Autoimmune Disorders Community
Internal tremor - shaking inside ?
Viewing 201-333 comments:
Here is my experience:  
I am 40, man, caucasian.
Vibrations started years ago from my lower legs. They progressed to my hips, chest, and, finally two years ago, to my entire body. I started to worry when i noticed numbness and tinkling in my left arm. I have been through a massive number of exams, rmi to skull and cervical, emg, ecodoppler, blod exams, ANA included. All are negative. The main neurologists of my State told me nothing was wrong for what it concerned their field.

The kind of internal tremor i have is a sort of electric wave, similar to touching a car with a runnning engine, or a fridge. It is all over the body. It is worst when i'm tired, depressed, with alcohol, immediately after some fisical activity. It is noticeable when I'm sitting or laying down, and when i try to rest. It makes sleeping very difficult. I wake up at nights. It affects my concentration and confidence. I have also periodical numbness in my left arm.

For what I've reserched so far I suffer of and improper nerve conduction or central nervous system problem, but not of MS. Fortunately I have no shakes or external vibration; absolutely no problem of coordination, motion, muscle control. I am not taking any prescription drugs but only vitamins to help the nerves such as SAMe, Alpha Lipoic Acid, B12 ecc. They get some relief but the don't stop my syntoms completely. I also start some Yoga and swimming.

I don't know the cause of my internal vibration.
It could be one the following:

1) A problem with my neck. I suffered some light enjuries playing sport. I have some bulging disk at C5-C6 and C6-C7. I sat years at a computer for work and study and I know my posture was very bad. It could have created problems to my spinal cord. I could cause nerve compression. Or a dis-alignment of the spinal cord.    

2) Hormonal imbalance as suggested on the forum by floridagirl11.

3) Nutritional deficiencies

4) Some virus. Auto immune deficienses. I suffer of herpes simplex.

5) Heavy metal poisoning. I have always had many amalgam filling since kid. They were replaced 15 years ago. I still have three and i have always suffered of brussism with my teeth.

Remedies:
i taking vitamins to help my nervous system and start to do yoga and swimming.

Can anybody on this forum help to come out from this internal vibrations which are so frustrating for many of us?
Can someone help writing their positive story and how they came out of internal body vibrations?
Thanks and God bless you all in the new year.
Hi Sonya.

I've got exact same symptoms as you. Started with twitching and tingling down my entire right side, which moved on to internal tremors and now I have burning.  I was using quite a lot of recreational drugs but that was a long time ago and still have the symptoms.  Also,  have heavy legs at times, light headedness and some blurry vision.  Dr said I have an over-active central nervous system caused by the drugs but I'm not convinced.  Should have calmed down. Dizapum does seem to stop the symptoms.....in the mean time I've cut out caffine which was clearly making it worse , as well as sugar. I'm too scared to go for an MRI... :(
I also have similar symptoms as you . I have some narrowing in my spine Inbetween c4/5 and c5/6.  Also had a MRI of the brain and blood work ( all normal )and nerve conduction tests. I have carpel tunnel in both hands but no pinched nerve showing up on test. It is very frustrating as I have trouble sleeping as well. I am convinced it has to do with the neck but so far can't prove anything. Sometimes I can feel the vibrations coming on stronger and it seems like my heart is racing however when I check my pulse it isn't. Sometimes it seems like my eyes are shaky, do you ever get that sensation? I have been taking b12 and magnesium ,alpha lipoid acid as well. Also was told I have a pinched nerve at L 5
Maybe, but some people still need thyroid treatment regardless of "normal" test results.  Your best indicator of low metabolism is your body temperature and your pulse.  Find a functional medicine doctor to help you  decide on treatment.  Also, please read everything  you can on this site:  http://www.*************************/long-and-pathetic/
the site is " stop the thyroid madness" (the web addresst did not come up on my prior reply).  I've found this site very helpful.  I'm extremely hypothyroid, but armour and naturthroid did not work well for me.  I'm doing my own treatment with nutri meds pure thyroid glandular (no added ingredients, in a capsule), taking my temp and pulse daily (both quite low) to monitor progress.  My greatest challenge is addressing adrenal fatigue, high cortisol at night, severe insomnia, the tremor/vibration/shaking that so many describe here, in addition to brain zaps.  I'm sorry for everyone's suffering, but I admit that I find comfort in reading other's experience that is similar to mine.  Thank you all for sharing; you are very brave.  
Hi shirl49
I haven't been diagnosed with carpel tunnel.
You wrote: "Sometimes I can feel the vibrations coming on stronger and it seems like my heart is racing however when I check my pulse it isn't". It happens exactly the same to me.
You wrote: "Sometimes it seems like my eyes are shaky, do you ever get that sensation?". No, I don't feel it, but having this vibrations,and current, all over the body, you may notice it in the eyes too. It may depends on the brain attention to the symptoms, I guess.

I stopped taken prescription drugs. They were ineffective to me.
I also think that my symptoms have to do something with the neck and more in general the problems could be caused by wrong posture taken along years, and some depression. I stopped doing sport almost ten years ago and I'm spending eight hours a day working at a computer.  
A neurologist I visited a coupe of years ago said that my tensive migraine was due to bad posture of the neck at work and bad pillow and mattress used.  He recommended to take yoga classes. I was skeptic at that time.
Than, finally I started recently yoga and his words are getting much sense now.

I have to say than Yoga (meditation Yoga, positions, extensions, not cardio yoga) is helping at the moment. So it is helping sleeping on a side (I had never done before). When I wake up vibrations are almost gone. They come back when I start moving, but it is a first improvement. I hope I can get rid of this terrible symptoms. I read it takes three months to the nerves to heal. I'll see.

I take a Yoga class almost every day.
Take Same, B12, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Fitowitania, and other supplement according to a naturopate suggestions. Anyway, I take something natural which can help to heal nerves.
I have a natural diet. No junk food.
Try to sleep regular hours, sleeping on a side, got better pillow. Goos mattress helps also.

What are your remedies? Are they helping?
I can't believe that you have simliar symptoms.  I Also do not want to go out n public, even to church or to small gatherings .  The internal tremor is so weird but I believe we will get better.  Keep you in my prayers--I am a christian believer and know that meds can only do so much and that you can only to so much.  Hope to go for counselling as my at times seems lower than normal.  I may even go to
I have the same thing. It started after I got a migraine. Then it only happened every now and then but recently it's been everyday all day. I haven't seen my Dr yet but have an appt next week. I'm very nervous about it. I have diagnosed anxiety, but this does not feel like anxiety. Some points if the day safe worse then others. When I'm busy I dint notice it but at rest it drives me crazy. Now many Dr can figure it out for me
Hi, I just found this site and your post could be me!!  I am a 61 y/o retired RN (due to neck surgery).  This fall started with these vibrations and now they are worsening, extending to my whole body, even the bottom of my feet! Have you found out anything?  I hope you are feeling better and would appreciate any information if you have it!  Thanks so much, Patti
That is true... I too suffer from this.. I will post my story later... I wake up everyday like this .. I ave been tested as well for ANA,ESR, creative/BUN, rheumatoid factors, Lyme disease and t goes on....... I get the ANXIETY dx all the time so now I can't function when I wake up without alprazolam... I too need to go to a REAL doctor and neurologist...... It's depressing.
I have internal shaking for the last 5 y ears as well as many other strange symptoms.. I would wake up with a whole body burning/tingling.. I had that sensation twice before... once after taking a Contact C for a cold when I was 17 and 2 days after giving birth. After I have birth 7 years ago I got burning in the legs for a few months and numbness in tongue.. had scan everything was okay.. felt fine otherwise... well a couple years later (5 years ago) I gave birth again and 2 weeks later started with burning legs and then lump in throat with a lot of burping, the burning/tingling, feeling sick and the internal tremors. I have the internal tremors 24/7 everyday but got used to them until a few months ago. I was on medication for a tooth infection and everything came back.. before that the last year I felt the best that I have ever except for this acid reflux.. felt alike something stuck in throat and burping all the time.. I found the worse that was the shaking was worse. However, I was able to eat/drink anything I want and not upset my stomach. When I took these antibiotics a couple months ago, my whole system just went out of whack.... started with very upset stomach, bloody stools(which seem to have resolved) no appetite... back pain.. then I started feeling better for a coule weeks, had appetite, sleeping good etc.. then it hit me again, bad spells of burning body sensations, lump in throat really bad, sore neck and burning legs all day, nervousness and the internal tremors are crazy..No appetitie, living off of toast and Ativan... its awful... just got a bunch of blood work incluing TSH, Free T3 and T4, Antithyroid antibodies, prolactin, cortisol, CBC and.. however it seems everytimet hey seem to come back fine... I was convinced it was my thyroid but I don't know what to do.. felt so good the last year with just mini spells and now feel like I am back to square one.
I've been having this random internal shaking once in a while, too. I mostly notice it when I am dehydrated, lacking sleep or after drinking coffee. Neck muscles get really tight, and tremors worsen with my head rotated to the right or laterally flexed to the left. Have no idea what it is, but I'm guessing I should take some calcium and magnesium supplements, as it look like my muscles are going into spasms to the point that they are trembling
I think a neurological symptom like internal tremors could have a wide variety of possible causes.  I had tremors like this that started in my foot and spread to my thigh, groin, and side.  It was fairly constant for more than 10 years.  I happened to be diagnosed with toxic levels of lead & mercury a year ago and underwent 4 intravenous chelation treatments over the course of a couple months to remove the metal from my tissues. The tremors stopped after the 2nd treatment and have not returned. I am assuming that the metal was causing the neurological symptoms in my case.  
Hello All Shakers -  has anyone had a definitive answer from a doctor on the interior tremors?   I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and p.t.s.d. and I should be on thyroid meds but I don't take anything stronger than aspirin or occasionally ibuprofen.   Had a ct scan for other reasons but nothing there.  Even if there is more than one cause, it would be good to have something to go on.  I am so thankful I am not alone with this -  it is frightening.  thanks all
My spells, as I call them, when I can feel them coming on don't happen everyday. I have wondered if they could be hormonal. I just had another EEG which came back normal. The neurologist asked me if I thought I had Fibromyalgia. Gave me some Lyrica to try but I haven't taken it yet. I don't like the idea of tryings meds unless he is sure of what I have.I am not sure why he thought I might have that. I am thinking of having a toxin screen because I work around a lot of chemicals( I am a hairdresser) Some of my coworkers heat up glue when they do hair extensions and I inhale it.I tell my husband that I wish someone could just turn off the switch and make the vibrations stop !I have thought of tryng yoga. I will have to look into that. I am having carpel tunnel surgery on Thursday. Hope it helps.
I have been having whole body tremors for about 6 weeks, maybe longer. I also have some issues with my left eye twitching and some numbness in the left side of my face. I feel that the nerves of my face or my 7th cranial nerve is damaged. I am scared that this may never go away. I am sorry you all have dealt with this but so glad not to be alone. I want to seek treatment but just graduated from college and have no insurance and no job.
Can you please give me more info on the ear infection related to heart problems?  I'm concerned that my symptoms may be leaning towards something here...
I have been looking at this site and believe i have this and am going next week to get checked. It is a disease that normal doctors no nothing about except probably the name.  http://www.parathyroid.com/  

