Internal tremor - shaking inside ?
I have had a shaky feeling on the inside for about 3 months now.  It started off as every now and then but for the last month it is all the time 24/7.  It is really taking a toll on my life.  It is so bad it wakes me up and prevents me from falling asleep. I have had thyroid, hormones, mri, ct scan and many other tests.  The only test that came back questionable was my ANA, it is positive, speckled pattern.  My RA factor was negative.  I have no diagnosis as of yet.  I do have Epstein Barr virus too.  Just want to hear peoples opinions on this internal tremor thing.  Anyone have it and what is your diagnosis?  Thank you
I have had the trembling, burning on my back, the back of my legs and my head, and was diagnosed through Igenex with Lyme Disease, too, at the beginning of this year.  I went to Dr. Bob Marshall, Premiere Health Spa, in Santa Monica, and his theory of how to defeat Lyme Disease is to take 90 pills daily of his specially formulated Hydrochloric Acid (in gastric juice normally found in the body ) to the point that, in the blood stream, the Hydrochloric Acid eats the coating/digests the coating off the Lyme Disease spirochete bacteria.  The protein coating "disguises" the actual spirochete to the immune system.  After this removal of the "disguise",  the body can properly recognize the Lyme Disease and create antibodies.  He says he has had approximately 700 people take the Lyme Disease test after this protocol is followed religiously for 21 days, and they all come back negative for Lyme Disease.  Call 1-310-320-1132 for appointment.
Be extremely cautious about trying this therapy - it can be very hazardous! It sounds like the intent is to make the blood and body pH more acidic by ingesting Hydrochloric acid, which is a very strong acid. Our bodies are not designed to withstand large changes in pH. The normal pH range of blood is 7.35-7.45 on a 0-14 scale. If your blood becomes acidic to the point that is outside of this very narrow normal range, it WILL cause serious health issues and can cause death. Our bodies compensate for extra acid by shedding it in our urine and by making extra chemicals that can counteract the acid (such as the bicarbonate your pancreas makes to neutralize stomach acid when it enters your intestines). However, too much acid too fast might not give the body time to neutralize it. This will cause a condition called acidosis which can cause death. A small amount of extra acid, might give you heartburn, a gut ache, or cause an ulcer if taken long enough. Because your body must neutralize the acid to avoid death, the acid cannot not reaching the Lyme disease bacteria in joints and other tissues either. Therefore, the pills cannot work the manner described and might be nothing more than a placebo. If you took this therapy and had relief without major side effect, I'm glad you are safe and that it worked for you. If you are considering trying this or other therapies that are marketed as safe because body makes or uses the same chemical, please know that it does not mean that it is healthy for our bodies to take excessive amounts. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. For example, Vitamins A,E and D and most minerals can be toxic if ingested in high doses and potassium injected directly into the bloodstream can stop the heart.  As someone with some of the symptoms described in these posts, I understand the desire to seek alternative therapies. Please consult a doctor to make sure these treatments are safe before trying them or you could do more harm to your body than good. Bottom line, taking hydrochloric acid to treat chronic Lyme disease might be nothing more than placebo and could potentially kill you.
Greetings... I too had shaking and tremors many years ago. Doctor visits and test did not reveal any causes. I kept a diary of everything I ate or drank for 6 weeks. I would enter how I felt 1 hour 2 hours etc after each meal or snack. By the time I reached the 6 week mark, I had a clear picture of what was causing my problems. I was allergic to dairy products. I was 28 at the time and had no signs of this issue. I immediately gave up all dairy products and within a week to 10 days..... NO more shaking or tremors. Things were so bad that I had to use (2) hands to hold a cup and drink. My Dr. always said it was stress. So my advice to everyone.... Keep a diary of every thing going on... food, drink, everything. You will find the link to a cause if you look hard enough. Good luck.
I believe that the post by cjvilla2006 in august 2013 is worth considering - and most likely the cause of the majority of these "internal tremors."  I was searching the web today just on a whim to see if anyone else had this "internal vibration" that started for me about 10 days ago.  I've had this before and as many have stated here, no doctor could explain it.

Finally I can associate it with Extra Low Frequency or Ultra Low Frequency.  A day before the "tremors" started, the ELF that I had been hearing suddenly stopped.  It then resumed much "lower/louder" and resounded through out my body.  I have had to mask the low bass "hum" with other sounds.  But this "hum" was different.  It was extremely low and LOUD.  It's very hard to mask.  If one lives alone, and I do, it's difficult to not hear it.

Nothing in my immediate neighborhood has changed; I'm not around manufacturing.

The next day of the "new" hum - the internal vibrations started and they've gotten progressively worse.  The only thing I can relate it to is the addition of the lower frequency hum.  There is no other explanation.  It's as if the hum is radiating throughout my entire body, literally creating an internal vibration, such as if one was sitting on a large vibrating drum.

The "hum" from the ELF or ULF is real - do google research.  It was first publicly noticed, I think, in Taos, NM.

I began to notice it in the mid-80s, though as years passed it would stop, and then resume.  Lately, the hum resumed but at a more tolerable level - until about 10 days ago.

Now it's wholly unmanageable since it is vibrating my entire body.  I've even gotten an earache in the left ear, which is the ear that I hear best out of.  It's crazy!

What is even crazier is knowing there is nothing i can do to stop it.  

The only thing that I can possibly think that might be different in the area I live is the new biomass plant.  It's about 9 or so miles away from me.  When it went online last year, I began to hear the ELF again.  I did some research on biomass plants - and YES, they can generate ELFs.

