Autoimmune Disorders Community
My new Family Physician thinks my medical is all in my head

Help!! I lost my insurance and Family physician of 14 years. I have narcolepsy and cataplexy. I have many health issues resulting from this. I got a new family physician. My first bloodwork my sedimentation rate was 68. They tested for RA, MS & Lupus...negative. I started having blood pressure issues. I have never had HBP but it jumps to 233/134 the highest and then comes back down. Started about two months ago. Plus I had a sinus infection and had bloodwork done again & my SED rate had dropped to 8. How can I have infection and inflammation present yet my SED rate drop to an all time low and my blood pressure shoot up high? My family physician scheduled me with a psychiatrist. The new physician. He thinks Im crazy. Some days I wake up and feel great and some days I cant move and Im in a "fog". I cant keep living this way. Any suggestions?
Nothing worse than losing your own lovely doc. Mine was wonderful, only young, and just died one day! I know this is mad but I really felt as if I'd lost a very important friend. I was sad, scared, depressed , grieving and missed him so much. I haveME (CFS) psoriasis and multiple allergies. It took phone calls galore to find a new doc. I was promised by the receptionist that he was absolutely up on it and would be very sympathetic. Not so. After many discussions he did give  my usual meds but took nothing I said seriously. He retired and I registered with the doc who was so brilliant with my Mum. She's fine when she's not typing  but you have to get through the armed guard of receptionists. Believe me, I know how you feel.
If I were you, I would first ask if they have all my notes from the other doc. I'm in the UK but my latest doc is still waiting for all my notes to be sent be the Health Authority!
I decided to make my own history and at least she has that on the rotten computer. I'm sorry but in the UK we're not even told our blood group  so can't help on the tests.
This is no joke though and you must make sure the current doc has all your previous med history. Phone everywhere and complain to all relevant people until he is conversant with what has gone before. Maybe you can contact a hospital or clinic you've attended? Something's better than nothing. All IO can Tell you from here is to change your doc after asking around for someone efficient and kind. It's even worth, if you can possibly get the money together, to have one appt. with whichever specialist was looking after you and ask him/her all your questions and he'll have to write to your doc with his/her recommendations. You are ill and you have to get it sorted. Good luck and good health.
It seems like if your labs don't show anything, then you must not have anything.  

Have they checked you for the fibromyalgia pressure points?  Many times, fibromyalgia is a result of low thyroid.  Have they checked all your thyroid panel?  

I think I know what narcolepsey is, but I have no idea what cataplexy is.