Lupus?
I had a positive ANA in June of this year, and went back in for complete ANA panel.  All results were completely normaly minus the Anti-DNA (DS) AbQn which was 13. I am a Type 1 diabetic (for 30 years), have no complications and keep it well controlled.  I have never been diagnosed with arthritis.  I have a spot on my hand which hurts and can swell, but it's not joint related (or on a joint) and only bad after spending lots of time on laptop or iPhone.  

Does this mean I have Lupus?  I don't have any of the other symptoms out of the 11.  So, I have two for sure, MAYBE you can count arthritis as being the third, but I definitely have no other of the 11 conditions which you must have 4.

HELP.  I did have this blood work done 1 week after a balloon sinuplasty so I did have significant nasal swelling and also was starting to get a sinus infection. Could this be it?  I do have Hashimotos thyroiditis as well.  I realize I'm more predisposed to getting autoimmune disorders because of my Type 1 diabetes, but this is freaking me out.  I just got lab results today when I can't talk to my doctor's office.... But could Hashimotos, diabetes, or sinus infection cause the out of range Anti-DNA test???

Please help, I'm very anxious and worried.  I'm 36 years old and healthy with a precious 3 year old boy.
Hi, I am not a doctor so I can only tell you whatever I have learned about lupus. Your bloodwork also should have gave you a titer. This will be a number like 1:80, 1:160, 1:10. This number if it is anything 1:80 and under can mean that there is really no significant worries. If its higher then you need to ask your doctor some questions.

Also, the sinus infectation and all that defiantally could have been the reason behind your positive test results. This also can increase that number( I believe, still not a doctor).

Their also should have been a pattern to the blood work. Homogenous I know is one of these patterns and is seen in lupus patients, but this can be seen in other people as well. All this information is only one key to finding a dxs of lupus or any autoimmune disorder.

Your sxs, and history must be taken into account to. So, please don't get so worked up. Talk to your doctor ask them the questions and voice your concerns. I hope this was helpful. Praying for you.

Kimberly