So, something increased at our biomass plant, I am guessing - perhaps they switched to new blast furnaces?  Who knows.  If one does research on the Canadian "hum" - it was discovered that the "hum" was being generated across the river in the US from a blasting furnace.

These things are real - they're not imaginary.  And it's having a terrible effect on our populace.

I'm simply hoping that I am not the only one in this city (in the south) who is now hearing a different, more damaging ELF, and others will complain.  I do know that a nearby residence community complained bitterly when the biomass plant went online as to a low rumbling noise factor.

But frankly, this is horrible.

Just a comment...could be a side effect to a medication. Was on robaxin for back issues. Took enough. Would wake up at night sweating with unbelievable internal tremors. Thought it was a panic attack, MS, or anxiety. Went off robaxin and it went away within a matter of days.  If any of you are are any meds that can effect your nervous system or muscles....check what you are taking and the side effects of those meds and call your doctor.
I fractured my c4 in July.. I have been sitting at a computer a lot lately and I just started having these night ceisures. I have a genetic auto immune disorder. Wegners Granulomatous and vascullitis and I'm a 31 year old female. My body produces the antigen for Lymes Disease but the test results came out inconclusive. I have vitman deficiencies as well. I try to eat lots of greens and salads now. No GMOs or processed foods. I live in the flight path so it could be very possible that it is Heavy metal poisoning. I also live in an old 1920s building.

Keep me posted on what you find out it is
I just want to share my experience with all those who have suffered with this aggrevating symptom.

I have been having internal tremors off and on since 2007. After dealing with the internal tremors for about 2 months,  I started to gradually develope other symptoms; ringing in the ears, muscle cramps, weakness, dizziness,  difficulty swallowing, shallow breathing, full body paralysis upon waking, visual hallucinations upon waking, hearing things at night, chronic nausea, loss of appetite diarrhea, blurred vision, low grade fevers,  hypo and hypertension, faint spells, hypoglycemia, tingling and numbness throughout body, exhaustion, even external tremors on a few occasions. And that is not even all the symptoms. These symptoms will get so bad at times that I cannot  get out of bed. A friend of mine, who s a naturopathic doctor, had been telling me he thought it was my thyroid. He recommended several different supplements, some of which helped, but many of my symptoms kept returning. Eventually he told me he thought it was to the point I needed to be on medication, so suggested I to go to an M.D.. The first doctor I saw was very rude and arrogant. He insisted it was just anxiety, so stuck me on medications for that. He tried several different meds on me,  but the symptoms persisted. I finally decided to go to my mothers doctor, who was an M.D., but also used alternative medicine. I went to her because she was the one who treated my mother's (autoimmune thyroid disease. She told me my thyroid hormones were low normal. Meaning...in range, but just barely. My estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone were also out of range. So, I was put on a low dose contraceptive and low dose thyroud medicine. The majority of my symptoms went away. Unfortunately, several years later I found out that I had a dermoid tumor on my ovary. And after I had surgery to remove the ovary it threw everything out of range again. So, now Im still struggling with getting my endocrine system back in order.

For those of you who still have internal tremors, but do not know the cause, I would recommend having your thyroid checked.   And for those of you who have had  your thyroid checked, but were told hormone levels were "normal", I would advise you to get a copy of your blood work and look at it yourself. If the levels are in range, but on the low end, I would get a second opinion possibly from an endocrinilogist or Otolaryngologist . I would advise anyone, who is suffering with horrible symptoms, and are being told everything looks "normal" to get copies of your blood work. If you do this and you see anything out of range I urge to question your Doctor about it. A lot of the time, in fact most of the time, Doctors will say levels on any type of blood work are normal even when they are not, unless levels are drastically low. Nothing has to be drastically low to cause problems.  By the time things are out of range its too late.  Even if something is in range, but barely it should be given attention. MY MOTHER SUFFERED FOR YEARS AND WENT TO MANY DOCTORS, WHO TOLD HER "EVERYTHING LOOKS NORMAL". SHE EVENTUALLY SAW AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST WHO THOUGHT HER SYMPTOMS  THYROID WAS THE ISSUE, BUT IGNORED IT BECAUSE HER BLOOD WORK LOOKED "NORMAL" THEN SHE STARTED GROWING A GOITER AND HER THYROID ALMOST COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD TREAT HER THYROID.

The thyroid drastically affects every part of the body when it is not working properly; metabolsm, digestive system, cardiovascular system, nervous systemIt has a lot of control over many things. This is why it can cause such a myriad of symptoms.  Even if the internal tremor is due to a nutrient imbalance, this can still be your thyroid, because your thyroid  will zap you of all your nutrients  if mot working properly.  Also keep in mind that if one part of the endocrine system is not working,  then the rest of the endocrine system does not function as well.  For example, most  people who have thyroid problems also have adrenal insuffeciency.  

Not everyone with thyroid issues will have the same symptoms. Some may have many symptoms and some will have just have  a few. Some, like me, will have more bizzare symptoms, while others will  have the more common symptoms.  ALMOST ALL THOSE WHO HAVE AN UNDERACTIVE THYROID WILL HAVE LOW BODY TEMPERATURE MOST OF THE TIME.
COMMON SIGNS OF UNDERACTIVE THYROUD:: exhaust easily, dry itchy skin, ringing in ears, high cholesterol,  intolerance to cold, muscle spasms and cramps, insomnia - particularly waking at around 3 a.m. unintentionally, low body temperature- often runs below 98.6,  digestive upset, inability to lose weight despite diet and excercise, thinning hair.  
COMMON SIGNS OF OVERACTIVE THYROID; Inability to gain weight despite food intake, big appetitie, hyperactive, insomnia, intolerance to heat, run slightly elevated temp.
****A person cango back andforth between hypo and hyperthyroidism. This person will liely have mre symptoms.