This is NOT your thyroid it is only near your thyroid.  But i heard you say something about high calcium and after reading this whole website there are very few if any other reasons other than parathyroid disease. But dont get scared from what i read it is almost never cancerous and takes no more than 15 min of surgery and your healed.   good luck, Im still trying to find out about my inside body tremors.
I woke up one sunday had pain in my left shoulder it moved down i could not level my  left middle finger and than on monday went 2 work (i drive buses) was fine all mornin than round 9am sometime itfelt like i was spinnin everytime i turned my head or was drivin it felt as if i was spinnin or evrything was spinnin round me  
Did you get any results back yet about the parathyroid? I have read some things about it and going to ask for the blood test.
I haven't looked into this enough to know but I have understand that some of these thyroid tests are not conclusive . Sometimes they show normal when they aren't .  I'm thinking of taking my Mum to a thyroid specialist who acknowledges these contradictions . Does anybody have any recommendations ?
I have the exactly symptoms that you have and more.  All the doctors told me the same, everything in my labs are ok.  I went to a alternative medicine Dr, and she told me it could be CANDIDA YEAST.  This parasites living in our body and when they are overgrowth, they make toxins, and eating everything that we eat, our body become depleted of nutrients, they attack the whole body when they are in the blood stream.  Our nerves, brain, heart, kidneys, intestines ....Our bodies are toxic.  Please everybody check for this.
Did you have amalgam mercury dental fillings?  I am curious because I have severe internal tremors and insomnia, complete fatique from no sleep.  You had metal toxic poisoning and the celation removed it.  I would like to try the celation therapy, but I am wondering if I need my fillings removed?  What do you think, did you have metal fillings?
I too suffer all your symptoms. Have you had any answers to what's going on? I've had every test imaginable. Only thing that shows up is left side neuropathy. I beleive it's Lyme as well.
Hi there, by now i really hope you have cured your aliment.  I just wanted to write you and let you know that it is likely to do with your stomach.  You may have Candida which can cause leakage into your internal organs which intern causes major stress to the body.  This is what i think the cause of the internal shaking is.  I suffer from this also but not as much as you.  You need to stop eatting any sugar and preferably start a RAW food diet.  eliminate meat and animal products.  Sugar is the biggy though.  Please please see a nathopath, they will tell you what suppliments you need to take.  Hope this helps.
If you want a short cut, get on a strong antibiotic. Then if the symptoms starts to go away , it IS PROBABLY IS LYME no matter what the test results say.  Read about all the lyme controversy with the testing. Read about the symptoms because it does sound like lyme to me. For me lyme was only a nerves system issue , i was caught in stage 2 but could of been caught in stag 1 if the doctors had better testing. If you have lyme, wont get better without antibiotics . Feeling sick on alcohol, tired, mentally confused, short term memory problems all major markers. Twitching and involuntary jerks & sleep issues all markers too.  Lyme tremors seem to be much worse at night, it is thought that the bacteria grows at night when your body is at a cooler temp. I was suffering really bad and realized the doctors were wrong. After going to many specialist ,..gastrologist  ,endocrinologist , gynecologist , neurologist and being told countless times nothing was wrong with me, blood work shows I'm healthy?! With the buzzing and internal tremor  i was dying inside and nobody would help me!!!! i really thought it was lyme because MS had been ruled out by the neurologist. Although I asked, nobody would give me an antibiotic because i had know infection that showed. In the end i just knew it was lyme, ive had two dogs diagnosed with lyme in the past 5 years i went in search of a specialist who would test through Igenx but had problems finding one and was going crazy not sleeping. So, I instead  went into a walk-in and complained about a urinary track infection and got an antibiotic.   i became better however, insanity returned as soon as i ran out of antibiotics. However, it did give me time to clear my head and find a doctor that specialized in lyme and correctly diagnosed me. You  need to find a doctor that will test you with the PCR test, find a doctor that will test through Igenix labs, they do the pcr testing. I ended up calling around and asking about what test they use for lyme ...good luck! FYI, these test are not FDA approved but are more accurate and better then the CDC recommended testing used for lyme. The present testing is based on immune response, if you we're just infected or the opposite have had lyme undiagnosed for a while your immunity will not show a response. I recently asked my vet what test they use and guess what ? They use the PCR test too for the animals. My vet said this IS the most accurate way he knows to test for lyme! I guess the animals have better testing then us?
I have been having the shaking inside and was told last week that as a child I had a worm problem and that it needed to be treated with homeopathic 7ch Lycopodium at night bed before the New Moon and 7ch Sulphur before the Full Moon so I'm going to try this and see if any thing changes. He all so said that I mite feel a sick feeling and need to use the bathroom.  
I have been having the shaking inside and was told last week From a French Dr that as a child I had a worm problem and that it needed to be treated with homeopathic 7ch Lycopodium at night bed before the New Moon and 7ch Sulphur before the Full Moon so I'm going to try this and see if any thing changes. He all so said that I mite feel a sick feeling and need to use the bathroom. I've also been looking on the net Dr. Hahnemann's Chronic Diseases (p. 1568), symptoms 891-6: Good luck
Hi I am a diabetic patient, my body does not accept all food. I am reactive to tyramine rich food. I can eat only cabbage and cauliflower and brown rice. I cannot tolerate vegetable protein. I can tolerate animal protein. I feel internal tremor,

Please help, how can I get rid of this..
I acttally went to a naturopath last week and she told me the same thing.. that my body was 89% filled with yeast and 90% sugar in my body... she gave me a diet and list of supplments to take... I started taking the probiotics and it has made everything worse....
Sounds like mold poisoning! Does your house have black mold? Mine did and I have the same thing you are trying to explain.  If so get help, it can make you very ill and cause brain damage.
I am feeling this right now. I think it has to do with the Thyroid glad not working properly; I have underactive Thyroid and it causes me a lot of crazy symptoms. When I'm moving around I don't notice it so much, but as soon as I lay down, I can notice it intensely. Makes it difficult to fall asleep and it is very annoying and scary. Off course doctors say it is anxiety, but what is trully anxiety?? This has to have a better explanation. I hope one of as can find the answer :( I just worry that it will get worse.
I agree that it has to be something other than anxiety. I really notice it when I am lying down and it comes on stronger when I turn my head to the side. I just had a MRI of my neck and it came back fine. Nothing pinching a nerve structurally. I notice that if I nod off watching T.V. And my neck is hanging down, when I "wake up" so to speak that the vibrations are stronger. That's why I was convinced it had something to do with the neck. My neuro said that sometimes it's the muscles that pince the nerves not the spine.however when I told the Orthodox that sometimes I feel the vibrations in my lips, he said that that is not from the neck.
I know exactly what your feeling i have that to. It feels like an irregular heartbeat or a murmur but its not near the heart it just feels in the upper sturnum some times it bothers my breathing. When I think about it some times the tremors feel like it speeds up.i read on webmd I check that for everything it said it could be anxiety, ,tiredness but nothing serious but it bothers me.hope we find the real cause and what can fix us.
I was wondering how you are doing now? Did the probiotics seem to help out? I had read that when you happen to have too  much yeast that the symptoms get worse before they get better when you first start to treat it.
I have internal vibrations/tremors.  I was diagnosed with Isaac's Syndrome last year.  It is a very rare autoimmune disease. My main symptoms were muscle cramping, twitching, numbness/neuropathy in my arms and legs, heart palpitations, and muscle weakness.  I have been on a load of medications since diagnosis and am doing much better.  My neurologist does not know what caused this, but a this time it is not curable, just symptomatic management.  A drug called CellCept (an immunosuppressant they give to transplant patients) seems to have stopped the myelin damage and I have improved. I tend to feel shaky inside mostly at bedtime.  I do shake on the outside at times too.  It is weird, but I have gotten used to it.  My nerves are overfiring all over, so it is just a part of the Isaac's.  Not fun.....I hope you have been able to get some help by now.
We all have had this health issues that seemed so weird, so vague, doctors are not able to pinpoint the causes .. I have been on search mode for my family's health issues for the last many years and esp. since I have retired from being and ICU RN and wanna share  with you. I have also made other posts here as several of symptoms that I've read  here are  related to Magnesium Deficiency.- A mineral that was always there but was never advertised or we don't hear much about..  Internal / external tremors, twitchings, eye tics, numbness of extremities, shaky eyes, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, bipolar sx, a person at the end of his wits, suicidal tendencies/, fibromyalgia, insomnia, poor hearing, grinding of the teeth, snoring, IBS, bone pain, body aches, cramps, rapid irregular heart beats, bac pain, and hundreds more could be signs of Magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is a mineral that is involved in 300 body enzyme processes that lack of it could manifest in hundreds of symptoms. There is an Ebook on Magnesium by Dr. Carolyn Dean that is so helpful, and even more is her book "the Magnesium Miracle" that tells why - the symptoms we experience .. what Magnesium to take.
Here is the link for the Magnesium Ebook WHO NEEDS MAGNESIUM http://www.nutritionalmagnesium.org/listmessenger/public/Magnesium_ebook.pdf
Lyme often causes Magnesium deficiency along with b12 and D. I only had the b and d deficiency but take magnesium just in case along with my antibiotics for lyme. I've been on antibiotics now for 8 months and the tremors have finally started to go away ! Lyme has a 30 day cycle and every month i seem to be getting better and better.  It's a big misconception that you usually find  a bulls eye rash with lyme, more then half of the people do not. Also, most people think of lyme as being pain in the joints but Some people like me only have it throughout my nervous system. Tremors at night , horrible feeling of tingling throughout, teeth hurt, twitching and many other odd symptoms .  I had perfect blood work according to the doctors, nothing wrong with you they would say. I found the Biggest problem with lyme is the CDC testing. You may trust your doctor and he may honestly think he is doing the right thing dismissing lyme but ,...testing for lyme is old and outdated and most doctors just abide by those tests and do not understanding the new information that has come out about lyme and the testing. Scientists  now know ( as of 2006 that lyme developes a biofilm). The biofilm that it developes protects the lyme bacteria from being seen by the immune system. The old outdated test that the CDC recommends are from the 90's and based on immune response. (Common tests im refering to is the elisa and the western blog). The CDC refuses to change the tests even though there is newer better more accurate testing advailable. The CDC goes out of their way to claim the testing is just fine, they even link the CDC site to sister sites claiming other testing is not needed and go as far as to state "if you've taken their test and you come out negative you must certainly do not have lyme" ( which is outrageousness because of the new learned science on Lyme disease and biofilm, Most doctors do not understand this and dont research what is going on with lyme and the the newer research and just abide by what the CDC states.  I was finally tested with the PCR test, it shows the actual DNA of the tick inside my blood and i absolutly have lyme  inside of me even though 5 times this passed year i was tested by the common test and it came back negitive. Months of shaking and getting sicker by the day i found a lyme doctor and ewas tested with one of the newer tests. Another test became available from advanced labs both test you need to finds a doctor that will test out of the box and you need to pay out of pocket for these test since the CDC claims nothing is wrong with their old tests and because of this they ar not FDA approved, ...I paid $270 for the PCR test and I think the advance lab test for lyme is about $500. Another test which is used for a " marker" for lyme is the CD-57 that maybe covered if you have insurance and if they except billing from the lab that does it ( labcorp ) ,...Maybe this is a good start if you have a doctor that is open to it. This test measures your fighter cells and many lyme doctors use this test to see if their patient is getting better. If your numbers are low ( under 160 i think) the more likely it is that you have lyme and NOT any of these others autoimmune diseases that are now being diagnosed.
I believe it is heavy metals toxicity. My tremors started when I moved into my new house which has a heat pump system. I was told mine has an improper water circulator. One that was meant for commercial water systems where the water was not consumed & therefore does not filter metals. The man told me I was being deluged with metals.

