Autoimmune Disorders Community
Myalgias

Myalgias

I began having diffuse myalgias last year.  Being that I have had two bouts with Hodgkin's lymphoma, I went to the doctor.  The Hodgkin's was back in my mediastinum although in stage I.  The assumption was that the cancer was producing cytokines causing my myalgia.  The myalgia went away when I started chemotherapy.  About a month after finishing chemo and verifying that the cancer was gone, the myalgias returned.  My doctor's were stumped.  They sent me to a rheumatologist who comfired that my ANA & RF were negative but my CRP & ESR are quite high.  He is also stumped.  I was put on a prednisone taper for another issue and the myalgias went away until I was off of the prednisione for about a month.  I'm now on neurontin which reduces the pain but after several hours the myalgia returns.  PET scans confirm that I have no tumors. Can anyone help me figure out what I have and how to treat it without long term steroid or NSAID use?
what are the test for myalgias? im larry my email is ***@****
Sorry to hear all that you are going through.  

I have a few questions.  When you say myalgias, do you mean muscle or joint pain?  And are there any other symptoms that accompany this?
As an ex military myself, you should really check out TRICHLOROETHYLENE ON THE WIKIPEDIA SITE.
while I was in back in the 80'S we uesd this solvent to keep our weapons clean, I have also had a bout with Hodgkin and still have severe U/E nerve pain. Rick.  ***@****
The physiological effects of TRICHLOROETHYLENE mimic most symptoms of  myalgias and causes Hodgkins if your like me I was never cautioned about the effects of this solvent or provided with any protective equipment while using this product thus I can only imagine how many thousands on current and prior military have chronic pain or cancers from using this product