Autoimmune Disorders Community
Plaquenil disrupting Blood vessels... Why?

I posted this in Lyme disease, because I know I'm positive for Bartonella and Babesia co-infections.  My question is secondary to my primary disease; with concern about other auto-immune potential.

I'm very concerned with vasoconstriction and/or some type of Raynaud's phenomenon.  My veins are very tiny in comparable size, and don't dilate very much.  Most recently, I'm becoming exercise intolerant -- where I find my hands pulsing from pressure when lifting weights.  Other discomfort comes in the throat area, where I can feel a vessel bulging (not sure if it's a vein or nerve), but if I hold it can feel my pulse immediately.

All things point more toward blood flow/constriction.  I was recently examined in the ER and by my GP and there was no concern about it.  a CT on the head and neck around showed nothing.

However, one of the treatments for Lyme is Plaquenil.  I experimented with it several months back and had to stop after 1 week.  I noticed my veins were HUGE while taking Plaquenil (and huge is probably what's closer to normal for most people).  But, it appeared it also came with some kind of water retention issues that made me stop.

I had strongly tingling through my arms and into my chest and was covered in markings from my mattress as I laid down.  It was very scary to feel that and see what was happening to my skin.

As I write this, I'm not sure what to make of the whole situation.  I'm struggling to find connections and answers to lead me to a place to find help.  No doctors are concerned about my blood flow, and I find myself intolerant to many supplements and medications that are supposed to help me.

Thanks,

S.
I thought the treatment of choice for lyme was antibiotic????

I've been on plaquinel for 2 years and I haven't noticed any problem w/ veins.