Autoimmune Disorders Community
Need help finding out what is wrong with me..

I am a 43 year old woman who about five years ago had a bad pain in my left arm and then started having health problems.  After that day I began having problems walking. ( I use to exercise regularly)  My muscles began hurting so bad i had to use walls to help me walk and i would walk so slow people would pass me up.  My muscles felt as if I had exercised muscles I never used for hours on end.  First i was told I had MS, then after a few tests I was told I have fibromyalgia.  I am on Robaxin and Gabapintin for this and it has helped. I have  had migraine headaches for 20 years and I have been able to controll them myself BUT something happend last November that sent them out of control.  My dr says I have headaches that occur on either my left side or my right side and the left side migrines are the worst.  I now have one maybe two days a week without a migraine.  They are so bad when possible I live in my room with no lights or sound.  I will take my medicine, which does not relieve the headache, and try to go back to sleep and sleep for days. We have tried many different kids of migaine meds but none will stop the headaches I get on my left side.  I am on topirimate and toradol to help me sleep.  In December of this year I went to the ER and was hospitalizied for a week and was told I had a "mini stoke".    I now have intermittent aching and a tingling sensation down my left arm into my left fingers.  I have chest pains and shortness of breath from talking a lot or walking from my car into a store.  I am having trouble reading, talking and sometimes walking(losing my balance).  NO ONE seems to know what is wrong with me.  I'm tired of going to dr visit after dr visit test after test and nothing.  Can someone please suggest something??
Hi!
The various reasons for chronic myalgia or muscle ache are lupus, Lyme’s, malaria, polio, electrolyte disturbance especially low potassium (so serum electrolytes should be done), dehydration, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, inflammation of muscles or myositis (hence CPK-MB should be done), high eosinophil counts, use of certain drugs like statins, and post viral fatigue syndrome.
Since you have a headache almost daily, what you have is in all probability not a simple migraine but a chronic daily headache (CDH). This can be the primary type—without any cause. One simple reason for daily headaches with nausea is compression of cervical spinal nerves. Another reason is TMJ, especially if the headache starts with chewing. The third reason could be severe acidity with or without GERD. The CDH could also be secondary to trauma, raised intracranial hypertension, high blood pressure, temporal arteritis etc. Hence all these need to be ruled out.  If the headache lasts for less than 4 hours then it could be a chronic cluster headache or a chronic paroxysmal hemicranias. If it lasts for more than 4 hours it could be chronic tension headache, chronic migraine or altered migraine or hemicranias continua. Indomethacin is the drug of choice in hemicranias continua. In fact the diagnosis is considered confirmed if a patient responds to Indomethacin. Since you are in premenopausal age group you need to consult a gynecologist and rule out hormone imbalance and low estrogen as the cause of your headaches. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your doctor once. You may need some tests for confirmed diagnosis which may include blood tests, MRI etc. Take care!