Plaquenil
I have been on Plaquenil for the last 16 months as treatment for possible Lupus.  During this time I have had ANA tested several times with results of from 1:80 to 1:1280, and a few negatives mixed in.  Latest labs showed ANA positive 1:320, but everything else normal or negative.  Doctor now suggests that since I am feeling almost normal and do not have rash anymore, that maybe I should quit Plaquenil because I probably don't have Lupus after all.  I am happy to be feeling better but am pretty sure Plaquenil has something to do with that.  Since my ANA is still positive, should I follow his instructions?. I have agreed to drop to 200mg a day, but not quit yet.  I am afraid I will have to start all over again.  Need advise please and thank you.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
OK, so I dropped my Plaquenil to 200mg last Tuesday, the first 3 days were OK but then started with sore legs getting worse and by Monday, I had headache, tired sore body, my face red and eyes puffy and sore.  Since we have a big weekend coming up I didn't want to push it so went back to usual dose.  Today is Thursday and I still have achy legs but headaches gone.  I am surprised that I noticed a difference that quick, maybe just a coincidence.  I will try again in a couple of weeks when I am feeling good and see what happens.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources