Autoimmune Disorders Community
Recurring Walking Pneumonia

Recurring Walking Pneumonia

Ok I just lost the question, but bears repeating.  Over the past year (since January 2010), I have had recurring walking pnuemonia (pneumonia).  I used to get recurring sinus infections (sinusitis), but now it seems it jumps to this.  I am not sure how this happens, but I was wondering if anyone could help me.  
My background is that I am 27, in good health, good physique, etc., eat kosher, workout quite a bit, take probiotics, take juice plus, eat relatively healthy, etc.  
I have had sinus surgery, taken out my uvula and tonsils, and corrected a deviated septum.   I am not sure why a bacterial infection would keep sprouting from a viral infection with my sinuses.  I am on heavy antibiotics (avelox, levequin, bactrim, and fractive this time around), and so the heavy antibiotics are the only ones that work.  
I am very sensitive to smoke, and that can trigure a sinus infection-but can that really turn into walking pneumonia?  Is it possible It has never totally left my system?  Any help would do.  Thank you.  

Scott
Is it possible to talk to your doctor and ask about having some secretions cultured to see exactly what type of organism is causing the pneumonia?I know it can be bacterial,viral or fungal and the type can and does affect treatment and reoccurence.for example if it were fungal and they used the antibiotics it might tamper down the symptoms but allow the fungal count to increase and then reoccur.

I would consider a pulmonologist(if you havent allready gone)to see if they can figure out more concrete answers.I have had WP twice over the last yr also and made sure I got rid of my toothbrush-washed all bedding in bleach water-bought a new pillow w/plastic cover.I would also wonder if perhaps someone close to you might be a carrier of the germ thats giving you issue and contact with them when not on antibiotics may be causing issue(even a pet that licks you)as they could have a germ that isnt bothering them but is causing flare ups in you.

Sorry I cant give a more concrete answer but perhaps w/bedding toothbrush change and thinking about environment and people/pet it might help you think of something that you hadnt considered at all..at least I hope it does!LOL!

Good luck!Hope it clears up for good this time!!
Very interesting. The two systems ARE linked. WHY you are having recurrent pneumonia is not apparent, but you don't say what kind of MD has you on all the antibiotics...maybe a Pulmonary specialist? You don't say, either, if you have had Bronchoscopy for diagnosis. Also...just a thought, is is possible that something in you home or workplace is the cause of the recurrent infections?? I'd sure look into that. I actually lived in a "toxic mold" house for 10 yrs, my son had his tonsils out and had recurrent upper respiratory infections...and we had NO IDEA that there was a mold growing inside the walls from a huge AC unit. It is just a thought. You certainly sound healthy otherwise and live healthy.
I am in the same situation.  I am 27 and have had pneumonia 4 times since October 2010. I moved in the beginning of January and hadn't had any symptoms of pneumonia so I thought maybe it was mold in my previous home causing it.  But now I have it again.  I am on antibiotics cough meds and inhalers. I've had xrays taken after the antibiotics and they always look good. I'm not as healthy as you by any means but have figured out what's causing it?