POSITIVE ANA AND BORDERING ANTI-RNP
Six monthes ago, because of a hand rash, I made an ANA test which was 1:80 positive (FANA methode), and the anti-rnp was bordering 1:0, but the  U1-rnp was negative. The other results of a complete ANA test were also negative. I made a check up now and the results for ANA remain the same, the anti-rnp is little over boerder line 1.1 (border line is 1.0) and U1-rnp is again negative. I do not know what this could mean? I have never taken drugs that induce positive ANA. I don't feal any illness, but I am conserned if this could mean a begining of an autoimmune dusease.
Hi!
ANA test can be positive without any cause, and sometimes remains positive as people age. Anti-RNP antibodies are raised in mixed connective tissue disease, and lupus erythematosus. However, since anti-U1 RNP antibodies is negative these two disorders are more or less ruled out. A sub-study of anti-RNP antibodies, SS-A (Ro) and SS-B (La), can be carried out to rule out Sjögren's syndrome. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

Respepcted Dr. Mathur,
I thank you very much indeed for the answer. SS-A/Ro(60kD) and La/SS-B are also negative. I am 40 years old, and got married recently, I would like to become a mother, so I was wondeing if eventual first pregnancy could worsen the ANA test picture or represent any kind of risk for the baby. If it's not to much to ask I would apreciate your kind answer.
Thanking you in advance, I send you all my respect as well as my warm
Best regards
It is impossible to say if pregnancy would aggrevate anything. If you were to develop an AI, there is a possibility of complications to you and the baby. Your ANA is very low. AI's can take years to decide what they are going to do, if anything. This should be something you discuss with your Dr.
Thanks,
But I am not sure what you are saying? That there exists a risk for me or for the baby or not? What does the risk consist of?
Thanks in advance