I changed my system a few weeks ago & feel better all ready. I am also doing a heavy metal detox. We'll see how that goes. Now what to do with the barium/aluminum laden chemtrails our fearless leaders seem all but too happy to keep dumping on us....
Did you ever find a solution? I have the same thing.
what is this internal shaking!!?? started in my legs,moves to groin,chest,even my head inside? blood test show low b and d and something about folic acid? eco was ok but sometime I can't tell if it's my heart or my chest! it's driving me crazy! i'm 58 yrs old. hormons are normal,lyme test negative altho I was bite by a tick prior to this but I have no other symptoms other than I have had two cortisone shots in my shoulder for bursitis I guess. Doctors look at me like i'm crazy and it's not anxiety causing this but this is starting to cause anxiety. this morning I went for a long walk and when I sat down it was visable for the first time. I was kinda rocking back and forth. Anyone please help!
Interesting Article for ALL :
Do you have shaking hands, tremors, twitchings ?
If you do, you could be deficient in MAGNESIUM and VITAMIN B1
Early symptoms of magnesium deficiency can include fatigue, anorexia, irritability, insomnia, and muscle tremors or twitching.
People only slightly deficient in magnesium become irritable, high-strung, sensitive to noise, hyperexcitable, apprehensive, and beligerent. If the deficiency is more severe, or prolonged, they may develop twitching, tremors, irregular pulse, insomnia, muscle weakness, jerkiness, and leg and foot cramps; their hands may shake so badly that their writing becomes illegible.
Electroencephalograms, electrocardiograms, and electromyograms, or the records of electrical waves in the brain, heart, and muscles, all become abnormal.
If magnesium is severely deficient, the brain is particularly affected. Clouded thinking, confusion, disorientation, marked depression, and even terrifying hallucinations of delerium tremens are largely brought on by a lack of this nutrient and remedied when magnesium is given.
Improvement is usually dramatic within hours after magnesium is taken.

If shaking or trembling has been present for less than 2 years, it may be caused by temporary conditions such as:
Increased anxiety or stress
Certain medications
Caffeine excess or caffeine withdrawal
Nicotine or smoking excess or nicotine withdrawal
Alcohol excess or alcohol/drug withdrawal

Such shaking or trembling could also be caused by conditions such as:
Endocrine imbalances
Electrolyte imbalances
Hormonal imbalances
As many as 1 in 20 people older than age 40 and 1 in 5 people over 65 may have essential tremor (ET). There may be as many as 10 million people with ET in the United States, and many more worldwide. Essential tremor is much more common than most neurologic disease, with the exception of stroke, and is more common than Parkinson's disease – a disorder characterized by resting tremor, stiffness and slowness of movement.
Essential tremor is a very common but complex neurologic movement disorder. It's called "essential" because in the past, it had no known cause. It's not caused by another neurological condition or the side effect of a medication. ET usually affects the hands, but it may also affect the head and neck (causing shaking), face, jaw, tongue, voice (causing a shaking or quivering sound), the trunk and, rarely, the legs and feet. The tremor may be a rhythmic "back-and-forth" or "to-and-fro" movement produced by involuntary (unintentional) contractions of the muscle. Severity of the tremors can vary greatly from hour to hour and day to day.

Some people experience tremor only in certain positions – this is called postural tremor. Tremor that worsens while writing or eating is called kinetic or action-specific tremor. Most people with ET have both postural and kinetic tremor.
Vitamin B1 is is a water-soluble vitamin needed to process carbohydrates, fat, and protein. Every cell of the body requires vitamin B1 to form the fuel the body runs on—adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Nerve cells require vitamin B1 in order to function normally. Deficiency can cause tremors.
A decline in vitamin B1 levels occurs with age, irrespective of medical condition. Deficiency is most commonly found in alcoholics, people with poor absorption conditions, and those eating a very poor diet. It is also common in children with congenital heart disease. People with chronic fatigue syndrome may also be deficient in vitamin B1. Individuals undergoing regular kidney dialysis may develop severe vitamin B1 deficiency, which can result in serious complications.
I have been diagnose a typhoid fever 3 weeks back and i am taking a medicines to cure it.After few days i felt that my hands and legs are shaking.Been to neurologist and he told me that you are suffering from anxious neurosis and told me to have some test like thyroid,ECG and Cervical Xray.Thyroid test was ok and in ECG i have a heart rate of 100 BPM per minute at rest and in Cervical X-Ray they mention about muscular spasm.
Can you please let me know the reason what had happen to me and the medicine to relief it as it very difficult to sleep at night as i feel my whole body is shaking.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Please email it to me on ***@****
I'm so relieved to know these vibrations aren't just happening to me or all in my head (when they're behind the couch or under the bed!) ...I went to the hospital to have it checked out and they said I was imagining it and sent me to the mental ward for a week. I've been out for two months and these little people punching at from behind or under me haven't gone away yet. Had MRI and blood work at hospital and only had minor deficiency in calcium. Could this be Parkinson's related?
I just read this in an article about Lyme and thought I would share it with everyone. It mentions nerve issues:

Lyme disease is most famously transferred through insect bites, particularly ticks. As a cousin to syphilis, it may spread from a mother to her fetus or through sexual contact, but this connection has not yet been proven.

Lyme is characterized by a spirochete infection called Borrelia, which is a tube-like bacterium that works by releasing bacterial lipoproteins (BLPs). These BLPs are a type of neurotoxin that lead to memory problems; hormonal imbalances; burning neurological pain; generalized inflammation; gastrointestinal discomfort and numbness; not to mention symptoms like swollen lymph nodes; fever and chills; headache and stiff neck; muscle and joint paint; and the most common symptom, lack of energy.

A spirochete is covered in antigens, which act like fingerprints, identifying itself to the immune system. When your Killer T Cells find these antigens, they know to destroy the invading bacteria. However, when the borrelia spirochete burrows into the body, its antigens are smeared over healthy tissue, which the killer T cells attack because they cannot differentiate between healthy and unhealthy tissue. When this happens, it's called an "autoimmune disease." This is one explanation that may describe why borrelia and its coinfections can be commonly found in autoimmune and rheumatic disease patients.

The more the spirochete moves through the body, the more BLPs it releases, impairing the immune system, creating inflammations, irritations and wreaking havoc to the peripheral and central nervous systems and the entire neural endocrine system. As a result, Lyme disease and its coinfections can be associated with more than 300 other diseases, including chronic fatigue syndrome and numerous autoimmune diseases.

Linking Fibromyalgia and Lyme Disease Complex

As you can see, early stages of Lyme disease complex can be very difficult to diagnose, even with a blood test. In addition to physical examination results, most doctors will rely on environmental factors such as exposure to ticks and medical history (according to Medscape, only 25-30% of patients recall a tick bite.) But let's go back to fibromyalgia. Some of these symptoms certainly overlap, especially muscle pain and fatigue, but is there a link?

According to one author on Fibromyalgia.com, "…long-term joint problems can be activated and this can lead to a central sensitization syndrome (the central pain amplifier being turned up) … I still can't give you a positive "yes" or "no" but I suspect there is a potential for a link."

- See more at: http://www.envita.com/lyme-disease/the-surprising-link-between-fibromyalgia-and-lyme-disease#sthash.wglrkXxb.dpuf
I have the same symptoms and they began when a cell phone tower was placed about 150 yards from my bedroom window. I am convinced my tremors are caused by this tower, like most or many of you, tremors come and go and are worse at night making it difficult to sleep. I can feel a pulsing sensation sometimes also, the muscles in my back and limbs seem to contract and relax involuntarily like a gentle wave sensation, again this is only noticed at night when I'm trying to sleep. I have severe stiffness and joint pains and inability to sleep deeply, I hear a deep humming sound or a high pitch squealing sound almost all the time.
I'm taking thyroid supplements so this is not related to thyroid problems.

How many of you have a cell structure near your home?
I am also a nurse so it's nice to relate to someone in the medical field. As a result of my profession I often try to figure out for myself what my physical symptoms could be a sign of before I run off to a doctor. The symptoms listed by these people in this thread "are all so similar to mine they could be describing me", as one poster puts it.

I have been awake almost all night because of an uncomfortable quivering sensation, a tremor deep within my core. Most of the posts state that they have wasted much time and money only to be told by the medical establishment that they don't know what's wrong. Those who post imply that there's a sense of disbelief  that their symptoms even exist by the medical establishment.

I wanted to run my thoughts about cell tower exposure (electromagnetic frequency, EMF/RF) by you and all of those who suffer from these symptoms to see what you think.

Think back to physiology 101, and remember that at a cellular level we use electromagnetic impulses for cellular function, positive and negative ions charge and discharge across our cell membranes to allow nutrients to pass in and waste products to pass out of our cells. Our muscles also polarize and depolarize through tiny electrical stimulus in order to produce movement. So on the most basic level our body functions depend on tiny electrical impulses for survival. The voltage needed for cellular function is so miniscule that we don't even notice it, and yet we are kept alive by these constant and tiny signals. A stronger charge can disrupt or even kill us, i.e. a lightening strike or a defibrillator.

That being said, we live in a society where everything is powered by electricity and now we contend with wifi, and cell tower frequencies also. These forms of external electrical impulses and radiation can not come in contact with our bodies without having some kind of effect on us at a cellular level, when taken into consideration that they are exponentially stronger than the natural occurring impulses produced within our own bodies. Its illogical to assume that a "no effect" even possible, common sense tells us that.

Within our cells are tiny little packages of DNA that are very sensitive to environmental toxins and will almost certainly result in the formation cancer if any damage occurs. We are being exposed to all kinds of toxins through our food, water, air, and thinning of the atmospheric protective layer around our planet ... on top of that things like "dirty electricity" and most recently, in the last 25 years or so we have been exposed to radiation from microwaves, wifi and cell towers.

I have developed the symptoms mentioned by others in this thread since I've been exposed to near constant electromagnetic frequency and radiation. It used to be we could just turn it off when we weren't using it, but now we have meters on our homes that 24/7 are transmitting signals to the power companies by wifi, laptops and computers, scanners, televisions, microwaves, cell phones, home monitoring system, baby monitors and who knows what else.  At work I'm required to push around wifi connected computers, carry a cell phone, some of my patients are on wifi transmitting monitoring devices such as: telemetry and cardiac monitors, and in one facility I wear a tracking device that helps the hospital locate my whereabouts at all times. My patients are on their cell phones and connected to their laptops by wifi. The nursing station is buzzing with electrical equipment I have constant exposure  I've had my home tested at 200mv/cm sq. when a cellular tower was first installed within 150 ft of my bedroom five years ago, since then the power has been pumped up multiple times and I now have 8ft antenna all around the pole. I currently have no idea what my exposure is except that its 24/7.

My point is that my symptoms coincide with my exposure to these devices and their powering and communication capabilities. I believe we are suffering from electrical sensitivity and radiation. I need to do some research to see if these symptoms are also experienced by over exposure.

Dirty electricity escapes from our wall sockets, the power lines are grounded by connecting them to underground water pipes, we are walking antenna for cell phone companies often strapping these devices to our heads as we go. We are getting sick and because the medical establishment relies on skewed reports and research bought and paid for by the very companies who want to have evidence to support their claims that their products are harmless, our doctors tell us they don't know what's wrong with us. Much the same as the tobacco industry tried and still tries to con us into believing their product doesn't kill.

I'm asking that persons on this blog think back to when their symptoms first started to manifest and see if there isn't a correlation with some of the things I've mentioned. Please post one way or another and give your feed back about this.

Hi, Yes, being Nurses, we are very aware that not everything can be diagnosed in the medical field.
I am sorry about your  situation.. Living close to those towers I think will cause certain health issues still unknown exactly as to what.  I will send you a link I found by message if you would be interested in this kind of protection from EMF.
I remember reading up on EMF before and the advise was not to have the alarm clock close to me, do not sleep under electric blankets,  or any electrical powered device be close when we sleep. Do you see the tower from your house ? From your bedroom window ?
There are devices for protection form EMF.. Hopefully these whole house devices that they talk about to protect will work. They say you could try it and return if no results. I will message you one, then maybe you could start search from there. Did you say your thyroids are fine ? How about supplementing with Magnesium ? Its not gonna hurt, while you are searching for correction for being so close to cell phone towers..
Hope you the best. Take care.

I have a cell tower a block over from my house. It has been there long before my symptoms started, however they have added more cell things ( dont know what the official name is) to the tower over the years. My vibrations are also worse at night . I have been noticing that they get worse if my neck is turned to one side or the other. I had another neck MRI recently and there was nothing structurally that was causing a pinched nerve. It definitely feels like an electrical current running through my body. I recently was away from home for 3 weeks and it seemed like it wasn't as bad when I was gone. It didn't go away though.
There is health issues around those Cell phone towers..
Google Search : Cell phone towers health

EMF is radiation problems, Iodine could be your answer for protection.
Iodine protects from Radiation effects . This is what they use in Japan
for the people affected by the Nuclear leakage from the Historic Flood disaster.

