Autoimmune Disorders Community
Is it possible? and how do i find out.?

Is it possible? and how do i find out.?

I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis between 8 and 10 years ago and i was left with a liver in 2% functioning liver. the symptoms disappeared ( or so i chose to believe) after the initial year of treatment. However now it is back and in a major way. i have been unable to eat foods without sever pain, brain fog is unbearable, fatigue etc. i have attended 2 emergency rooms here in Montreal, the first failed to forward my file and the second has promised an appointment with a herpetologist  but i have not been contacted yet. I have been looking everywhere to find things that i can do now to improve my mental state, ability to eat etc. i can't find any things credible that are not contradicted on other sites. My first question is can anyone help? I really do not know where to turn. Any help , leads, Canadian resources etc would help. The other issue that i would like to know about is when i was diagnosed i was never questioned about my fathers medical history and my father had M.S. the reason this has come up is that in addition to my  liver issues, several other symptoms unrelated to my liver have been pointed out to me and any research i do M.S comes up. what are the possibilities that my autoimmune hep is a symptom of a larger problem and what tests can i have done to find out? what is the connection between the 2 if any and why wasn't i checked for it?

This is my first attempt ever to reach out, i have never been so desperate for help and answers. I am terrified and am feeling like i have no where to go for help.
Hi!
On net it is very difficult to determine whether you have autoimmune hepatitis or not. For diagnosis you need to get liver function tests which will be grossly abnormal. Liver biopsy will show chronic hepatitis.  Presence of anti-liver kidney microsome type 1 antibody (anti LKM-1), anti-nuclear antibody (ANA), anti-smooth muscle antibody (SMA), and serum IgG confirms diagnosis.
Chronic hepatitis in itself can cause several neurological symptoms. The neurological symptoms of chronic hepatitis and MS may overlap. Hence, it is difficult to say whether you have MS or not, or only hepatitis, or both.  
Do discuss this with your treating doctor. Take care!