Autoimmune Disorders Community
Poor Circulation a sign of autoimmune disorder?
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Poor Circulation a sign of autoimmune disorder?

I'm just wondering, can poor circulation (Raynaud's, frequent mottling of body) be a sign of an autoimmune disorder? There is a family history: my mother has Sjrogen's, Lupus and Raynaud's. I have Raynaud's. I'm wondering about my daughter. She has real problems with her circulation (heart problems ruled out), frequent rashes, slow growing nails, hair that pulls out easy.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I should mention: she was born with a VSD and ASD. They closed on their own. Cardiologists ruled out any other heart issues about a year and a half ago. Then May '12 we took her to her pediatrician because she's having frequent circulation spells: hands and feet go dark purple, cold with a cap refill rate of 7-10 seconds. Her entire body will get mottled. Today when it happened her capillary refill rate, measured on her chest was 6 seconds.

So when we saw the pediatrician, he looked at a photo I took, asked if she was growing well etc... and then said: "Oh, she has Raynaud's Syndrome and just a Primary Vascular Phenomenon. She overreacts to cold. She'll grow out of it." (daughter is 2.5).

These spells happen every day. They are worse in the cold, but happen in summer too.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if it really is "no big deal" or if it's something that needs looked into further.
Blank
710547_tn?1295449630
They can be associated with nothing else - primary conditions.  OR, they can be associated with other diseases.  I too have all the conditions you mention, but it is a slow process to see if any other condition develops.

Your daughter might need to be tested for her thyroid.  Hypothyroid can cause the thinning hair and nails.

Blessings, Jan
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank