Mouth ulcers for 8 months and skin rash
s3t
In Dec 2007, I had pneumonia. Most likely caused by Mycoplasma (according to pediatrician when both my kids came down with brochitis around the same time). After finally getting my third antibiotic- Zithromax, the pneumonia cleared up. I initially started having a few ulcers in December; which is not uncommon for me, I have always gotten a few here and there growing up. The next few months I had horrible ulcerations (as many as 11 at one time) in my mouth, throat, tongue, and down my throat. The only brief relief was with steroid treatment. At times my gums would swell and bleed. Taste buds on my tongue would be inflammed. Occass. run fevers 102+. I even had a rash around my anus for a short time. After visits to ENT (4times), dentist, oral surgeon, and Internal Med, they all said I just have apthous ulcers and to reduce my stress.
I have been tested (-) for Herpes, Sphilis, Coxsackie Virus, Lupus, RA. and many others.

After repeated visits to the MD and trip to the Infectious MD, they are talking about the possibility of me having Behcet's Disease. I really did not think that I had this. However, in the past 6wks, every time i get out in my garden and pick veggies, I develop a horribe itchy pustular rash on any area that was exposed. I have never had any type of reaction like this. After reading on the Behcet's website I realized this rash may be linked. Do I really have Behcet's? I have been waiting 3 months for my appt to the Rheumatologist. I have alot of questions that I hope someone can asst me with. I feel like I am about to go crazy. I constantly check for new mouth ulcers. Why did I get this after the pneumonia? Did the pneumonia cause this? Will it go away? What is the long term prognosis? Can anyone give my some insight?
s3t
Update:  I went to Dermatologist who biopsied both pustular rash and mouth ulcer. Rash came back as hives/allergic reaction. Mouth ulcer came back as apthous ulcer with vasculitis present. I also have developed vaginal irritation with neg cultures. Dermatologist strongly suspects Behcet's and has started me on Dapsone for treatment. Does anyone have any thoughts/comments/suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any input. I am sooo miserable. My mouth is literally coated with ulcerations. It is so many that I am unable to even count them......