If you choose to get your thyroid checked, make sure the doctor checks T4, T3, free T3 and TSH. Keep in mind TSH not a thyroud hormone it isa pituitary hormone that affects thyroid hormones. Many doctors only check TSH

I have have had this for three weeks no relief, constant body internal tremors with no stopping. Its started in my groin and has continued all over my body. I can't sleep or sit still, I feel constantly like I'm trembling like I'm cold on the inside, but I don't feel cold. I saw a locum doctor who pulled my leg and groin sharply and I believe he has done something to my nerves. If it is nerve damage then its permanent. I feel like I'm gonna be stuck with this constant vibrating for the rest of my life. Im only 25 whats the point of living like this. I can't function or live as I'm constantly vibrating.
It's anxiety.  Not uncommon if you have suffered from long term stress.  It is not dangerous, just annoying.  I understand it can be frightening, but you won't die from it.  Try extra magnesium.  Also, if you have ever taken an antidepressant and gotten off one too fast...this can be a result if it.  Worrying more only makes it worse as far as the vibrating feelings.
Thank you all for your numerous comments. I appreciated your help.
Here is an update and I hope it gonna help you to solve your problems.

I went to a Chiropractic for a few months but it was ineffective. A doctor wanted to have an other skull scan but I didn't do that.

I followed a neurologist suggestion and I bought an high quality mattress and pillow. Some of those made of memory foam or equivalent that create a sort of little form under your body. It really improved the quality of my sleep.

After a while, I discovered that keeping a certain sleeping position for about 5/10 minutes was reducing or virtually stopping my internal vibration and the left arm tingling and needles. It felt amazing getting back for a while to an almost normal condition.

Belly up, I bend my chin and tweest my neck to the right, then I tweest my hip to the left. It is not a comfortable position, but it is effective. Internal vibrations in my legs disappear as well as the tingling and needles in my left arm. The overall body vibration almost stop.

Unfortunately the internal vibrations are back after a while I change position or during the day. But It tells me direction I need to go to solve the problem.

If I am not wrong, and someone can correct me, I have to exclude the following as main responsabile of my internal vibrations: 2) Hormonal imbalance 4) Some virus. Auto immune deficienses. 5) Heavy metal poisoning.

I am going to focus on my neck and lower back, and take care of my nervous system as much as possible. My condition may not be dangerous but it is still annoying.

At the moment, I am taking male multiple vitamins complex , and algae spirulina (very good stuff). I also feel that anxiety and stress play a role in my situation. I may add extra magnesium to my diet.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions,

God bless you.

The following is my former post.
" Here is my experience:  
I am 40, man, caucasian.
Vibrations started years ago from my lower legs. They progressed to my hips, chest, and, finally two years ago, to my entire body. I started to worry when i noticed numbness and tinkling in my left arm. I have been through a massive number of exams, rmi to skull and cervical, emg, ecodoppler, blod exams, ANA included. All are negative. The main neurologists of my State told me nothing was wrong for what it concerned their field.

The kind of internal tremor i have is a sort of electric wave, similar to touching a car with a runnning engine, or a fridge. It is all over the body. It is worst when i'm tired, depressed, with alcohol, immediately after some fisical activity. It is noticeable when I'm sitting or laying down, and when i try to rest. It makes sleeping very difficult. I wake up at nights. It affects my concentration and confidence. I have also periodical numbness in my left arm.

For what I've reserched so far I suffer of and improper nerve conduction or central nervous system problem, but not of MS. Fortunately I have no shakes or external vibration; absolutely no problem of coordination, motion, muscle control. I am not taking any prescription drugs but only vitamins to help the nerves such as SAMe, Alpha Lipoic Acid, B12 ecc. They get some relief but the don't stop my syntoms completely. I also start some Yoga and swimming.

I don't know the cause of my internal vibration.
It could be one the following:

1) A problem with my neck. I suffered some light enjuries playing sport. I have some bulging disk at C5-C6 and C6-C7. I sat years at a computer for work and study and I know my posture was very bad. It could have created problems to my spinal cord. I could cause nerve compression. Or a dis-alignment of the spinal cord.    

2) Hormonal imbalance as suggested on the forum by floridagirl11.

3) Nutritional deficiencies

4) Some virus. Auto immune deficienses. I suffer of herpes simplex.

5) Heavy metal poisoning. I have always had many amalgam filling since kid. They were replaced 15 years ago. I still have three and i have always suffered of brussism with my teeth.

Remedies:
i taking vitamins to help my nervous system and start to do yoga and swimming.