"Follow Dr Browstein's protocol from his book "Iodine, why you need it and why you can't live without it." Iodine should not be used alone. It is a combo of Iodine, Magnesium, Selenium and Sea salt.
what do you mean by brain zaps?
I saw this post on Lyme forum and thought it was interesting:

I didn't realize that so many other Lyme sufferers are dealing with the internal vibration/buzzing thing!

This has been one of the longest occuring symptoms I've had, and I have a bunch to share on it.

The only test result that has ever come back positive for me, three separate times since getting Lyme, has been an EEG test of my brain that shows I have a seizure disorder in my left temporal lobe, which occured immediately after I got Lyme.

I had always assumed that the internal "tremors" as I have called them ( which occur primarily at night with me ) were due to this seizure disorder. My psychiatrist said it may very well be from this.

Also, an LLMD I saw years ago, felt that I had Bartonella, because of the seizure disorder that came with the Lyme, and he felt that the inner tremors (which also are not visable on the outside, as someone else pointed out) could be due to this seizure disorder.

Let me say that both these doctors also told me that very frequently, people who have outright external and visible seizures will not even get a positive test result on an EEG test.

My psychiatrist was actually very surprised that my test results came back positive 3 times for this - being as I don't get external seizures. He actually had several patients who suffered grand mal seizures and it did not show up on their EEG's!

I really want to report this because it is highly likely that many Lyme sufferers who have internal vibrations/trembling ( especially present at night ) also have a seizure disorder that may or may NOT show up on an EEG.

When they tested me, I had to be at rest, and was supposed to try and fall asleep. The first time, I had to go without sleep the entire night before the test, so I would fall asleep during the test. That is when the crazy brain waves showed up on the monitor. And, I was having the internal vibrating at the same time.

An EEG is a terrific test to have done, especially if you are trying to apply for disability benefits. An indication of brain seizure activity is taken very seriously.

Every Lyme flareup I get is accompanied by this inner trembling. It occurs throughout my entire body. But depending on which part of the brain is affected, to anyone else, it could happen only in certain parts of the body.

But I also get the internal vibrations whenever I am exposed to certain chemicals or bad foods.

Insecticides are by far the worse! Where I used to live, I could always tell when the neighbor had gone out and sprayed his yard. This always triggered off my seizure disorder with strong internal vibrations along with a horrible Lyme flareup for several weeks!

The label on some of these products actually admit to having a strong adverse affect not only on bugs, but on the human central nervous system, and even warn against possibly causing Parkinson's disease!

Personally, I think the widespread use of these things is causing more sickness than we can even imagine. It may be one of the worst attrocities we have going on in this country today!

Being exposed to second hand cigarrette smoke is a walk in the rose garden compared to this! And absolutely nothing is being done to regulate it!

We subject others around us to perhaps one of the worst poisons there is, simply because we can't stand a few bugs around the house.

Anyway, I'll avoid getting into this. It is a huge sore point for me.

Tara, I think you are right about the mold connection too. And for sure, I have noticed when I eat certain things, it causes the tremors. Toxicity triggers them.
I feel exactly the same way, the trembling and shaking is continuous, disrupts my sleep. I have done all the test MRI, TSH, all blood test, they are all negative. No idea what is this symptom. jen
My inner tremors also get worse while laying down and turning my head to the left or the right. I can " feel" it coming on. I do have issues with the muscles in my neck getting rather tight due to my job. I haven't been able to sleep very well lately because the tremors are so bad a night. It is so frustrating not knowing what it is, or what will help.
Hello everyone, I am very new to this!
I was hoping to get a few answers for myself as I have something similar.
I am 21, male, white.
Wednesday night I started to get internal body shakes, they were on and off every time i would lay down. At the moment it freaked me out badly and soon enough those inner tremors become constant by morning. They feel like they are coming from my back, i also noticed that my back has been a lot lately all over. These tremors are like throbbing/popping sensations.
Could it be that i just did something to my back? I know on tuesday I did weightlifting at a very quick rate and didnt stretch properly. Then on wednesday I walked about 8 miles around campus with a very heavy backpack on.
I also noticed that when my back started to act up my sinuses got really back. Faint around the head, dry throat, face pressure, mild headache.
I've already been taking magnesium pills for about 3 now, 300mg a day. So it cant because i have low magnesium levels.
i also have been taking my vitamin B and D for a few years along with multiple vitamins. So i am pretty stocked up on my vitamins haha.
Stress has not really been a factor, the last time i was extremely stressed was the end of spring semester.
So I am personally baffled on what this is.
I am a very optimistic person and refuse to let these "sensations" slow my life down, but it would be very helpful if i had an idea of what was going on.
Anyone experience similar things?
Everything has pretty remained the same, i already have been experiencing body wide twitching. but that is from how active i am and is nothing new.
I look forward to interacting with you all :)
Hello, do you live anywhere close to power stations ? Towers ? As per previous posts, those towers could cause the kind of tremors you are experiencing.
I have read a post for EMF that says collect old pennies before 1983 and put them on your window sill that faces the direction of the towers.. These copper coins will absorb / deflect  EMF .. See if it helps.
Take care.
I does seem like a mystery doesn't it. Yesterday, I was having a similar issue with a headache , feeling a bit dizzy, and some sinus pressure. I have a really sore area on the right side of my neck, so I was thinking that my neck muscles were really tight. Maybe you did something when you were weight lifting. I have a pinched nerve at L5 which causes some numbness in my leg. I wonder if this tremor comes from the spine, or could it be brain related? My ortho I saw didn't think it was my neck, because I told him that I also feel the tremors in my lips sometimes, so he stated that that wouldn't be from the neck. I have been dealing with this issue for 17 months now, and an really frustrated to not figure out what it is. I have had a brain MRI, a neck MRI, eeg's , a lot of blood work. Everything checks out fine except for the pinch in my lower back. I have learned to try and ignore it, however it does make trying to go to sleep hard, and sometimes it wakes me up. Hang in there.
Yeah its weird... I really think weightlifting had something to do with it.
My tremors dont really travel anywhere else in my body, they just stay in the back.
And as I type this it hurts my back to keep it up straight, walking can be a challenge too. I have pain alll over my back.
Can I hear your story? What did you experience?
I have all these same symptoms.  I had a car wreck in the early 90s.  Affected my neck.  I have three torn discs.  Scar tissue might be pressing on spinal cord now, after all these years.  Thanks for writing this.  I'm looking for answers, too.  
I have many of  the symptoms you all have.  I have had fibromyalgia for the last 40 years, since I was 17 or so.....  I also have PTSD from a very difficult childhood.  I do have disk issues on my neck and spine.  My symptoms have gotten worse, lately, though....  I just had an allergic reaction to antibiotics and I am hoping that I will improve soon as I am taking natural allergy meds and probiotics.  I feel weak in the knees as well and somewhat dizzy still, although my ear infection seems to have improved...  I feel better knowing I am not alone....
My internal "shakes" would eventually move to the outward body. At first I feared Diabetes,  like many in my family both sides. Turns out I have the opposite of that. I don't remember which one...Hypoglycemic. Doc diagnosis. That was many yrs ago. Food never stopped it, no matter when I ate.
I take a Klonopin & poof its gone! When mine happens I get confused & agitated.
As for the toxic metal, everyone needs to rid themselves of it. Use GREEN CLAY. It will help many things people, pets etc. Used internally & on skin.
H. Simplex my dad was under attack nearly all his life. He wasn't the type to tell things...but when that painful HS attacked,  we knew it. He died before I could introduce him to Green Clay.
I used it on my parakeet he was dying & I made a small mixture n put inside his beak. That bird didn't fight me either. An hour later he was flying all over my apartment - this is a true story!
Do u take anything like the Med klonopin?
I have that happen often but like I said I take small dose Klonopin & no more vibrations for a while.
I wish a solution for u. I couldn't handle it too long I would run screaming lol. Not really funny.
We both found the same solution! It's the only Med ever to stop it.
I too suffered from these vibrations, nightly, over about a 6 month period.  Numerous visits to ER, Cardiologist, general prac., Gastro, therapist, etc..... and every test in the book done - all with normal results.  I'm certain they all thought I was making it up!  During this time I was also suffering from severe anxiety (didn't know it at the time).  The vibrations were causing the anxiety, among other issues, and the anxiety was causing the vibrations... a vicious circle.  I found the book by Claire Weekes called Hope and Help for your Nerves and it was a life changer... literally!  I highly recommend it.  The mind and body are a powerful thing.  Our body reacts to every tiny little thought in a variety of ways... this book helped me put it all into perspective!
All above very interesting,spent 18 months taking pregabalin and codeine for pain due to spinal stenosis,had a very successful surgery but when I stopped the meds began having a terrible shaky feeling inside although my hand is steady as a rock.First of all though I was withdrawing but it has now been over a year since I stopped my meds and nothing has changed.Might not seem like much but this shaking makes it impossible for me to relax,great difficulty in sleeping and just makes life uncomfortable.My doctor thinks it's anxiety although I don't feel anxious in my head so to speak but did agree to take some meds,lasted for 8 weeks but no improvement in fact caused akathesia which is similar to how I feel anyway.Am going to try propranalol,aparently some surgeons take it to keep their hands steady during long surgeries so will give it a try.Doubt if it's anything to do with lack of vitamis etc,most of us who eat a normal diet get all that we need but I know what it's like to look for reasons but sometimes they can't be found so maybe trying to treat the symptoms is for the best.
I am a retired RN and am so glad to have found this site.  Nice to know I am not alone.  I have had these internal vibrations for 10+ yrs. Mostly at night or maybe just never noticed during the day as I am fairly active.  Sometimes I will go for weeks without any and they they will start again. Never found any cause.  Lived in CT when they first started and had been tested for Lyme several times.  (Western blot and Elisa tests) All neg.  Now living in AZ  so I wonder if I should try the new lyme test PCR.  MD had thought that maybe I am prediabetic but again all the bloodwork is normal.  I am seeing her this week to discuss some questionable sleep apnea so we will have a lot more to talk about as the vibrations are getting worse.
So, I am late to add my thread. I have been reading all your threads since about May.
My original symptoms started like sinus infection symptoms. I had pressure in the face, worse when I bent over, pressure across the bridge of my nose, congestion. Then some dizziness started. I am an RN and have 15 years of experience, have worked in MS and ICU so I am comfortable diagnosing a simple sinus infection. I tried the usual OTC meds and started sinus rinses without success so on 4/30 I saw my PCP for an antibiotic Rx. finished the meds, but it didn't get better and the dizziness got worse and I had started having episodes of this internal shakiness feeling that I had a hard time describing but it felt like it was coming from my chest and someone was just in there shaking me. However, if I held out my hands were steady as they could be and even if my husband touched me, he couldn't feel any shakiness. Also my brain felt like it was sloshing around in my head. my PCP sent me for hearing and balance tests that were normal, sent me to an ENT, and got a CT scan of my head that showed a left maxillary retention cyst. The ENT was sure that the cyst wasn't causing the dizziness but did agree to remove the cyst. The surgery was done, but the internal shakiness suddenly was constant now, not intermittent like it had been.

At this point, we started seeing all kinds of MDs and doing tests to try to figure out what was going on. I have seen an ED MD on a day the symptoms got worse. He didn't have any real good ideas and told me to follow up with a neurologist. I couldn't get into a neurologist for 2 months. I did see my spine MD who does injections for my 2 bulging discs in my lumbar spine. My cervical spine MRI showed that I have lost the cervical curvature. The spine MD stated this is sometimes a normal finding and he felt that this is not the cause of my dizziness or shakiness.

