Autoimmune Disorders Community
Migratory pain

Migratory pain

Hispanic 42 year old female. No comorbidites other than I am obese. I have migrating pain. I get flare ups 3-4 times a year and stay for weeks. In between the flare ups the pain is moderate and moves around. I have been checked for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis...negative. Checked for leukemia and other blood cancer disorders..none.  Recently was diagnosed with a tumor in my lung. Had lobe removed and it was called a myofibroblastic tumor...inflimmation psuedotumor is another name.  Could the two be related? Pet Scan only lit up in the lung...but the pain travels mainly to my extremities and sometimes to the ribs and flank.  I do not like living this way. Any help or suggestions or type of specialist I should see, please tell me!
Sorry about the pain, is it in the rib bones and thigh bones?  Have you had a vitamin D3 level checked recently?  I would start some vitamin D. It is cheap, over the counter and really makes a difference. Costo has a 5,000 pill for example. Walmart also has D. Due to my weight and health issues I take 10,000 a day and my level is 57 mgl. The doc. wants me to be between 50 and 70mgl.
My doc has me do a blood test 2x a year to make sure I am on track.  The doc also recommended 10-15 min. in the sun. Without sunscreen 3 times a week so my skin made some D. This only works during the 6 months the sun is right in the sky, so give it a try before mid-fall. Don't burn, the idea is to add to the supplements you take. Expose your face, arms and legs and let your skin do the rest. Don't shower for a least an hour after.

For more info on vitamin d and all the many, many areas it effects go to the vitamindcoundil.org They have lots of good info and it is surprising what having enough D does in a positive way. It does take a while to build up in the body. If you are deficient the body uses it right away.

My daughter had hip pain that went undiagnosed for 2 years before we found out she was deficient in D. Once she had enough D and stayed on track the pain was gone and has never come back.

Have you seen an immunologist? For a referral in your area call the IDF the immune deficiency foundation. Their number is found at primaryimmune.org  There are a free group and are really helpful with immune disorders.

Good luck,
elbamom