Can anybody on this forum help to come out from this internal vibrations which are so frustrating for many of us?
Can someone help writing their positive story and how they came out of internal body vibrations?
Thanks and God bless you all in the new year. "
How are you doing now?
has any1 with inner trembling or internal trembling who had it how long till u r internal trembling disappear i wondering how long till it went away i have inner trembling for 2 months almost never seen any1 posting that there inner trembling went away so i am wondering if any of u who had internal trembling 24/7 how many months or years did u r internal tremor took before u not have em anymore.this post directed to any1 who had inner trembling just wondering
I've had the internal trembling on and off since 2008.. Never found out what the cause was. Did anyone find anything that helped them or the cause of the trembling?
You all are describing me to a T.  Mine started 2 years ago with vertigo then progressed to vibrations.  Now I feel like my movements are jerky but they aren't. It will even wake me up at night with that sensation. That feeling isn't very often thank God!  I have had Neurological testing and and MRI with all normal except for some Carpal Tunnel. So far I have omitted gluten and sugar from my diet and it seemed to help. I was beginning to feel almost normal until we went on vacation last week. While out at dinner I had a daiquiri and within an hour the symptoms all returned and haven't left yet.  I go to a Naturopath Dr and she has me taking B vitamins and glutamine and moducare.  I am hopeful it will stop again.  This post has really encouraged me to know I'm not alone.  Perhaps together we can help each other.
So I have been having these internal tremors/vibrations  for about 3 months.  Sometimes it feels like someone turned on a switch and my chest abdomen legs arms will be a buzz. It is sporadic thru the day but consistent when tired. Now it's starting to feel like shaking inside and is wearing me down. I constantly look like I'm tired and my eyes are glazed over and just recently got this sporadic tingling in left arm. Totally different feeling from the Internal vibration /tremor.  I cannot believe how many people are experiencing this and no one really knows what it's about. I'm taking Magnesium, vitamin D, b12, b complex and Turmeric. Doesn't help,  but I do have a positive ANA and diagnosed me with Crest Syndrome 15 years ago. This is so debilitating.  I love my job and only work 2 days a week, but fear I won't be able to even continue with it,the look nervous this goes on.
Have you heard of Dr. David Brownstein, MD?
You may be interested in reading his book, Overcoming Thyroid Disorders, 3rd Edition.  He has written several good books on thyroid issues.
His book on Iodine has really helped me.
It's been two years since your post, have the tremors gone away.  Mine too started after a migraine last week.
I experienced what I called "inner body tremors" for almost a year.  At first I would notice it mostly when I went to bed at night....and then gradually progressed to episodes of this weird vibrating during the day as well.  I read all kinds of people's stories about this on the internet as well as went and did all kinds of tests to try to find out what it was.  Doctors and specialists alike told me there was nothing wrong with me (I feared I was getting Parkinson's or something like it) and that it might be related to circulation. Basically, they made me feel like it was all in my head.....but it so wasn't and I wasn't buying that cop-out story!  

One night, while tremoring silently in my bed, I had a sudden burst of intuition that I was heavy metal toxic.  The next day, I booked an appointment with a Naturopath and had a sample of my hair taken to send to a lab where they test for heavy metals.  1 month later, the results were in.....I WAS heavy metal toxic and 6 of the metals that I was toxic in cause tremors!!! This came from working in the oil patch as a surveyor for many years, being a smoker for many years, as well as from my mercury amalgam fillings.  I learned that when we are toxic in metals, other minerals also get displaced as our bodies are in this great state of balance between minerals.  So, when we are toxic in say Mercury or Cadmium, then other essential minerals like potassium can plummet.  This is a whole science that I am not overly familiar with but it definitely made sense!  :)

So now, I said to myself, to fix this!  :)  I am a student as well as a teacher of nutrition and so I have learned a lot about how to heal the body naturally through what we eat.  I jumped right onto the super blue-green algae "Chlorella" which is 10% chlorophyll and is well known for its ability to rid the body of heavy metals.  I just added a couple of teaspoons of chlorella to a 1 liter bottle of spring water, with shilajit (detoxifier and mineralizer), zeolite clay (heavy metal detoxifier), juice of 2 lemons (cleaning agent for the organs + vitamin C), and noni powder and would drink this amazing combination daily.  I am now 4 months free of tremors, I feel amazing and now can help others understand the cause of their inner body tremoring should this come up in my own practice!  :)  

HINT:  You can just do the chlorella and/or the zeolites with water or by adding the juice of 2 lemons in a liter of spring water and that would probably be enough.....but I was really going for it and desperately wanted these tremors to stop, so I added more detox items to my detox lemonade.  Nowadays, I just do the chlorella with lemon juice and spring water combo and have grown to love the flavor.  And when I don't have it, my body craves it!  :)

Share with others that you know!!!
its sad to read so many people still suffer from this body trembling. i had this before and have practiced slapping and streching, and i am now totally healthy. why dont you just try that and instead of asking?
you can refer to my earlier post regarding this. you can also search the web and youtube to find out more about paida and lajin ( slapping and streching).
Since posting initially in August last year, I can report that the vibrations in and above the left pelvic region have become distinct, to the point where it has become obvious that it is a spasm.

Interestingly, a lumbar x-ray interpretation from a few years ago suggested a muscle spasm and a recently-identified scoliosis (lateral curvature of spain) could also cause spasms.

