Autoimmune Disorders Community
Pain in back

Pain in back

I have a pain in the upper right quadrant of my back near my spine which feels like someone is squashing my liver really hard. This has been going on for nearly a year! Has anyone else had anything like this? My water/stools seem to be normal except for sugar occasionally. I have UCTD, Type 1 Diabetes, Raynaulds & Sjogrens. Dr checking bones but I suspect some sort of Autoimmune attack.  Please help!!
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Pain under right shoulder blade (upper back near the spine) is usually due to gall stones, duodenal ulcer and liver infection. Hence an ultrasound, liver function test and an upper GI endoscopy is needed for diagnosis.
Another possibility is ankylosing spondylitis. Back pain worse when sitting or lying down and feels better with movement is usually caused by ankylosing spondylitis. This is a genetic condition. Diagnosis is by typical X-ray changes, sacroilitis (inflammation of sacro-iliac joint in the hip region), raised ESR and C-reactive protein and MRI of sacro-iliac joints.
In your case it could also be due to the UCTD. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting for the results of a bone density scan. Also my doctor wants me to have an MRI scan too. I'm taking pain killers at night so I can get some sleep and an anti inflammatory . Ankylising spondylitis is a possibility too as it is in my family.