Misdiagnosis?
For the past 9 months I've been having recurrent, severe left sided abdominal pain just above my left ovary. At first they thought it was endometriosis but I had a laproscopy which showed that it wasn't active. Then I was checked for kidney stones (I've had them before). Nada. Then they thought it was my Chohn's Disease (diagnosed at 23) but 2 weeks ago I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and now they think I was misdiagnosed. I'm tired all the time, my body aches, my head hurts, my feet are always falling asleep, I get terrible leg cramps, my back hurts, my face hurts, I can barely read most of the time and I'm trying to write a thesis so that's a problem and I keep having this terrible pain in my stomach. I have diarrhea on and off, no constipation. The pain wakes me up in the middle of the night and I have to spend hours sitting in my bathtub. Yesterday after hours of writhing on my bedroom floor my boyfriend came home and dragged me off to the E.R. where the doctor was awful and acted like I was either crazy or looking for drugs. My own doctor is starting to think I'm nuts and she's wonderful. I'm starting to think I'm nuts. My blood tests, x-rays and sonograms are all perfectly fine. I'm 30 years old, I'm not overweight, I'm active and I felt mentally fine before all this started but now I'm increasingly depressed and hopeless. I have an appointment with my regular doc on Monday and I don't even know where to go from here if all my tests are normal. Is there anything I should look for? I have a hard time believing that I'm just imagining all this but could I be? I just want it to stop or have them find an answer so I can get back to feeling normal.
Maybe expoloratory surgery is the next step, but that is major operation.