MS attacks and breathing
Has anyone experienced breathing difficulty during an attack? Does anyone have the MS hug around the chest? I want to say thank you all for all you do. Your experience and knowledge of this disease makes me feel like I have a great big caring family. I am new so I will have all sorts of questions. Again I say thank you.
Jamie
MS  hugs with difficulty breathing is a common MS symptom.
The so-called MS hug is :
Spinal cord lesions causing intercostal muscle spasming, thus affecting the ribs and therefore  breathing  becomes more difficult.
Stress doesn't help as it might actually provoke this.
If this persists over long time maybe you should get it checked just in case it's something else.
Cheers!
Niko
Niko has good suggestions,another idea might be to try going to www,vitamindcouncil.org and reading the info about MS and vitamin D3 deficiency.  Start on some D3 right away, get it cheap over the counter at Costco, walmart ect. Have the Doc run a D3 test in your next blood work. Optimal levels should be between 50 and 70 mg, Not the current 20 that is considered"normal"
I take 10,000 IU a day and my level is only at 57. It took months to get to this level. I started at 5,000 and increased. I have it checked 2 times a year. Luckily my doc is on board with this.

Most MS is in Scotland, a country that is cloudy most of the time. Less MS in the countries near the Equator. We just need the sun and unless we want skin cancer the only way to get enough is to supplement.

Good luck,
Keep us posted
Elbamom