My first appointment with the first neurologist was disappointing at best. She told me that my other doctors had already done all the tests that she would have done and sometimes we never really know what causes these things but she could refer me to a psychiatrist who could help me  learn to deal with it. Do you believe that? nevertheless, we decided she was an idiot and saw a second one. The 2nd neurologist simply said it was a chronic migraine and that I wasn't on the correct dose of Amitriptyline and she increased my dose to 75mg and said she would follow up with me in 3 months. Wow - she didn't even care if I would still have any issues within that time frame.

Next one of my nurse friends remembered a neighbor that had similar symptoms. she called her and got her diagnosis of Mal de Debarquement Syndrome. My symptoms are almost exactly like this although I do have come classic visual migraine symptoms thrown in there with the shakiness.
So, my PCP has me on Amitriptyline, Topiramate, and clonazepam.

Next, they send me to a Neuro-Otologist who specializes in this type of dizziness issue. He decides to do one more test that has come up with 2 of his patients. A Transthoracic Echocardiogram with bubble study. it is essentially an ultrasound of your heart where you have an IV in place and they inject a syringe full of air bubbles and watch to see if they cross in the heart. Unfortunately, in mine, tjhey did. This indicates that I have a hole in my heart called a PFO or patent foramen ovale. This can cause migraines, put patients at risk for stroke, etc. unfortunately, on my health insurance plan, these are only fixed if approved by a committee because Medicare heavily regulates them. So, while this may be partially the cause of some of the dizziness and shakiness, they won't be fixing mine. The cardiologist thinks I have had this for all my life so it is unlikely that it is the cause, but it still makes me nervous.

All other tests have been negative. I am not in menopause, I am not diabetic, I do not have thyroid problems, my cholesterol is 240 so it is elevated, but that and the PFO are seriously the only tests that have come back even remotely positive.

My cardiologist did indicate that he himself has suffered for the last 3-4 years with similar symptoms and has seen a specialized Physical Therapist that has helped him tremendously. He stated that back in April, I suffered some event or serious of events that disorganized my brain and balance. He stated this could be caused by stress, illness, etc. I did have an issue with my boss and my HR person going through and undermining my team while they did an investigation of me for a "leadership development" during which I was worried about losing my job and have been ever since. Of course, we can't pinpoint this exactly, but it may be the cause.

Anyway, we are still in pursuit of what is causing the dizziness/shakiness. They are still constant. I am on the same medications. Still hoping and praying that we will find an answer. In the meantime, I have lost my job and will likely be going out on disability. I live everyday hoping to wake up and have the symptoms be gone.

So to those of you searching for an answer - try these:
Mal de Debarquement - there is a great website online
Chronic migraine - this is a general category that neurologists lump a lot into.
viral labryinthitis
perilymph fistula - this is inner ear
PFO - patent foramen ovale

Good luck! Keep posting so we can all keep looking for answers together
Ginbme!
Epstein Barr, Cytomegolovirus, Parovirus B19, HHV6, HHV7 reactivation?  Doctor's don't seem to know anything about these possible causes..  All my IgG titers high.

I have the painless buzzing in my legs after suffering from a "health event", that no-one could figure out (most didn't care to try)..

Genetic studies show H63D/H63D homozygote, but iron studies ruled out liver iron overload.  High thyroid antibodies, secondary hypogonadism?..  TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) caused many of the symptoms to go away.

Continuous high antiDnase B strep antibodies even after 5 months of alternating Doxycycline and Amoxycillin (and Valtrex)

I believe all these symptoms were due to a reactivation of a herpes virus possibly after a strep infection and coxsackie virus at same time, causing a superantigen.
Brilliant article! Thank you for sharing. Also in healthcare and have recently experienced what I described as "internal vibrating/shaking". Saw a Neurologist who did full blood workup to rule out auto immune diseases (MS); had an MRI to rule out same and any mass in brain that could cause same; but when all comes back "normal", Essential Tremor (ET) was the diagnosis to stick. It is often hereditary. Can be brought on by stress or lack of sleep or that cup of decaf at the end of the day. Often ET symptoms (shaking) will diminish or lessen with the use of alcohol - which most other tremors do not.
Please note: I'm not suggesting or advocating to begin an alcohol regiment to lessen ET. The following link is a description of symptoms of ET:  http://essentialtremor.org/siteresources/data/files/free%20et%20publications/etvspd092012.pdf
I had the same thing happen when I started taking B12 sublingually. When I quit taking the B12, it subsided. However, I still have the systemic trembling, especially in the morning.
my sister had an over growth of aspergillius fungus (i think Im spelling this right) and went on the candida diet it made her extremely sick for a few wks or a month an then it slowly reversed. Im not sure of all the symptoms she had I really hadnt asked I have had my own problems . I really hate the idea of changing a diet drastically. I CRAVE suger like crazy!!! carbs!!! bread!!! n I dont no if I can make this kind of a drastic dietary chnge. but thats what she did. she has an auto imune disease an is in remission. she lives on Vit D3 n magnesium with calcium religiously! lost 50 some pds on that diet. she ended up living on broth for 2 months though after having gallbladder removed. she also I believe had to go on the probiotics also....
thank you soooo much for your detailed comment!! I have ran about $6 grand or so on B/W the past 6 wks. one dr swears its lupus related bc now I have the malar rash on face more often an I stay broke out in rash on chest and arms more. but ALL test are NEG!!! I dont believe these test results!!! something is really wrong with the testing they use!!! and there getn rich off the ins money. I am goin to look into the lyme disease and research an see what all the symptoms are that I havnt looked into. I have written down all your info you commented on...thank you soo much!!! DI
thank you for this tid bit of info. I to have a heat pump in the bsement. How can I find out if its metal poisoning in the air? Im def looking into this as well!! thx Di
I have ALOT of symptoms seems like everything in my body is breaking down!! we have almost to the point of assuming its lupus and possibly even parkinsons bc of the inner shakes and just about all them symptoms you commented on. I have a weight problem Im gaining weight quicker then any other human alive I believe! EVERY BITE OF SUGAR AND CARB i INGEST GOES STRAIGHT TO STORAGE!!! I am goin to look into this. thank you for your comment. I will be looking for your response...thx gigi
very interesting...honestly my thoughts never even entered in this direction but by god it makes alot of sense! AND IF ITS THE CASE THEN THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT, RIGHT?? I would like to stay in contact with you I have wrote down notes from several on this thread I have been to tons of Drs an have ran amples of test and the Drs are besides themselves!! I have had fibro for over 20 yrs and now for the past poss 15 or so looking into a connective tissue disease an lupus. Ins have spent thousands of money on me. Im even looking into the vit an min deficencies. Im looking inot it all. thank you for your comment and I will be looking forward to more info...thx gigi
thank you for your comments. I am def looking into this as well. I am so glad I found this site I have had alot of input on here and will look for responses. thank you! gigi
huh...what is green clay??? never heard of this!! educate me please!! I just had to put my dane down mon he had developed lung cancer. was the worst day ever!! thx gigi
i do have sleep apnea an I sleep with a cpak I still get the inner shakes! and I do not have diabetes. all B/W also neg. I think the only thing I havnt been tested for is lyme and I am going to do the other testing not the usual testing. something is really wrong with the testing system this government is using!!! there is wayyyyy too many ppl with tons of symptoms for autoimmune and the majority of these tests all come back NEG??? no! somethinmg is very fishy!!! gigi
so do I...the systemic trembling in the wee early mornings and mornings to late mornings....gigi
Internal shaking is caused by Lyme Disease.  Test via Igenex.
Look up Kundalini energy or awakening. In different faiths its called different things but it is also recognised by psychologists.  check out Gopi Krishna.
I don't think it is your Thyroid.  Only because I had my Thyroid removed over 40 years ago. And I started having tremors & nerve problems on June 6, 2012.  Since then I only have them at night, every night.  I wake up several times with vibrations & internal tremors.  Sometimes even limb numbness & tingling.  I'm in a lot of pain most of the time.   Been to all the Doctors & Specialists.  Taken several different Meds, but no cure. I have to be very careful with the Meds prescribed, because I have Kidney Disease. I have Hashimoto's Thyroid Disease.  Stage 3 Kidney Failure, High Blood Pressure. My BP is under control, with Meds.   I'm about to give up.  Doctors can't give me any answers.  I just had my second EEG in 1 year.  Sleep Study,  MRI of my Brain, Cervical, Thoracic, & Lumbar Spine.  It's not Parkinson's, Fibromyalgia, Restless Leg Syndrome, well on & on.  But what is it?  I had every blood test you can think of.  No results.  Oh and I had steroidal injections in my neck & face w/physical therapy after.  I'm on Gabapentin for nerves, HB meds, Alprazolam just to cope.  I'm sick of all the side effects of the drugs.  I'm about to get rid of all of them.  I hope someone can help.  I have 6 grown children & 24 grandkids.  I want to be around many years to come.  I'm on 67.  And I'm a young 67.  Bless all of you who are suffering, please give me some hope...Thank You All
Kathy this is a very old thread.
Consider re-posting fresh in anew post with your questions and concerns and I'll try to help you with my suggestions.
I'm very busy right now, but I will get to it eventually.

