Aa
A
A
Close
Lupus Anticoagulant
I have lupus anticoagulant syndrome,I am on coumadin,inrs are inconsistant,should i be on any other meds to prevent clotting? can I develop clots even though I am on coumadin?I have many symtoms and history of blood clots in the ivc,femoral vein and lungs,I have been having pains in my neck that feel like it's in the vein,do I need to be concerned?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
848718 tn?1257142401
They should be testing your blood regularly to make sure the dose of coumadin you're on is appropriate and still working properly (and not too well, either).

I think if you are having any concerns, you should totally check in with your doc asap.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
where i live i have no support so i monitor my own inrs/pt, thankyou for your response. Should I be on any other drugs and can I clot with my inrs being inconsistant?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
2138076 tn?1336026810
I to have had DVTs Clots in my lungs as well .. I am tested weekly do the fact that my inrs are never in the 2.5 to 3 range like they should be I will go from as low as a 1.1 to a 9.7 for no reason.  I am a creature of habbit as to what I eat and do not add new meds.

You know your body best, trust in your instinct. if need keep a gernal so you and your doctor can go over it.

This is your life and is better to ask questions now instead of when you can't

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank