Autoimmune Disorders Community
Raynauds...red palms and soles of feet?

Raynauds...red palms and soles of feet?

I forgot to add that: (I had high blood presure in 2003-2005, and the water pills (hydrochlorothiazide), DID NOT HELP.  MY blood pressure got higher.  So, I stopped taking them, and later my blood pressure got better on its own.  A doctor said HBP does not go away on its own, so I think it was caused by something else!

Hi!
Red palms and soles can be due cold extremities, as seen in hypothyroidism, eating disorders like anorexia, Vit B12 deficiency, Addison’s disease, adrenal causes like pheochromocytoma, anemia, Buerger’s disease, chronic fatigue syndrome and Raynaud’s disease. You will need some tests like treadmill test, color Doppler, angiography, ultrasonography and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). Drugs like beta blockers which are used as antihypertensives can also cause cold extremities.
You probably have an allergy or contact dermatitis if your palms and soles also itch. Tinea manum (ringworm of hand) or Tinea pedis (ringworm of foot) or scabies are other causes. Contact dermatitis could be due to anything that your hand and feet come in contact with. You must get an allergy test done, either a skin test or RAST, to know what you are allergic to. Please consult a skin specialist as it is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
Hi!
Take care!
Thank you so much...I forgot to mention that the redness in my palms and soles of feet started about a month ago, and gets worse when I walk.  
This can also be a sign of infection with very small worms, known as microfilaria, which is just a generic term for the smallest stage of their development.  If the read areas sometimes have what seems to be a clear fluid beneath them, that's probably what it is.  That fluid is the microfilaria.  The redness is where they travel to and from from the bloodstream.  They prefer to come out where blood and oxygen flow is the least.