Have any of you with similar symptoms considered the possibility that the cause could have something to do with problems with the spine and muscular spasms?
I was recently diagnosed with a pituitary tumor 6 months after having a baby and your symptoms sound very similar to mine. The tumor is not cancerous but afffects the function of your pituatary gland.
Read somewhere while looking for answers that it turned out a lady got a spine/bone infection from her cortisone shots.  That's what was causing her tremors/trembling and flu-like feeling for over a year before they finally narrowed it down and did a bone scrape to find that out.  I am going through the same thing and still going through some tests with the neurologist and such... I asked my neurologist if she thought it could be related to my spine issues (I too had injections... they were in my cervical spine... 2 of them.)  I've been suffering with on and off flu like symptoms for over a year now and then sudden onset of severe headache followed by arm pain, chest pain, trembling, face tingling and numbness, right arm shakes non stop, upper back sharp shooting pain, legs sharp shooting pain... all of this other stuff since the end of August and still going on.  I'm miserable!  waiting for EEG and carotid ultrasound results. I go in for stress echo tomorrow ... really hoping for some answers, but very suspicious of the whole injections thing.  Or maybe something to do with toxic poisoning of some sort????  Note:  I have borderline low red blood and sodium levels.  I still suspect nervous system problems and/or spinal.
In reading this forum, I have similar/same symptoms as many of you.  I have been experiencing these tremors, inner body vibrations since January of this year.  I was laying in bed and felt a vibration in my pelvis area, It felt like a cell phone vibration.  From their is gradually would spread through my body, my chest, arms and back.  At times when I stand my legs feel heavy and there were times when I felt tingling and numbness in my fingers and left side.   I have been to my cardiologist, to an orthopedic doctor, had xrays done, MRI of my lower spine (which a have a slightly bulged disc), tested for Lyme disease, thyroid, MS, have had nerve test done to my left side, let's see what else, all kinds of blood work, everything conning up negative, but yet I'm crazy, or at least that's how the doctors make me feel.  This is "REAL" I am experiencing this!  I feel them more when I am laying down or sitting.  When I am occupied, not so much.  My doctors seem to think its anxiety, NO it's not, this feeling of not knowing and feeling like this, does make me anxious.  Now, I am experiencing ringing in my ears and some crackling, what is up??? Made an appointment to go see my doctor AGAIN, but no openings until November.I worry that it's something serious, I just pray to God that it's not.  For all of  you who are going through this I will pray for you in hopes that there is an answer. It can be very nerve wrecking and depressing at times:(
I am having the same symptoms as you described. Were you able to get any answers?
My 40 year old husband has been suffering with tremors for the past 8 months. His first symptoms started with tremors in his whole upper body including his head. He felt a vibrating, electrical feeling through out his body.    My husband could not even fall a sleep because it gradually got worse.  This condition has made it very difficult to fall a sleep.  He describes it as an electrical shock that makes him jump. It's so bad that he could not sleep for days.  He has tried taking Xanax but it doesnt relieve symptoms. The worse part of this situation is that he is incarcerated and they don't provide help. The doctors in the institution dont give him the help he really needs!  My husband is very active, he works out, runs 3 miles 3x a week and started doing YOGA.  He also stretches his muscles. He tries anything and everything he can to help him stay active but still his LEFT ARM keeps vibrating.  I could'nt understand what he was going through but when I read some of the discussions I see he is not the only one going through these symptoms. Can someone please HELP US with this conditions, this is extremely frustrating especially that we can't seek help elsewhere. Also, these vibrations are iNTERNAL!sad I can't feel them...? What kind of exercise??? Therapy??? PLEASE HELP HIM...PLEASE THANK YOU
I've had internal tremors for three reasons - magnesium deficiency, metabolic acidosis, hypothyroidism.
Hi there, i joined this site for the sole purpose of replying to this thread today.  For everyone who replied and for the author shirl000... all to say;

1)see a naturopathic doctor who will look at your whole body holistic view and deep possible causes
2)because all your symptoms are related. The same thing that causes fibromyalgia and depression is also causing internal shaking, thyroid problems, headaches, anxiety,  ibs, arthritis, food allergies, you name it.  Its all caused by the ecosystem of the gut, which involves bacterial imbalances and inflammation.  It is curable if you find the right doctor. Possible underlying conditions include candida, SIBO, and Lyme disease, (and others ) which is why im writing.

3)get a Lyme literate doctor or naturopathic doctor's second opinion...
On if you actually have chronic lyme disease! It's extremely controversial and the tests suck so go to someone who knows about those problems.  Don't rely on a inaccurate test.

I experience internal shaking and it's because of lyme. I have other symptoms too.

There are 300 possible symptoms of lyme disease, no one has the same symptoms or same story, more than 50% of people have no memory of a tick or rash or any obvious symptoms or obvious place.

Anyone can contact me, michellebeetslyme.blogspot.com
I just made a comment above this thats longer, please look,
but I think it needs caps in order to be seen, so I'm going to reply again:
EVERYONE HERE SHOULD BE TESTED FOR CHRONIC LYME DISEASE AND COINFECTIONS!

It doesn't matter if you never saw a tick or rash.
It doesn't matter if you already know the cause of your internal shaking, like hypothyroidism or magnesium deficiency or fibromyalgia or arthritis.
BECAUSE ALL THOSE THINGS CAN BE ALSO CAUSED BY LYME DISEASE, too.

Please see a Lyme literate md or naturopathic doctor to get an opinion you can trust.  Other doctors don't know **** about lyme which is why we're all walking around undiagnosed with it. Watch under my skin documentary for more info.
Contact me at michellebeetslyme.blogspot.com
had you recently taken cipro, levaquin, or avelox before these symptoms started?
would love to know if anyone had these symptoms start after taking cipro, levaquin, or avelox?
I have the same as you have checked as much out as possible with doctors  but no answer I thought  I want drinking enough as once i drink i seem to calm and go back to sleep No visual signed but constipation has been an issue I am now doing coffee enemas as I think it might be toxic bowels but then again just my own thoughts .  I also am looking at yeast in the intestine.  Have changed my diet a year ago when my husband was diagnosed with hpv throat cancer. and we decided to go now the natural path with no chemo or radiotherapy a year later he is well they gave him 3 months to live stage 3 tonsil carcinoma. 6 months ago i was diagnosed just by change with bowel cancer.the tumour was 3.5 cm but had been contained. in the sigmoiid to the doctors surprise. I told him i bought is was due the our diet. during my week in hospital no tremors  that is why i think maybe  it was because my bowels were empty. si I am doing coffee enemas and will check to see if it makes a difference . Cheers  Jackie

