Negative blood tests
I was diagnosed in 2007 with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. I am sero-negative for RA. I am wondering though now matter how swollen my joints are or how badly Im flaring my bloodwork is negative, no increased sed rate or CRProtein or any inflammatory markers that they like to see how supposedly active your disease is. My old rheumy didnt care about that, but i have a young one that thinks thats how whether or not a new dmard should be given,, and of course how active my disease is, and alot if time thinks im in remission and its the fibro,which I don't believe. anyone else have these issues?
I was diagnosed this year with RA.  High positive rheum factor, high positive anti-ccp.  I had severe swelling in many/most of my joints at one time or another and agonizing pain.  That being said, over the pasty 8 months, I have never had an elevated crp or sed rate (matter fact, my crp is alway well below the reference range).  I put no stock in either of those tests, they have shown my inflammation or pain, and I know I had severe swelling, I was unable to even move my arm or one time my hand swelled closed on me, another it swelled open and I was unable to close.