Positive ANA and SSB antibodies- Sjogren's?
This past week my PCP ran an ANA at my request, to have it come back positive (for the second time). She also ran a more specific antibody panel, and the only result to come back positive was for Sjogren's/ SSB antibodies. Both were very weak positives, 1:40 with a nucleolar pattern and the SSB antibodies were at a 1.6.

At the moment I don't have any of the hallmark symptoms of Sjogren's (aka dry eyes or mouth), but I have been diagnosed with several health issues in the past six months: POTS/dysautonomia, afib (which has been ablated), and hypothyroidism. Is it possible to have Sjogren's with such weak positive lab results and without the classic symptoms, and is it possible that this (or some other) autoimmune disease is the root of all my other issues? Thank you very much!

I have all the classic Sjogrens symptoms.Dry mouth,eyes and nose...I also have neurological issues too. I have been diagnosed with Raynaud's ,chronic dry eye,Allodynia and migraine/migraine varients.
I have a med/high positive ANA 1:32 homogenous but my SSB was negative. I am going back to the rheumy for more tests in April.
Yes you can have Sjogrens with negative SSB antibodies.You are more likely to have more complications the higher the SSB antibody titer. There are other tests that are a bit more accurate. Salivary gland biopsy and also theres a tests that measures tear production too. Sorry I cant think of the exact name...

Take Care.....
RedAngel84, I dont have an answer for you but I was wondering if you found out more about your dx. I also have had a positive ANA and was positive for SSB antibodies; these were very high. I was also positive for anticardiolipin antibodies. Like you, I dont have any typical Sjogrens symptoms, but I do have a lot of health problems - including hypothyroidism and although I dont have POTS, I do faint frequently due to low blood pressure. I have had SIBO since 2006 and it always comes back and I have excessive fatigue and bloating and pain and some fibromyalgia-type pain.

I haven't seen the rhumatologist yet but will soon. If you have any updated info or a new dx since you posted this, please share it. Thank you.