LISTEN UP -- omg, so many crazy theories on this board -- and I've considered them all. But after years, I discovered that I have had very high blood glucose levels -- increasingly worse and the internal vibrating was worse and worse, too. Whether it was the blood sugar fluctuating or the dehydration that goes along with glucose and ketones -- I cannot say for sure 100%. But, I know that when my glucose levels come back down to "normal" low 80s on a glucometer, I get the vibrating and I get anxiety and the feeling of someone walking over my grave. I had high glucose for so long, that when I was sleeping and coming down to the leveles of a "normal healthy person," I was getting all these very abnormal, and very real sensations. These included twitching and tingling as many of your say. Get your blood checked several times -- or do it yourself. You can buy a glucometer at a pharmacy or Walmart. No prescription needed. Check before you eat and after. And check when you are feeling these odd things. You may well find out, like I did, that you are experiencing abnormal highs and lows. 80s (or 4.6)  is normal. It should virtually always be between 75 and 100 (no more than 120 just after you eat carbs). If so, you need to see a doctor straight away, one who understands diabetes -- perhaps an endocrinologist. And, if you have diabetes, make sure you get the tests to tell whether it's autoimmune Type 1 -- get the antibody tests for GAD, insulin, etc. Best of luck and good health in the future. Also, if you do turn out to have a glucose problem, do write a follow-up here and tell everyone so they know.
I have had the same thing but I dis rib it like I have jello inside jiggling. My coordination is off. I drop thing sometime walk drunk. Just not feeling well and I woke up like this. I would be couriers too. I mentioned it to my dr but they said nothing.
I work in an environment where I interact with many people suffering from various medical conditions and have noticed a marked increase in complaints of "internal shaking" within the past 5 years since the majority of analog electric and water meters have been changed out for digital or "Smart" meters. The digital meters work by wireless microwave transmission and those microwaves amplify the interference fields caused by all wireless devices such as cell phones, modems, cordless phone charging bases and they also interact with metal and normal electric devices in homes, such as light switches. Most mattresses have metal coils in them which conduct 'dirty electricity' and microwaves into a person's body all night as they sleep. Rather than healing and rejuvenating at night, we're being 'baked.' Watch a video called, "Take Back Your Power" and you''ll see how the standards of microwave exposure considered safe for humans have been increased to accommodate "Smart Meters"  Google "Dangers of Smart Meters."  Symptoms include, internal tremors, heart palpitations, bands of heat across the body, insomnia, being awakened by internal pounding, etc..We are becoming increasingly bombarded by electromagnetic fields, WiFi, microwaves, etc....most people use GPS rather than paper maps- it's everywhere and taking a toll on our bodies.
Hi All,

I am 31, Female and have had the most stressful period in my life. Everything started in October, 2015 when I lost my job and I got extremely stressed out. In December I went to have some beers with friends and the following morning I felt pan above my belly button, I had CT Scan and Blood work everything looked good but found a small cyst on my ovary. Then I got another job and after a month I lost it because of Visa paper wok ( I am Hungarian living in the USA) Haven't been able to work for more then 2 months. I have been stressed out for 3 months but I think everything started getting better, I did FODMAP diet and no alcohol, exercise etc.
In March I had my birthday and I went out had some wine and beers for 2 days. I did no feel any pain in my belly so I was happy. But right after the first day of having wine I felt tingling in my feet. I got very stressed what else could come after all I have been through. I also started taking Vitamin B6 50 mg and Symprove probiotics a couple days before having alcohol. Since then I have not been feeling good at all. I have muscle twitches, week legs and arms, painful jaws and grinding teeth. The last couple nights I have experienced the Shakes too. That is so awful. At the moment when I am about to fall asleep I start shaking in the inside (nothing visible in the outside) then I wake up calm myself down and its gone. Also feel this weird thing in the morning when I wake up. Its been 3 days now. I cry every day, I am so nervous and don't understand what is happening.
I remember having this shakes once when I was a teenager and had lots of booze the night before. Also I had it a month ago when I was waiting for the CT Scan results but when I learned it was ok then it went away and now its back.
Can anyone help and tell me why I feel this and what could help. :(
Check your magnesium level. Your symtoms are the same as mine and my magnesium level was low. Once I started supplements,the symptoms slowly went away.
I have experienced the trembling most people have on this board. It has become permanent for the last 2 years. It has complicated my heart issues (atrial fibrillation). I think my heart is trembling along with the other muscles over a majority of my body complicating my heart-associated fatigue. This trembling has been present for a number of years and seems to link to other conditions involving muscle tremors that I first noticed following sinus infections and alcohol consumption which left me for a few days with brief tremors in my superficial muscles of my head and ear drum. Another condition appeared along with my heart problems; shivering in my chest area that required me to leave bed and sit over a floor furnace for 45 minutes till the shivering stopped. I consider it life threatening. I have experienced this in the e.r. while connected to ekg and there were no electrical traces of the symptom.

There has been some success for me in dealing with the issue in the past. Sometimes I can't do chores because it seems that the trembling is affecting my heart. Howerver, often in the past, the tremors went away with exercise involving the muscles of my chest; lifting heavy bundles and pushing a lawnmower. This applies to symptoms of afib as well as the trembling symptom.

My diet has been full of sugar which could easily cause nutritional imbalances. I just took an epsom salt bath and am attempting to alkalize my tissues in hopes that it is an issue with electrolytes. Exercise no longer resloves the trembling for me.

