Prednisone & weird side effects after tapering off
Greetings,

I am a 22 year old female that has just recovered from ITP due to the success of taking really high doses of prednisone. As awful as it is, it was the only thing that worked when I was at a dangerously low platelet count of 2.

I've been on prednisone for about a month now and I've noticed some strange things:
1. I haven't gotten my period since before I started the prednisone (3 months ago)
2. The weight gain has not gone away and my face shape changes from really big to just big depending on weather conditions
3. I'm really really tired all the time.
4. I have a lot of joint pain
5. I have really bad mood swings.

Please if you can give any insights into any of these issues, I would appreciate it.
I too have just come off these tabs with simular side affects. One cheek on face is swollen all though this last week a little less. I wish I'de never taken it but like yourself it cleared my lichen planus in mouth. I think being on it for just a month you may see your face return to normal soon I hope. I also had a racing heart and insomia.

Get back to normal soon tarter
All common side effects-I have been a steroid therapy patient for almost 4 yrs now and still have issue with all the things you listed.Period is affected every time dose is changed or tinkered with.

Glad they caught your ITP early and treatment was successful.Hope all continues to go well.