Best wishes!
Niko
I have had internal shaking off an on for almost twenty years.  Your body most likely shakes during the day also you just can't feel it.  I have also had many other symptoms (panic, nausea, dizziness, confusion, external shaking, tremors, numbness).  I have been diagnosed with an overactive mesencephanlon (mid brain) and dysautonomia (malfunctioning autonomic nervous system).  Working with a Brain Center to try to help symptoms. I also take Magnesium and Multi Minerals.  Klonopin is the only relief I get.  Internal Shaking is called Achestesia.  It took me 19 years for a diagnosis so I am still working on feeling better.  Not sure if it will ever happen.  Good luck to all.
depending on where you live an financial situaitons and insuarnace of course, have you tried Duke university? there is also a great HUGE medical clinic in Cinncinnati, Oh I just came acrossed yesterday and I called them an talked to them. How about Houston, TX? I lived in Houston for 20 yrs and moved back north 10 yrs ago I have even thought about going down to my sons an staying an going to them dr's for answers. I have SLE, Myositis(poly) sjogrens, fibro CNS )also with the inside body vibrations and shakes/tremors) an Im waiting on a MRI this month going to my neurologists the fist wk of next month. Im like you I am working on getting a referral to a 4th rhumey. the last rhumey was referring me to Cleveland clinic I said lets go to Lexington first! so I am also doing the waiting game. my ex worked in the plant that made PVC for over 30 yrs I washed his clothes for 20 yrs of them. I had been in contact with them chemicals an that environment for 20 yrs I KNOW it has affected my body i have had the symptoms for over 25 yrs now an theyr getn worse. KEEP going till you get SOme answers!! ) if you have the means to....:)
I have the same symptoms and I take Klonopin for seizures. I have since been healed of the siezure problem but continue to take Klonopjn because of the tremors and internal shaking. It helps me sleep but I still have jerking from time to time which rack my body something fierce. But I find Klonopin helps the shakes more than anything else. Thanks for the information --I did not know the name of the shaking so that was an interesting piece of data. Thanks again and I hope you will be healed soon. I am believing for healing for myself as well.
I find it incredible that so many in the medical field  are clueless as to what this vibration is all about. With mine, there is no pain at all, just more distracting than anything. It started with a frequency hum in my head about two years ago, then recently began to radiate as a vibration throughout my body, and feels really intense on the soles of my feet when I walk. More intense though when I lay down, unnoticeable to hubby even when I asked him to have a listen to my rhythms. When mine started I was in the mountains and thought it had something to do with altitude I wasn't use to. But I've been in the Great Plains now for over a year and it seems to have expanded from my head all the way to my toes and fingertips. Not sure if they are two separate causes or not. I really do not believe the hum is tinnitus, my ears have always been great, and this seems to be my head instead of ears anyway. After the hum started and before the vibration came, I did have a case of Shingles that pinched a nerve in my right inner thigh area..... that was a year and a half ago, and though the scars are nearly gone, I still have aches in that area if I sleep on that side. After reading this thread I am leaning toward the cell tower connection, there is nowhere Verizon isn't!
adding to watch list
This has been such a helpful thread.  I have had the internal tremors on and off for a few months now, and most recently (about 6 weeks ago) I started having 2 tones in my head - a high pitched white noise, and a low thrumming.  It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing these things!  I've been having problems with anxiety symptoms/attacks for over a year now, but they do not always correlate with the vibrations (though the vibrations tend to bring them on).  I've been considering a Lyme test, though I've worked with a practitioner who says his protocol would have cleared Lyme, and a medical untuitive who says it's not Lyme or coinfections.  She says that I'm picking up frequencies.  Kinda correlates with the cell phone/EMF discussions.  Had basic bloodwork, thyroid tested fine, no diabetes...but hair analysis showed really low minerals (Ca, MG, Na, K, etc)  so I'm working with supps to try to get those levels up and see if it will help stabilize my nervous system.  Spit test also showed my cortisol all whacked, running high all night and tanking late day.  Though the thyroid test was negative, I've learned that the standard one might now be accurate and my Dr. said I should consider supplementing with iodine and selenium.  Thanks for all the sharing, it helps to know I'm not just going crazy!!  
I have Myasthenia Gravis and COPD.  I have also been having the internal shakes.  I've been easing my doctors in a couple of symptoms at a time because when you go in with multiple complaints they seem to just latch onto one and ignore the rest.  The tremors are my next reveal.  I have another appointment in a couple of weeks.  Cellcept is also used to treat Myasthenia Gravis which is also an auto immune disease.  It's not one I'm taking as yet.  
getting the book.. hope it helps
I have had the internal vibrations off and on for 8 years.  It started in menopause.  It was really bad then but went away.  I have had the vibrations sometimes while taking benbryl, eating popcorn at night, drinking wine, when my husband yells at me...... but for some reason I am now at the age of 59 are getting the internal head vibrations all the time.  I only have them at night when I am trying to sleep.  During the day I do not have them.  I have looked at all the comments and think that mine is anxiety.  I am looking at everything.. not drinking wine, not eating carbs, changing my pillow and mattress, taking walks, exercising... taking vitamins.... hope to hear from others... this is really effecting my life
I am male 50 years, Caucasian, normal weight 180, 6ft tall. I take no coffee, no alcohol, non smoking. I have been taking .4 ml testosterone injection every week for past 4.5 years for hypogonadism with no side effects other than expected results of boosted energy and stamina.  3 weeks ago I was very tired out from over activity from new job and started having congestion in nasal passages on the way to being sick with a head cold. After extremely satisfying sexual encounter with my wife I awoke few hours later with odd feeling left groin which I though was a strained muscle however was feeling whoosing sensation in that area for rest of the night. No pain just every 3 seconds or so whoosing sensation. That next day as usual since past 4years received testosterone injection, and with in a few hours felt all muscles get tight which is a side effect. That night laying flat in bed my preference, I was feeling  my veins in my legs pulsating as though every 3rd second and I could not get to sleep so I got up which stopped the pulsating feeling. After walking for an hour around the neiborhood Stretching my legs I returned to try to sleep. I managed to get couple hours until the pulsating sensation returned.
Sitting up in bed I managed to partially sleep. In the morning walking stopped the pulsating as before although I was much more tired after little real rest. Walking gave relief, sitting in my office writing computer programs my veins in my legs returned to the pulsating sensation with out pain and a new annoying trembling in lower abdomen started. I thought I was low on water and had several cups decaf hot tea throughout the day which seemed to help yet did not stop the trembling or legs issue. 3 days later I hadn't slept much and another new annoying issue compounded was legs pulsating had diminished yet weird sensation of blood or fluid pumping in my back down to my groin area along with low level trembling from mid chest to top of head even into eyes when laying flat in bed. Sitting up temporarily stops the trembling so I'm attempting to sleep with lots pillows behind my back and neck on a diagonal angle, not fun.  I visited my wellness doc www.usdoctor.com who gave me a Meyer vitamin IV along with 100 mg lithium in the IV that was about 11am, by the night I was relaxed and able to get 6 hours sleep. I visited a psych doc for rx of 300mg lithium 1 daily at night and 3x daily of buspar 5mg, To attempt to take down anxiety that is maybe result of exhaustion  and or overtired sex glands, and imbalanced other hormone glands.  Seems to have started working as I get 4 hours sleep even though trembling continues at lesser feeling them. My psych doc recommended I increase to taking 600 mg lithium at night to see if I can get 8 hours rest even if trembling still happening. I'm going to visit my primary care doc for full physical evaluation as soon as possible as I had a similar leg pulsating issues last October. Last October I was given Paxil 10 mg 2x a day to help raise seritonin which seemed to work and my pumping sensation went away. However now with the trembling this is getting worrisome. Hopefully some one can help figure out what causes this and what can be done to stop these symptoms.

Had a positive lyme test with the Elsa but the western blot came back negative. Still have symptoms of insides vibrating and dizziness etc. Could the western blot be wrong?
ANSWER – This is in response to all the questions regarding the trembling or vibrations running through your body. I have experienced this myself for a long time.
The thing trembling through your body is a very small living organism. It is equivalent to the vibrator in your cell phone. Like a tiny little motor that sends electrical waves or vibrations through your body. Only it’s not a mechanical motor it’s a small living organism. When it’s not sending vibrations through your body it sits dormant inside you.
This is not a disease or a malfunction of your body. It was designed to be inside you and do exactly what it’s doing. Sending vibrations through your body.  This is not a medical problem.
The next question would be. What is its purpose? Why send vibrations through your body.
To understand this, you will have to momentarily put aside what you we’re taught about how and why you are here on this earth. With all due respect to peoples beliefs and fears about life. Please for yourself, just for a moment forget about any religious or scientific ideals. If you are religious, remember for a moment that we are made of DNA and not clay. So throw all the biblical teachings aside, for a moment at least. If you are scientific, forget about evolution and the big bang, for a moment.

We are all just humans living on planet earth. Think of the popular computer game “Sim City. If you are not familiar with that, just imagine a large game board like monopoly. As a human, we are like the little characters that go around the game board. The earth is the game board or the sim city. We are the characters on the game board. The thing that made us is like the player of the game board. We are kind of like toys. The thing that made us is kind of like a child playing with the toys.
Understand that as a human there is no real purpose to life. We are just people experiencing it. As people our only two objectives on this planet are to survive and to replicate. As we survive we experience life and we replicate (we make more characters to do the same.)
The thing that made us (the maker of life) is basically just playing around, getting kicks out of screwing with us. It is entertaining itself. Amusing itself. Again we are the toys.
These things we feel inside of our bodies are not medical problems or body malfunctions. They are, believe it or not. Just tricks. The thing that made us is screwing with us. Here are a few other examples.
Headaches – The cells and tissues inside of us are not damaged or hurt. There is a small organism that floats around inside our bodies. It travels to the head and wedges itself between the skin around your head area. It stays there, in that same spot for minutes, hours, however long your head is hurting for. By wedging itself between your skin it creates a small pain inside your head. The only reason your head is hurting is because it’s sitting there wedged between your skin. This causes discomfort and is very annoying.  (Taking a shower will help move this thing around.)
Tremors – A small organism inside of us sending out vibrations through our body, making it feel like we are shaking inside. This causes discomfort and annoys us.
Itches in your ear, nose and eyes – Pay attention to these. You will actually be able to understand everything I’ve said. You will see that it is like a little being inside you making your ear itch or your nose itch or eyes itch. Don’t just pay attention today, make a point to pay attention to this every day. You will see for yourself.
Voices inside your head – This is not a mental malfunction of your body. It is another small living organism inside you that was put there to screw with you. Please do yourself a huge favor and do not believe any of these inner voice lies. It will berate you and tare you down. Lowering your self esteem.
Coughs – There may be a few coughs that are related to sickness. But one of the most dominant coughs produced in the human body is not illness related at all. It is there to screw with you and more over the people around you. Your cough many times is synchronized with other people’s thoughts.
This list could go on and on including bowl irregularities, eye twitches, nose pains etc.
The next question you may ask is. How can I make the vibrations go away? Well we can’t really change anything inside our bodies. So it is something we will have to live with. Know that these small organisms (tremor organism, inner voice organisms, headache –small floating organism, can hear you and understand what you’re thinking and saying. They probably won’t stop doing what they are doing. But the severity of the tremor, voices etc. may lessen. If you talk back to them. Let them know you are aware of them.
A few things that will also help is doing pushups or simply clenching your fists and shaking your body yourself for a few moments. This living organism that vibrates inside of us is alive. When you shake your body, it feels it. It is then discomforted and annoyed by your shaking. It feels to and doesn’t like to be shaken. This will lessen the severity of the shakes or stop them all together. Momentarily though. It’s not dyeing but it doesn’t like to be screwed with either. So it may stop for a few hours.
How do we really change these things? Well remember how they got there in the first place. The thing that made us, put them there. Your prayers will not work! Prescription pills will not work! Better for all of us to fight back. Even if this maker of life is pretending to “B” your friend. Don’t be the fool. Let this thing that made us know that we are no longer fooled and we will not accept it! However it is that you STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!  

*Note: As your fellow human, I ask that you please stop eating dead animals of any kind. And no these life tricks won’t stop. However the cruelty, hurt and pain put on our fellow inhabitants (the animals) will!

Did a neurologist diagnose ir what kind of doctor did? What state because I need to see him or her?
I've had these shakes for almost 2 yrs now. Can't sleep & when i do for only a couple hours i wake up with them full force. I am at my wits end. I'm tired everyday. Went to doctors. They say anxiety. I have anxiety from this!! I just went fora brain mri and dot scan for parkinsons. Sill waiting for results. I have neck and back problems but the docotors said that shouldn't be the reason for this. No one seems to know. Blood work ok except for vit d and calcium. It came on all of a sudden, just woke up one day & it started. I couldn't get to sleep after. Was up for months just looking at the clock holding my arms under my body to stop the shaking which didn't help. Deep depression. For months I would just lay in bed in a fetal positon feeling the nervous tension though my body. I'm trying so hard to live each day but it's always there. Anyone find any relief to this or any answeres?? I'm on meds for my muscles & take a quarter of an ativan every now and then. I was on more but stopped taking them since they don't work anyway..  
Did you ever find an answer?  I am experiencing what you described exactly.  It has been going on for 7 weeks.  My tests are all clear and normal, although vit D is low.  I meet with neurologist in 2 weeks.  My dad has Parkinson's so this is of course in the back of my mind.  Any insight you could share - if you even read this - would be appreciated.
I had this sensation of spinning and the doctor checked my ears for wax build up. After she soaked my ear in peroxide for 40 minutes she syringed the ear out with water. I couldn't believe the gunk that came out.
This simple treatment stopped my spinning sensation and the humming in my head.
It is worth getting this checked out.
I know the way you feel, I understand to well the way you feel,  the vibration get so bad I end up with a panic attack.  Allergy, stress,
or neck problem, no one seems to know, very sad for all of us!

I had this issue for 7 months and had the million dollar workup (brain scan, endless blood tests, hormone panels both blood and saliva types, and many other test.  Neurologists and GPs were borderline useless  -  and then I actually found a practitioner to help me with it.

Here is what I know about this issue:

-  for most people, this is trapped stress.  No matter whether you believe that or not (I sure didn't!), that is what I have found.  

-  for a seldom few people, this will develop into Parkinsons.  Personally, I'm scared that I could be one of them someday, but until then, I will continue doing what I know helps.