A new area of therapy cropped up recently: energy work using lasers and scenar devices. These devices can be obtained for home use for a combined expense of under $1000. The operative theory is that tissues become under-volted and membranes do not pass nutrients in and waste out. Additionally, the nervous system "switches off" healing to areas that the brain has repeatedly attempted to heal. The scenar creates nerve impulse like signals that re-set the healing process. These devices have given me temporary relief. The laser stopped trembling (or significantly reduced intensity) in several different regions of treatment for a day or two. Laser is light energy that penetrates to problem tissues (see LLLT on the web). These devices can be applied to energy pathways (Chinese acupuncture meridians) to treat systemic issues, i.e. nervous system dystonia. Given that my history includes shivering in the same areas as trembling could it be that the trembling is a spastic response to a lack of energy?  

Though these means are not proven in the U.S. they have a successful history in Eastern Europe. They have the appeal of capability to be broadly applied and broad in effect.

My layman's interpretation of the progress of my condition focuses on the muscle tissues rather than the central nervous system. Opinions seem to be divided on the question of which system is at fault. I don't see how the cns could affect particular muscle masses. How does the condition "spread"? is another question for me. It appeals to me that the source of the problem does not necessarily have to be determined in order to treat it. Broad solutions such as nutrition, dirty electricity/EMF control, energy devices, yoga, alkalizing techniques offer hope to me for all my health issues. I will pursue these in favor of medical treatments.

Sorry this is such a long post but I wanted to share even though I can't offer a treatment (yet).
John
Here are some areas that I have worked on without any success.
Improvements have been made in my thyroid with armour and megadoses of iodine. EMF exposure has been reduced 80%. 4 colonic series with herbal colon cleanse. More exercise. Device protocol for Parkinsons (LLLT and Scenar). Restore autonomic nervous system balance with above devices. Quantum Pulse device treatment series.
Now I will try heavy metal testing
omg Im having the same exact thing your having for 2 months now. internal tremors that wake me up at night. I notice them when laying down or really tired going to bed, and I believe I also have the ebv virus and all my test results were the same as yours. positive ANA test but everything else plus my RA was negative I dont know what step to take next .maybe a neurologist
Wow, this forum has been going on for years!  I've read through all the posts and it seems nobody has a really clear answer but it's reassuring to know that I'm not alone in having this bizarre internal trembling. Mine is not external - it just feels like a power source is running through me. It's been going on for about 3 months now and is no longer occasional but every day.  I don't notice it much when I'm up and about because I'm focused on other things but in bed I really notice it when lying still.  Sometimes it's absent, but then when I move around it starts up. I don't know whether anyone else has felt they can calm it down by concentrating on it to disappear - I can seem to do this temporarily. I have other similar symptoms to many people here - strange skin sensations, numbness, tingling in various parts of my body, menthol sensations on my tongue, lips, lower back pain, neck pain. I was convinced I must have MS and asked unhelpful GP to referme to a private neurologist. He organised an MRI and EP tests but both show negative as well as various blood tests. Only question was a slight 'change' in an area of the spinal cord in the cervical area - cause unknown. Another common denominator seems to be a positive ANA which I tested to over 12 years ago. I don't drink, don't take meds, but yes I certainly have had a build up of stress in my life over the past 5 yearsand have been found to have high cholesterol and low vitamin D which I now supplement along with a few other vitamins.  I think we all fear a serious illness is behind our symptoms - I know I do, and when doctors put stress down as a cause it just feels like they're not interested or don't want to spend the NHS's money (UK) on investigating symptoms that are too vague and can have so many causes. I want to try to get an answer (and hopefully the right treatment) if it costs me ££ in private med charges so thinking about seeing a rheumatologist or endocrinologist who will have a different angle. In the meantime as my stress isn't going to go away I will try other routes such as massage, yoga, acupuncture and maybe homeopathy to see whether any of these make a difference.  i hope some of you have managed to resolve this or at least found coping mechanisms.
Magnesium deficiency is something to research.
It helps me to see that I am not alone.
It seems to me that the wonderful people who have researched and shared their cures and/or reliefs for our problems include: Magnesium supplements, slapping and stretching, heavy metal testing and detox if indicated, good mattress, pillow and sleeping positions, PCR test for Lyme disease, EMF issues supplement with iodine, magnesium, selenium and sea salt, candida yeast testing and remediation. I may have missed several, but this list does give us hope. Thank you to all who have contributed.
I wrote here on 5 August 2014:

"I have been wondering about possible irritation of the sciatic nerve by tightness in the piriformis muscle, but haven't seen an osteopath about that yet."

The osteopath wasn't interested in my suggestion.

A physiotherapist, whom I had consulted about my calf muscle pain, had told me that my piriformis muscles were in spasm.

Eventually, I saw a chiropractor who said it was possible my foot tingling was coming from sciatic nerve irritation, even in the absence of pain down the upper leg.

I finally have pain going down the sides of my upper legs, which has made my soleus calf muscle pain worse. Also, pain in buttocks. Although they were already tender, they hurt now when I sit.

I'm pretty sure the foot buzzing after cycling was caused by pressure on the piriformis muscle caused by the hardness of the saddle.

The spasm above my left hip has got worse.

I am sure now I have Piriformis Syndrome which is a form of sciatica, and suspect this is responsible for the foot tingling.

