Low Platelet, Low WBC
h2x
In January I went in for a routine blood test and the doctor called and said my platelets and white blood cells were a little low but said it looked viral and wasn't concerned. My mother passed from cancer two years ago and I immediately went into a terrible phase of anxiety and stress on top of other major personal stresses I was dealing with. Over the following week I started having tingling in my left arm, shoulder and face. A couple weeks passed and another doctor sent me for an MRI to rule out MS. All was fine. Most symptoms cleared but still some tingling in left arm and then left leg. Into March I was resolved to say all was stress related but wanted to assure this. In early April a new doc ran extensive bloodwork and found that my platelet and white blood count was even lower, well below normal now. Onto a hematologist who feels this isn't leukemia but is running a bone marrow analysis to be sure. Other than the occassional left side tingling, all blood work and physical exam on me is totally fine. Lupus test passed as did liver enzymes. This all correlates to an extreme period of stress in my life but the declining numbers on the bloodwork are quite scary. While waiting for the marrow test I'm just wondering if this sounds like cancer or another autoimmune issue that I should be really concerned about or if I am overstressing, yet again, for something that may not be as serious?
Hi, Just wondering if you got a response and how you are doing. My husband also has low wbc and low platelets. His primary care doctor is taking a "wait and watch" approach.