QUESTION ABOUT ABSOLUTE LYMPHOCYTE COUNT
I had a question about lymphocytes. I understand that the normal range is 0.8 (up to 1.0 depending on the source) to well up to 4.5. Over the years I've had some blood work for this and that, and have recently noticed that my absolute lymphocyte count is always down in the 1.3-1.6 range. This has been consistent throughout my whole life. Given that my family does have a history of autoimmune disease and that I have some vague symptoms that might be associated with that I recently got checked out, but other blood work came back negative for autoimmune conditions, which is good. I'm just curious, do some people just naturally have lower lymphocyte counts than others? Are my values still okay? The odd part is I almost never get sick so it doesn't seem to indicate that my immune system is less than ideal. I'm just wondering if this is probably a sign of some other minor condition or something I've been carrying around my whole life or if this sort of lymphocyte value could be normal if it is consistent.
Hi!

Well, yes that is the range across globe and the WBC count for a particular community may vary from this range. Your counts are within the normal limit, and if you had an autoimmune reaction towards your own WBC, then the count would have gone down really low. As long as you are healthy and the count is within normal range, there should be no cause of worry. Take care!