Hope you find this interesting and that it may enlighten some readers as to the cause of their own symptoms.
hi, maybe your heat pump system was producing vibrations. i think  that all our syntoms are the results of vibrations. i have have many cars near my home and many are tuning speakers ( more powerful ) and they produce low frequency sounds... vibrations. it's a kind of pollution. i'm italian, am a psychologist and i'm studyng about this problem. it's not ansiety caused but cause ansiety.  i'm sure that our problem is caused by infrasounds and other low frequencies. how many of you have some source of low frequencies? disco, hi fi car? home theather? something similar... sorry for my english and good luck to everyone :)
I'm a 72 year old female. Four years ago my health started going downhill. After about 6 months I started shaking inside and my feet always felt like they were in a block of ice, although they did not feel cold to the touch. Bottom line is that eventually they discovered that I had 2 kinds of Pseudomonas AND the histoplasmosis virus caused by the inhalation of spores when living near the Mississippi river. Once these were cured, the internal shaking went away - what an absolute blessing. About 8 months ago I had a severe fall and in addition to a foot that was fractured in two places and a fractured ankle, the internal shaking started again. Four years ago I think I had every test and saw every specialist there was but no answers. Four years ago I lived at the beach and now I live in the dessert - obviously not environmental at least for me. Just had my annual physical and my blood tests were amazingly good - my doctor said that people would pay good money to have them that good. My cardiologist who is in his early 40s said my heart tests are better than his. I do have fibromyalgia but no pain thanks to Dr. St. Amand's guaifenesin protocol. I can't find a connection between the internal shaking and anything at all - I've even kept a diary to be sure. The only possible thing I've heard is that someone wrote a book about how our body shakes inside to change the way our nerve endings that are just under the skin re-organize themselves after they have been disturbed. Makes sense in my case. Evidently the book explains how when you have surgery, these connections go haywire due to cutting the skin. Has anyone heard of this book? Also after 8 months I still have a lot of body pain from my neck to my toes on the right side so I'm not healing well from the fall either.
I too experience cold feet in connection with the internal tremors. They get cold when the internal tremor begins.
So far I have only managed to read less than half of the postings, but I am intrigued that no one so far seems to have mentioned the likely physiological connection between the internal tremors and inadequate muscle tone.
It seems to me there is only a slight physiological difference between the internal tremor and normal, healthy muscle tone (which we do not notice as a tremor but in fact it is), because recently I experienced internal tremor with a somewhat higher frequency vibration where I felt there was hardly any gap between the peaks. (If I had felt no gap at all then I would not be conscious of the tremor, meaning it would then be normal muscle tone.)
On other occasions the internal tremor has longer gaps between the peaks so that it shows up as a pinging feeling maybe 5 to 10 pings per second.
Another reason to suspect that the internal tremor is actually inadequate muscle tone:- It appears when I lie down and try to go to sleep, or when sleeping and then waking up to it. It disappears on getting up and walking around or standing still, and it very occasionally continues on sitting down. (It may even start when sitting down if close to falling asleep in the sitting position, but not strongly.) Since normal, healthy muscle tone is required to hold our body in (for example) a standing position, and is not needed when we lie down and relax, the internal tremor may be physiologically only slightly different (for chemical, biochemical or electrical reasons such as electrolyte imbalance in the blood) from normal, healthy muscle tone.
Another related comment, on anxiety as a cause:- Anxiety is a standard symptom of several different electrolyte and hormone imbalances in the blood, so in those cases either has a physical not mental cause or they are one and the same and so also physical.  When doctors write off internal tremors as anxiety, they are in fact failing to recognise that whether the anxiety is physical or mental in origin, it is showing up as a physical event. They need to ask themselves which they mean, (1) is the internal tremor merely imagined -- not real -- or (2) is it experienced, i.e. a physical event. If it is a physical event (and those of us who experience it know that is exactly what it is) then it must have a basis in the same biochemistry as muscle tone. If it is merely imagined then why are we able to describe it as a symptom that changes with our body position (standing or lying down, and other postural differences mentioned by many sufferers)?
Sri Lankan Ayurvedic medicine can CURE fibromyalgia.  I know someone close who took it when diagnosed.  Took time, but he is alright now.  I hope this information helps you.
I had this type of symptom prior to being diagnosed with Parkinson's. A neurologist could tell you.
Thank you for compiling the list of possible issues.  I have a lot of testing to look forward to in my future :)
Yes, it's 2016 and I'm replying to posts in 2008, but maybe this can help others, as some comments here help me.  I have weird internal trembly, electric vibrating feeling mostly at night after rest.  I also have Chronic EBV and chronic Lyme.  Thank you for someone who suggested too much sugar could make this worse.  I'll try to see if reducing sugar can help. You can't see the shaking zapping which is NOT normal.  I've only been ill three years so I remember what normal feels like.  I'm hoping acupuncture helps... Blessings of healing to all of you!
Do you have any other symptoms? A positive ANA may indicate some autoimmune activity. Make sure your testing includes thyroid antibody testing not just TSH. Many Dr.s miss autoimmune thyroid.
I too have beeb feeling like this for about one month now.

I have auto immune illnesses such as hashimotos thyroiditis fybromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis.

Apart from feeling yuk from all of this i now have this tremor feeling happening

What is it???

chrissy
I have had internal tremors for 3 weeks - 24-7...what has helped is Acupuncture ..ask your practitioner about Liver Wind and 500 MG doses of an Amino Acid called L- Theanine have dialed them down a bit.  I take high does of Melatonin to sleep. And Kava root (liquid form) for anxiety.  I've been reading other message boards and some think it's related to menopause.  Others have had success with a drug called Gabapentin (I haven't tried this yet), Black Cohosh (herb), Progesterone cream and estrogen (also have not tried) and Chinese herb called Xiao Yao Wa.  Please keep posting any cures/helpful meds to make these awful tremors go away and I will do the same.
I have Fibromyalgia and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity,i get internal tremors that can last 4 months,usually after a chemical exposure, Fibromyalgia,MCS,Lyme and Metal Toxicity cause these tremmors
I had internal tremors from the following conditions:

Hypothyroidism
Magnesium deficiency
Acute kidney failure

The tremors went away when the conditions were treated.