Plaquenil
I have been on Plaquenil for the last 16 months as treatment for possible Lupus.  During this time I have had ANA tested several times with results of from 1:80 to 1:1280, and a few negatives mixed in.  Latest labs showed ANA positive 1:320, but everything else normal or negative.  Doctor now suggests that since I am feeling almost normal and do not have rash anymore, that maybe I should quit Plaquenil because I probably don't have Lupus after all.  I am happy to be feeling better but am pretty sure Plaquenil has something to do with that.  Since my ANA is still positive, should I follow his instructions?. I have agreed to drop to 200mg a day, but not quit yet.  I am afraid I will have to start all over again.  Need advise please and thank you.
OK, so I dropped my Plaquenil to 200mg last Tuesday, the first 3 days were OK but then started with sore legs getting worse and by Monday, I had headache, tired sore body, my face red and eyes puffy and sore.  Since we have a big weekend coming up I didn't want to push it so went back to usual dose.  Today is Thursday and I still have achy legs but headaches gone.  I am surprised that I noticed a difference that quick, maybe just a coincidence.  I will try again in a couple of weeks when I am feeling good and see what happens.