Questions about Myasthenia Gravis
s54
I have been having various symptoms and problems for the past few years, but none of the doctors and neurologists that I've seen have been able to agree on a cause of these symptoms. My current neurologist thinks that I may have myasthenia gravis and he just ordered a blood test to check my levels of acetylcholine receptor antibodies. I've been trying to do some research about this disease but most of the information I find is basically the same. One of the questions I have is about a myasthenia crisis. When a crisis happens, does it happen very suddenly, like an asthma attack (which could occur in just a minute or two)? Or will breathing become more difficult over a longer period time, such as a few days to a week? And are there different severities of myasthenia crises? For example, could someone have a myasthenia crisis that causes them to completely stop breathing, but then someone else could have a crisis that only inhibits their breathing a little bit?
If some of you that have been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis could tell me what your experiences have been like and what some of the symptoms are that you deal with, I would really appreciate it!! Thank you!