New Symptoms.
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in March 2009, and for the most part my symptoms were fairly stable while taking 0.1 of Synthroid daily.  In the last 6 weeks though, I have developed chronic diarrhea.  I have had my TSH tested, it is well within the normal range (if anything it is a bit Hypothyroid) so they dont think that is causing the diarrhea.  With the diarrhea I am occationally nauseous and at times have even thrown up with it.  I also have occational bowel pains, they seem like spasms.  I am trying to wean out certain foods (I am already totally off wheat) to see if that helps, but nothing has made a difference so far.

Has anyone had a similar issue?  I heard somewhere that people with one autoimmune issue are more likely than the average Joe to develop a second autoimmune issue, is that true?  Because now my doc is sending me for a colonoscopy in Feb to check for Crohns.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
434278 tn?1324709825
Hi,
Did you get tested for celiac before you went off of wheat?  There are many other grains that contain gluten.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources