Autoimmune Disorders Community
Military Exposure to Chemical Weapons (Not Vietnam)

I am a 44 yo female military vet with exposure to sarin, mustard gas, depleted uranium, anthrax and nerve agent antidotes 22 years ago. I have small red circular rash that progresses to white scaly skin mostly on torso and lower, sometimes on breast -had cystocele and rectocele repair 97 and 99 due to "pelvic relaxation" have been diagnosed with degenerative discs in my back, bursitis in my hip. I have muscle spasms in back, neck and strange places like throat, stomach. Sometimes my grip fails. I don't consume alcohol, smoke or caffeine to excess. I eat pretty healthy and my heart is good. Previous Drs have treated each symptom separately. Any advice besides go to the VA? (I am participating in their research study)
Have you been around cats much?  Sounds similar to log term toxoplasma infection.
No
Cats are not the only way to get it though.  Biggest reason I thought toxo is because it really goes for cartilage.  Needs compounds found in there in order to reproduce.  They need it so much so that when I was in my early 30s, a chiropractor told me my lower disk looked like someone who was in their late 70s.  It also infects the central nervous system.  But I'm not a Dr.  I just guess, same as they do.  In my opinion, the VA has the world's worst Drs.  Bunch of Hindi quacks who couldn't make it in private practice.  If you search Private md, you'll find a lab that does testing without a scrip, toxo testing is inexpensive.  
What are you trying in addition to "western Medicine"?

Do you do any supplements? Would a Chinese medicine  doc be able to "de-toxify" some of the exposed toxins.  Do you or have you tried regular acupuncture, or allergy elimination acupuncture? This is also called "NAET". How about chiropractic?  The "Graston" technique done by a chiro helps with muscle spasms and scar tissue. Do you get massage? Sometimes these all are worth a try.

I wouldn't use these to replace western medicine but to enhance what the docs are giving you, or having you try.
What if anything does your insurance cover? Most insurances cover the chiro or massage but not the rest. I've had to just pay for these and figure they are worth it.

Elbamom
Yes to trying all of the above and then some. My insurance covered acupuncture as well. No joy. The only relief besides temporary from oral pain meds is getting bi-annual epidurals. I've tried all types of drugs, then tried de fox and no drugs at all.
I am so sorry that so far nothing has worked for you. I hope others on this site can think of something else that might help. With your supplements do you take D3? It is important for the immune system and many other areas in the body. Lots more info at www.vitamindcouncil.org
They recommend that you take 5,000 IU a day to get your blood levels between 50-70 ml.
I would think you could get a D3 test added on to your blood work and see what it is. It won't fix the many issues you have but maybe it will help your body  deal with them. It takes time to build up in your system. D3 is cheap, and over the counter at Costco, Walmart, Walgreens etc.

I wish there was some way to get the toxins out of your body, that would help a lot. When you did the acupuncture was it "regular" acupuncture or the NAET? NAET usually helps the body, and could help your liver which probably is going crazy trying to get rid of all the toxins. If you google NAET there is lots of info with that available too. I have tried it and it really helped me, but everyone is just so different.
That is why personalized medicine is so important!

Hang in there,

Elbamom