Lyme disease and Mycoplasma (possible GWS)
My husband has chronic lyme disease and has been in treatment for 16 months with oral antibiotics and 6 of those with ceftriaxone IV.  His LLMD is puzzled why he is not progressing more.  He also had a second lyme test and the test had less bands, the dr felt that he should be feeling better at this point.  He has not tested positive for any coinfections though was treated for babesia based on symptoms.  He did test positive for mycolplasma.  And he was in the gulf war and never showed any symptoms.  Could Gulf war syndrome in your experience lay dormant in the body and then come out when the person contracts lyme disease?  Could this positive bloodwork mean he has GWS.  His Biggest and longest symptom has been knee pain and swelling.
Also he has been on many antibiotics.  I have read some of your journals and wonder if a combination of zithromax, cipro and biaxin would help?  And how long of a treatment course?  He took zithromax briefly for awhile but ins would only dispense a small amt at a time.  He has been on cipro.  Currently he is on ceftriaxone, biaxin, plaqunenil and pennecilin since february with very little improvement.  Any insight would be wonderful.  thank you
bump