What helps:

1)   I am fortunate enough to have a Cranial Osteopathic Doctor as my regular 'family doctor'.    Monthly visits to align my cranial bones did absolutely help.    This is very different type of work than the Cranio-sacral therapy you see at massage therapy offices and other naturepathic offices.   A Cranial Osteopath is a REAL doctor, capable of prescribing medicine, and doing surgery.  A Cranial Osteopath goes to regular medical school like an MD, except they learn other things beyond that of MDs.  A Cranial Osteopath practices the "Sutherland" method of alignment technique, which is the proper method, medical method, and appropriate method.   Not to discount the Upledger method, but the Sutherland method is superior in my experience.   Unfortunately, there are not many Cranial Osteopaths in the US.  You will have trouble finding them.  Outside of the US, Osteopaths strictly work with the body and cranium, and do not practice as an MD (GP)....outside of the US people might have more abundant access to Sutherland trained cranial osteopaths, since they don't have to go through 11 years of school like they do in the US.

2)  Acupuncture.   I wanted a REAL chinese doctor, one who went to medical school in China and who has been practicing acupuncture for many years.  That is what I found, thankfully.  

It took a few months, and initially I had to go 3 times per week (expensive), but my doctor was so sincerely concerned and invested in my health I trusted that he was giving me the right timeframes and protocols.   And that instinct was right.

After 3 months of treatments, I improved about 80%.  The internal shaking was minimal, and my hand tremors/head tremors also improved.    I then had to go work in another city for awhile and I was unable to continue treatment, but I will probably go back again soon, as I noticed the problem has come back a little bit after not having any treatment for 4 months straight.   Honestly, if I have to have acupuncture as a maintenance forever... I don't care.  This doctor help me, when no other doctor really did.

In my very first acupuncture visit, a very thorough discussion about my problem and health  history was taken.   The Doctor turned to me and said "this condition is very easily understood in Chinese medicine, and it's understood how to treat it too".  

Google search:  Liver Wind.   The term itself is obviously metaphorical, which is how the Chinese termed their ailments 2000 years ago when they were creating the book of medicine.  But Google it anyway, and see all of the symptoms of Live Wind listed.... bingo.  You'll want to find an acupuncturist, and pronto.    But, I would have to say.... don't get acupuncture at the Chiropractors office, or at the massage parlor or any of that.  Find a REAL Chinese doctor, one who has been doing this for many years and has seen zillions of patients.   You'll be glad you did.

I am almost74 and went thru quite a lot of health problems. I wean myself out of Lyrica, oxycodin, hydrocodin, but I use Tramadol [up to 4 x 50 mg a day]. The inside tremor, sometimes with some jolting of the limbs [both arms and legs and sometimes at the same time], also experiencing heat wave [menopause was more than 20 yrs ago].
What helps:- lying on the floor.10 minutes is enough for me to get rid of the electricity accumulated in my body.
                     Walking around and shaking my limbs strongly.
                     Surround myself with heat, heat pad in bed, chairs, car seat, socks [even during my "tropical trips"]  
                     Take my medication at the same time every day[ 6 Pm 2 x 50mg tramadols + 1 aggrenox -stroke in 2012][10.00 Pm 1 x 50 mg tramadol, one 5mg melatonin and 1 sleeping pill]
and like many of you it is not anxiety which gives me the shake, but the shake makes me very anxious.
No family history to compare.
What is funny by the way, if I work outside [gardening, cleaning] which both are hard on my muscles...No pain, no shake..I have to come home sometimes
Wishing You all and me a better 2014.
I have just come across this site and it is the closest to what I have except my shaking is external. Sometimes not too bad, other times my feet leave the floor and I am jumping with it. No physical reason can be found to explain this.
I have had brain scans, full body scans and blood tests all negative. I feel very tired after doing simple house tasks and sometimes have to use a wheel chair when doing the supermarket shop or going out for the day. Any one of you good people herd of something similar?

In July I woke up with weak legs.  As though I had been on them all day, only I had just gotten out of bed.  Since that time I noticed that I can help the legs by daily walking.  However, around the same time I notice that I had these vibrations or tremors that would wake me up at night.  They do not hurt. At first in the chest and I thought Heart arrhythmia. My heart rate and blood pressure are normal at night.  Then the tremors moved around, sometimes my limbs, sometimes my trunk.  Anyway they interfere with my sleep cycle or vice versa.  I have had muscle spasms for years (I'm 60 and they started in my 20's) and that is probably why I have multiple neck problems.  I have had some procedures done on my neck at Laser Spine Institute in Tampa (I wouldn't let anyone else touch my neck) but I need more.  It's just that I'll have to come up with the $4000 or so dollars to meet the deductible.  After reading these posts on this page I now am feeling convinced that it's my neck.  We all seem to have that in common. The  sleep cycle being interrupted is a big problem for my muscles.  I had poor results from going to the medical community.  I tell them that I can not ingest calcium supplements or high calcium foods and that magnesium gives me spasms and they look at me like I'm crazy. I guess we need a sleep study and possibly some minimally invasive neck surgery at LSI. I have exhaustively researched the neurological disorders and I just don't fit there.  Would love feedback of any kind from this group.  
Yes, it is so frustrating. I was told I have some peripheral neuropathy going on. I'm not diabetic, so I'm not sure why I have that. My ortho-spine doc says its not my neck, but I am not convinced of that. I have had neck issues since a car accident in 1995. Most nights as I am starting to fall asleep, the vibrations come on stronger and it feels like my heart is beating faster, but it really isn't, and it wakes me back up. I can't seem to figure that one out. Could it be something in the brain? I have thought of having a sleep study done, or an EEG while awake and sleeping. I read somewhere that your brain activates as your body is going to sleep. I guess the search continues...
Thanks for responding to my post.  I used to perform EEG's and  you can get an EEG with other sleeping monitors. I think this would be good.  It would look at an EKG of the heart ( which we would all like ruled out). It will look at breathing patterns and is a less painful way of finding out if we have apnea or  tachypnea and may be  blowing off too much CO2  or building it up at night. ( I don't think that's what is happening to me.)  Flow patterns from the nares to look for an obstruction that occurs when relaxed.  There will also be a monitor to sense the muscles around the chest wall and hopefully some other electrodes to sense the muscles on the limbs and elsewhere.  It would be an important step to find out, "Is my sleep pattern causing my problems, or are my problems causing me to sleep more poorly. Either way it is not healthy for our muscles, they  do need those hours of continued sleep. I would like to have my neck looked at in Tampa at LSI and let them help meif needs be.  If something is hurting my spinal cord that high up in the spine it can't be helpful to let it go.
After the tremors in the deep tissues started ( they don't hurt, you can't see them and they are not in the same place every time and they don't happen every night.) I thought ,"What Now".  After reading this post I started to realize it may be newer problems in my neck.  Just curious, was it a side impact car accident?
Yes it was a side impact accident. I was driving and was hit on the drivers side by a person turning left and I was going straight.
For anyone that has blurred vision at times, shakiness throught the body - I  have had alllll tests done - and know people with similar symptoms. Don't waste your money on tests, blood, gastro, meds, MRI, CT or (CAT scans), I have spent over $10k testing. Nothing is "wrong" with me. What you need to do is not over do it with vitamins but eat healthier and drink about a gallon of water a day. There are a lot of fake products out there that can do more harm than good, get your nutrients and let food be your medicine. Fee your body what it needs and get out and take a walk for an hour a day - THEN, see how you feel!
This is timely. Years ago I had an improperly performed facet injection. Among other things, I began to feel a sensation of shaking and an itch about to start kind of thing at the core of my arms. No shaking at that time, but really unpleasant. Eventually resolved.

12 years ago I have bacterial meningitis and encephalitis. Things became more interesting. I began to have that sensation again, along with a queasy sensation in my abdomen. This was then followed by severe shakes in my arms...rapid, hard, painful. It is exhausting, especially as I have severe+++ Fibro and Sjogren's Disease. Eventually this progressed to my legs and now happens in my abdomen. The increased fatigue and queasiness, as well as the sensations of trembling and about to itch are more pronounce. I know then this is about to occur.

These episodes lasted anywhere from 30 min to a couple of hours. Exhausting, triggered flare-up of fibro, days to recover.

Sunday night this began again. The "aura" (can't think of a better word) was more pronounced and I had a sensation I, for some reason, associated with convulsions, which I have never had...don't know how to describe it. I began to have rapid, very strong shakes in arms, legs, abdomen. Has been arriving and leaving since Sunday night. I have not been able to sleep as it always occurs at rest, either sitting or lying down. Activity helps, but as I write this, the aura is building up in my arms and I had to stop for shaking.

I have the most sever FIbro any specialist has ever seen, Sjogren's Disease, probably autoimmune hypothyroidism (just finishing the "T" tests up to further define severity/people with Sjogren's 60% more likely to develop), probably Intersticial Cystitis, on gluten free diet so for first time in my life I have a normal gut...my sister has Celiac, so probably my issue. I have possible fatty liver and pain over my right kidney as yet unexplained. Naturally, all this shaking is just making all my pain so much worse.

I have two veterbrae in my neck, two in my upper back, two in my mid-back (which refer to my ribs) and a whole patch in my lower back extremely painful to a light touch upon examination. I've been begging for an MRI or CAT of my spine for two years. I feel that this is a result of both problems with my spine AND the autoimmune/fibro issues. I am so frustrated!

I have done some research and am discovering, as with every other major symptom, there is a lot of overlap between autoimmune, spinal injury, CNS, etc.  I am going to try to develop a chart of symptom overlap in the next few days and would be happy to post it, if possible, on this sight. Anyone have any other suggestions about my lovely symptoms, other than Job syndrome? :)
Wow.  Am I ever happy to have chanced upon this community.

While traveling in the West last year, I began experiencing internal tremors that would wake me up.  I was in Yellowstone at the time, and thought they were earth tremors. The night tremors continued throughout my trip down the Pacific Coast.  Again, I thought they were earth tremors.  Now however, I'm back home in the South and still experiencing the sensations.  I finalized it was me. I don't shake outwardly. Just a nice, steady, gentle sensation throughout my whole body.  Someone in the stream mentioned a feeling akin to lying on a washer during the spin cycle.  That's pretty accurate.

I was interested in the cell tower theory. It makes sense, but my tremors initially occurred in the middle of nowhere. Kinda kills the cell tower theory.  But it's still a viable one.  

