
Humira and live vaccines

Humira and live vaccines

Type your medical question here

I have RA and use Humira/methotrexate. How long do I have to be off Humira to get a yellow fever (and/or tyhphoid) vaccine? How long to I have to stay off Humira after the vaccine?
Hi!
Well, you may need to stop Humira for about 6 months before you can take any live vaccine like typhoid or yellow fever. Also, post vaccination, you may not be able to start Humira before 2-4 weeks. However, please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your answer. I appreciate your knowledgeable input.