Autoimmune Disorders Community
Please Help

Please Help

Does anyone know a cure or relief for apersistant sexual arousal syndrome. Doctors say there is no cure. Also calling it Vulvodynia. Taking Neurontin, but not much help. The symptoms are driving me crazy. I have no live. Symptoms go away if I lie down. Is  there any help out there?

I am sorry to hear that you are having to deal w/ this.

The symptoms can sometimes be reduced by the use of antidepressants, antiandrogenic agents and anaesthetising gels. Psychotherapy with cognitive reframing of the arousal as a healthy response may also be used.

More recently, the symptoms of the condition have also been linked with pudendal nerve entrapment. Regional nerve blocks and less common surgical intervention have demonstrated varying degrees of success in most cases.

In one recent case, serendipitous relief of symptoms was noted from treatment with varenicline, a treatment for nicotine addiction.

Are you on any medications as of now??
~Tonya
Thank you for your suggestions. Most recently I am taking Cymbalta, Klonopin, & Neurontin and sometimes Vicoden or Xanax.  Anything to get some relief.

I hope these meds are taking at least "Some" of the edge off.
Has your doctor mentioned any of these other treatments? If not, perhaps
you could copy them off and let him in on them...enlighten him..Lol

Hope your week is going well.
~Tonya
Every doc wants me to take something different. Saw my Phychiatrist today & she took me off Trazadone & Topamax and told me to stick with Neurontin and Doxepin. I am just so confused and frustrated. After testing at the Pelvic Pain Clinic the Neurologist came up with Bladder Dysfunction, Small Fiber Neuropathy, and Autonomic Neuropathy. I found this out from my PCP. I was at the Pain Clinic on Jan 25th and was never told anything or to come back. If it wasn't for my PCP, I would have never known. So, now I have an appt with the neurologist on May 21st. The only thing that really helps is Vicoden, but I only take that if we have to go to a family function or something important. I'm afraid of getting addicted.  Thanks Tonya

Well, I am so glad that your PCP told you something.
i hope that the Psychiatrist told you to tapper off of the Trazadone
and not to just quit "COLD TURKEY"!  Hun, if you need to take the Vicoden until
you can get some real help and some kind of treatment plan.....Then you take it when you need it.

There is No need for someone having to suffer like you are!!!!  If I were you, I would call the Neuro office and tell them to put you on a cancellation list to see if yopu can get in earlier than May 21st.  

Please keep in touch. If you ever need to talk, vent or anything else...I'm here!
Hugs to you,
~Tonya
I am on a cancellation list already, but thanks for the suggestion. The Psych doc did not say to taper off trazedone. I was taking trazadone & topamax at bed time. Now she wants me to take Doxepin and Neurontin at bed time, which I was already on Neurontin. So, that's my story glory. Have a good day.