I also have restless legs and a 50 year old neck and back injury, arthritis and some knee problems. Exercise works wonders for these problems.   But... this internal shaking....this is new. And, it appears the causes or reasons for it are varied or unknown.  I will continue to read the stream.
I'm a 44 year old woman. I have had internal vibrations also for 3 years started in my right leg now all over. I also have bad inner ear vibrations. Went for all sorts of testing nothing found. Went to an ENT and NEUROLOGIST I'm seeing an ENDOCRONOLOGIST too. I also had a MRI. Some days are worse than others. Its so hard sometimes to go to sleep with the tremors because it messes up the rhythm with ur heart. When sinuses are bad its def worse. Im going to look into my thyroid next.
please let me know if you find out any answers--I have been searching for 4 years now! Thank you.
I have had this happening for the last 6 years as well.  It is intermittent for me, for example I will have it daily for months and then it seems to subside.  Is this your experience as well? For me it is worse lying down but I also experience it while sitting.   Initially it would seem worse when I first went to bed but now it is through the night and pretty bad in the morning.   Notable my neck has been stiff and muscles tired.   Noticing when this flares up my hands and feet are nearly impossible to warm up.  Also random flare ups of restless leg, fatigue muscles,  I was hoping that someone along the way found resolution, but sadly no one has.
I have been suffering since the summer of 2006 with the internal tremors, shaking, joint and bone pain, and fatigue. It's been getting progressively worse and now is much more severe, with so many other symptoms such as others have described here. I have also been to doctors, specialists, etc without any luck. I am not disregarding my current doctor and I wait for new tests regarding Lyme, ms, etc but I have also undertaken a body load metal testing at the European nutrients laboratory as I truly believe the mercury amalgam in my teeth (recently incorrectly removed) and a crown made of palladium (being removed next week) are the root cause of my illnesses - here in Europe countries have started banning metals in dentistry due to the health risks. Please know that the issue can be not only metals such as mercury poisoning your system (there is plenty of good and bad information on the web about that) but also if you have a precious and also a non precious metal in your mouth at the same time such as I have with the palladium crown and amalgam (mercury), your mouth is basically fired up by an electrical current from the interaction between the metals that only adds to the damage being done - scientists have proven such a situation generates enough electricity to run a light bulb. I know believe that This electrical stress combined with the metal poisoning is a very likely cause of my health issues. I am also allergic to nickel and having this allergy with a palladium crown (often so-called porcelain set within a base of metal) sets me up for even more problems. Perhaps others on this forum are also metal sensitive and/or with conflicting metals in your mouths? Please do not ignore the amalgam issue either.
I will keep you posted on what happens when the results come through but so far the only people of much help to me have been two bio dentists who are very clued up and are battling to raise better awareness of these problems in a world where dentistry seems far too removed from the rest of medicine, and where the overall impact of what goes in our mouths on the nervous (and other) systems is still not completely understood or appreciated by the mainstream medical or dentist communities. Check out the science from Germany and Sweden - both countries that have now banned these dental practices. Will keep you posted if the crown and amalgam removal and metal tests, etc show clear results and if that ends in any improvement. Good luck to you all - I know well the hell that we live through each day this continues.
I have been in perfect health till March 1, 2014 when I almost passed out driving to the grocery store which was corrected by drinking a can of pepsi. On March 8, 2014 I had the same episode but to a mild degree, but on March 10, 2014 I was driving to work and the episode of passing out and shaking was so severe I had to pull over and call the paramedics who took me to an ED. after all tests, nothing was found and that began my journey to finding cure. I returned to the ED on the evening of Mar 10, and again on Mar 14 and no abnormal tests. I have had EEG, CT scan of head, Echocardiogram, Thallium stress test, thyroid scan and profile, 24 holter monitor and all the tests are normal. I have a cardiology appt scheduled. I am the only one that feel the shakes which is like vibration inside my chest followed by rapid heart rate which subsides when I drink water or anything cold. So far no medications have been ordered and the pysicians I have seen have no idea what it is and how to treat. I am praying because I believe in the power of prayer and God's healing power. I will update with more info as it becomes available.
I've started in the last 9 months having dizziness, that causes trembling feeling from head to feet with sometimes a warm feeling I black out for seconds, dropping anything in my hands, fall to the floor. A witness saw me shaking DOESN'T last long.  But, it's happening MORE often causing me to fall & break my ankle 12 pens & plate now. DR.'S say, Blood work it Great, Sugar GREAT, EKG GREAT, they DON'T seem to know what is CAUSING them. I walked up to 5 miles a day until it happened..walked up to 3 miles after disc problems L 4,5,6, C 1, 2, T 4,5,6 degenerate disc caused from a wreck in 2008...I'm SCARED, I'm using a Wheelchair because afraid of something MORE SERIOUS happening since March 2013..No one seems to understand what it is..I lived alone, had to crawl into by home to CALL 911 when BROKE ANKLE/cut my head when blacked out???
SouthernLady
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Hopefully our collective wisdom and insight will help to resolve this for you as well as provide some comfort.  I too have been experiencing the same shaking feelings around the spine early in the morning as I start to wake.  I have also seen the shakiness while lying down or sitting, not while active.  At times I would notice the shakiness in my legs. Overtime the extent of the shakiness progressed upwards from my legs into my body until it felt like my whole body was shaking (while lying down only). It feels like a car engine revving.  I also have intermittent numbness at night in my legs mostly on the right side.  This goes away after I rub my leg.  An MRI a year ago has indicated that I do not have MS. I was able to get rid of this shaking sensation for about a year.  During that time a failed dental implant was removed and I went on a gluten free diet.  The feelings gradually went away and I was symptom free for most of the year.  My trigger seems to be sensitivity to gluten. This is not surprising as celiac disease runs in my family.  (Celiac Disease for Dummies is an excellent resource). From this resource I learned that:  Apparently many celiacs do not get upset stomachs! There are over 200 different symptoms. Also, it takes on average 11 years to diagnose celiac disease in North America and 6 months in Europe!  Many celiac experience joint pain and skin problems as well.  Pain in my hip and fingers disappeared after going on a gluten free diet. However testing for celiac disease is not that reliable and a negative result may mean that a trying a gluten free diet might be the only route to exposing any problems. This was the case for me.  You would know within a couple of weeks if it works but gluten must be totally eliminated down to using pans and spatulas that have never touched gluten.  Cross contamination is a big issue. An excellent resource is: Celiac Disease for Dummies.  Well, now that I have been so healthy for an entire year, I decided to get a dental bridge put in.  Two weeks after getting a temporary bridge put in the shaking and intermittent numbness has returned.  In that time I have also discovered that I am now sensitive to dairy products so the journey continues.  I have just started my dairy free journey and the related shakiness, joint pain, and intermittent numbness in my extremities have disappeared within a day once again.  Hope this helps you on your journey.  Best wishes and please provide your insights as we share these experiences. Don’t forget us if you figure this out!  
hey Boogie141 I have that "heart mumur" in my upper chest aswell..it cuts out your breathing. quite concerning! for about 3 seconds. ..curious since your post if have you anymore information regarding this http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Autoimmune-Disorders-/Internal-tremor---shaking-inside-/show/433746#issue? thanks
My mother is 78 years old and has been totally healthy until she took penicillin and now she gets inner body vibrations ever since. Has anyone else gone through this and do you have any advice for her. Please I could use some answers.
I   have read a lot of your comments. I took 42 levaquin pills and my body went off like a bomb. I had neruapthy all over, pounding heart, vibrations inside me like a volkswagon on one cylinder.. anxiety is through the roof and I get stuck in flight or fight response. If you have taken cipro levaquin or avelox this can cause so many symptons and nothing shows up. I have had every test in the book and am so severe I pray for death.. I have never been so tortued in my life.. Any meds I used to take no longer work, not even a Xanax , nothing as though my entire body is altered..my heart pounds non stop yet my heart is fine.. all workup is fine.. I took a lot of cipro prior but nothing blew me apart like this.. it is accumulative.. look up floraquinolone toxicity on facebook.. so many of us are damaged..

***@****
I have this and what I can deduce after over a year of it (maybe two years) is that I think it is really just stress that is not released and tension. I don't think it's an illness at all. In fact, I think it's the body's way of letting us know we have a massive amount of stress and even emotions that we aren't dealing with and all of that creates this sort of reaction. I think there might be a fear component as well because mine started around the time I was dealing with health stuff that was terrifying to me. Instead of processing it I sort of hunkered down and kept it all inside me and did what I could to just not think about it while still feeling stressed and afraid and not able to deal with it at all. Over time it ended up getting worse and worse. It got to a point where it was nearly every day all day at a massive intensity and still I just hunkered down. Finally some things changed that allowed me to feel a lot of relief about the original health thing that started all this. As soon as I felt relief about that this tremor thing began to subside and even the painful aspect diminished to where I think it might be gone. Now I only get this every so often. I have days where I don't have it or it's so minor I can ignore it and I know there is a stress and emotional component. I can't really see any other pattern.

So my conclusion is that this is a body response to mix of physical and psychological stress that is not deal with but rather is repressed and probably repressed pretty extremely. This is the body's way of saying we have to take care of our emotional self and not cling to stress but find ways to release it. Things like stretching have helped me. I can feel a strange release of tension and sometimes it triggers crying. Crying also helps a lot but I have not been able to do that as easily as I used to which also is why I've concluded what I have about this. When I cried more normally at things that were upsetting to me I was healthy and did not have this. When I got sick and scared and hunkered down and stopped feeling my emotions and started repressing them that's when this happened. Not right away but I can look back and see how it built up because I didn't really feel this until maybe many months after I was in lockdown mode. And honestly, now that I think back, it reminds me of how I did have a few 'episodes' of a very similar sensation decades ago while I was going though PTSD. That was repression of emotions and trauma and there was fear, sadness... a lot of strong emotions I just repressed. Same thing only now it's long term sensation because I'm trying to relearn how to release all this stuff after a few years of holding it all it. It's like I've forgotten how to be vulnerable or just cry and let out what I feel in a healthy way. I hope this helps some.

Lack of sleep, caffeine, more stress, getting upset are also triggers to this sensation. Even certain foods. I think it's is because my body is just at it's limit and so sensitive from trying to handle all the stress and emotions that things that never bothered me before are too much now and overwhelm it. That's my best conclusion based on my own experience. As I come back to being the old me and coping with my emotions and doing what I can to release stress I feel better and better.

I have tingling in all limbs, but worse in feet and worse on left side.

I more or less gave up seeing doctors or therapists.
I had extensive testing, including cervical & lumbar MRIs and EMG/NCV.
Some abnormalities were found in the upper body, suggesting carpal tunnel syndrome and possible radiculopathy, but probably not capable of explaining any of the tingling symptoms.
Nothing abnormal at all was found in the lower half of the body. All test results were normal.
I have had the tingling for four years.
In the feet, there has always been a bias towards the big toes.
It has always been aggravated by wearing socks and shoes, which can trigger burning sensations.
After a couple of years, I started to notice some sensations in the calf muscles, which feel like a nerve twitching, but no fasciculation can ever be observed.
After taking up cycling, I would get an intense vibration in one foot that would last for up to three days.
Very recently, the tingling in my feet has at times become an intense thumping sensation which reminds me of temples thumping after running.
The general vibrations have also seemed to move up my left side, so that at times it seems as though there is a tremor extending all the way from my pelvis - or even higher - to my left foot.
I don't know what the cause is, but unless someone can find a physical cause, it seems that the only explanation is that my excitory NEUROTRANSMITTERS are overactive and the inhibitory ones, i.e. Dopamine and Serotonin, are depleted.
I have discovered during my researches that various other conditions I have, i.e. tinnitus, travel sickness, migraine-like vascular headaches, depression and insomnia, are all associated with low serotonin levels.

I cannot tolerate Gabapentin and I doubt whether, if I took it for a longer period, it would ever relieve the symptoms.
Sitting in certain positions seems to trigger more intense vibrations.
Sometimes, lying down seems to trigger it and turning onto my front to relieve it, which suggests pressure on the heel could be a trigger.
The tingling in the hands was originally triggered by rather harsh typing on a computer keyboard. This, together with the intensification of foot symptoms being triggered by cycling, seems significant and suggests nerve compression, except that the only possibly nerve compression I have is at C5-C6.

I have been wondering about possible irritation of the sciatic nerve by tightness in the piriformis muscle, but haven't seen an osteopath about that yet.

I hope you find all this interesting and would appreciate any ideas from other members.

hi Adalicia
was the problem actually Candida? i cant seem to find solutions here and can not live with these symptoms anymore....would appreciate a reply. thanks
These are my exact symptoms.  Since you posted almost a year ago I am wondering if you ever found out the cause or at least had the symptoms go away?  Like you i fear this will never go away.
I have this exact situation as well.  I have to sleep sitting up at about 45 degrees and cannot turn my head to the left or right or it will trigger the internal tremors.  Did your tremors ever go away?
Glad I am not alone.  I am currently 65.  As far back as  can remember, I felt as though my bed was vibrating at night.  It made it difficult to fall asleep. I was in my 40's before I felt the vibrations during the day. The vibrations have gradually begun to show outwardly in the past few years.

When I graduated from high school, my parents bought me a watch.  It would not run as long as I wore it.  We traded it for several others.  All brands stopped.  I was glad when the quartz watches came out.  They would run for me.  In fact, they run so well that I never have to change batteries.  

I told these things to my doctor.  She said the two were related, that I have more electrical impulses in my body than most people.  
My symptoms sound exactly like yours.  Did you eventually return to normal?  I would love to hear you did.
Viewing 201-333 comments: