Joint Pain and Fatigue
Several years ago I started experiencing pain in my wrist and toe joint.  I figured this was just because of high heels and being on the computer all the time.  The pain persisted and even got worse.  It also switched to my other wrist.  I started experience extreme fatigue and irritability when I woke up in the mornings (I use to be in the best mood every morning and always felt so vibrant).  Recently I have also been facing mild depression.  My husband and I have also been trying to concive for over a year  with no luck.  I did have a miscarriage several months ago.  I tested positive with a low titer ANA and low titer SCL-70.  I went to a Scleroderma specialist at Johns Hopkins which did not feel like I had Scleroderma.  I did not have any skin hardening or Raynauds.  I thought that maybe I had a thyroid problem.  I tested negative for all of the thyroid test but did have an enlarged thyroid.  I wish I could just wake up feeling okay in the mornings.  Please help!
Whenever we find patients who have elements of multiple chronic diseases but no one specific diagnosis, we look for chronic infections that can cause multiple signs and symptoms, including autoimmune symptoms.  The tip-off in your cause is that you thought that you might have a thyroid problem.  Thyroiditis is a common problem for patients with certain chronic infections like Mycoplasma species or C. pneumoniae.  The other tip-off is the RA symptoms, which like the thyroid symptoms are often found in patients with chronic infections.