My son had Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
My 17-year-old son just recently got over a bout of Stevens-Johnson syndrome.  It didn't involve his skin, only his eyes, very severely, and his mouth, with horrible sores inside his mouth and his tongue.  He also had them inside his penis, and it hurt to urinate.  He wasn't hospitalized, although he lost 12 pounds, and he seemed to be on the mend.  However, now he has aching all over, in his muscles, and even in his finger joints.  He also has a few white spots on his hands.  Do you suppose this could still be the SJS "running through his system," or could he have developed another type of autoimmune disorder?  I'm concerned and am not sure what to do next.  Thank you so much.
Hi!
Unexplained aches and pains with white spots on hands are unlikely to be due to Stevens-Johnson-Syndrome per se, but can be due to extreme weakness after the attack. Good nutrition and diet care may help. However, unexplained aches and pains with white spots coming on and off could be due to fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Crohn’s disease, H pylori infection, anemia, liver disorders, diabetes, hypothyroidism, Vit B12 or Vit D deficiency and due to calcium or magnesium deficiency. It can also be due to sleep related disorders. In men it can be due to low testosterone. Do discuss this with your son's doctor and get him examined. Take care!
Thank you so much for your reply.  He is doing better now, and the white spots are now gone.  He still has fatigue and aches and pains occasionally, but I think these are on the mend as well.  I will keep a watchful eye on these things and bring it up to his doctor if they persist or worsen.  Again, thank you for your reply.