Autoimmune Disorders Community
I hurt a lot, and I'm tired all the time.

I would like to ask if Sjogren's syndrome is known for intense constant pain. I know it causes joint pain, but I have not been able to get any relief from joint and muscle pain for the last week. I am also experiencing hair loss, and a dry facial rash that looks like hives.  Is this common for Sjogren's?

Thank you in advance,
Treecie
Tags: syndrome, autoimmune, facial, hives, Pain, rash, Autoimmune disorders, s, hair loss, Joint pain, Sjogren, sjogrens Syndrome
  • Scalp pain (3 replies):
    I have fibromyalgia and have had it for 23yrs, My questi...[more]
Sounds more like lupus. If you have one autoimune disease, you are likely to have overlapping symptoms of similar diseases.
What kinds of medication are you on?  Those "symptoms" sound like the side effects of Prednisone, other than the facial rash.
I have AIH with Primary Biliary Cirrohsis Overlap Syndrome.  Was dx in aug and put on 40mg/ of Prednisone.  Have been gradually reduced to now taking 20mg and waiting for the test results to see if I can take Azathioprine/Imuran to help reduce the Prednisone even further.  I am also on Ursodial, 900mg/da.

Have you been diagnosed with Sjogren's and if so how long ago??   Have you "googled" Sjogren's to see what is said about it?  I have found that Mayo is a good place to look for answers.

Good luck and research, research, research.
Tmblwd
I have Sjogren's and rashes are very common.  My hair has thinned on top and my scalp often appears to have thick dandruff.  They tell me this is just something else to live with when you have Sjogren's along with the dry eyes and mouth, fatigue, stiffness, and fibromyalgia. I use a scalp oil (Sulpher 8) and minoxodil.  The combiniation helps me a bit.  The good news is that between flares, my hair thickens and I have a better sense of well being.  I find that stress definitely causes my flares so I try to keep the level down when I can.  Hope this helps you.  Best wishes.

I have found an article that ties autoimmune disorders to the shear volume of chemicals we are exposed to in just for example the cleaning products we use in our household.
for example clothing detergents have: formaldehides (used to preserve corpses). phosphorus, soda ash (innert filler waste of the steel making process) causes sking conditions. The EPA and the FDA do not side on the consummer they side on Procter and Gamble and the Like.

See for yourself.

A Clear Link:
   Researchers are uncovering a definite link between environmental pollutants and a growing number of autoimmune diseases. Disorders like lupus, multiple sclerosis (MS) and Type I diabetes are on the rise, says Glinda Cooper, an epidemiologist with the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS). "It's very likely that environmental factors play a role in the development of these diseases," Cooper says.

See Full Report: www.ridoftoxinsnow.com
i have a hard time getting my husband to understand that I am tired.
He seems unsympathetic and uncaring.  This is a lot to go through.  Is there any way that I can tell him what I am going through?