Red Skin For Months After Sunburn
Hello, I've got a question that I've grown increasingly curious about. Back in early May of 2009, I had gone on a trip to the beach. I was unfortunate enough to get what is undoubtedly the worst sunburn of my life, perhaps even warranting the title of sun poisoning. Aside from being in constant agony for about three days, having chills, and little to no appetite, when my skin finally began to peel it did so about two to three times, depending on the area (since I had burned the worst on my upper chest). The skin was leathery and cracked upon peeling.
However, since recovering from the sunburn I've had a persistent red blotching of my upper chest/lower neck (where the sunburn had been the worst). It does not itch, and at times it disappears. It's most noticeable after showering, or high heat situations in general. At its worst, it appears as though I'm sunburned again.
This discoloration is nothing more than an inconvenience (or so I'm hoping), and the only reason I've put off figuring out its true nature is simply because it seems to be doing no harm. However I'd love to be rid of this, and I haven't got a clue what to do. Any suggestions? And, better yet, any idea what exactly this is?
I have the same problem, I had the same horrific sun burns on my legs and arms, and the same residual redness. Any discovery or treatment would be greatly appreciated, I'm sorry I can't help any
I have the same problem. In my case I had a sunburn caused by one single 10 minute session of UVA. I believe the UVA machine was not functioning properly as the sunburn was not homogeneus along my back, shoulders, etc. Around 4 months after the session, I started to feel the same problems on my skin. My biggest concern is that this is going to be something cronic as I cannot tan because my skin is so sensitive to sun. Even wearing a t-shirt itches a little. I would greatly appreciate any advice or diagnose.
I have the same problem, except my burn was from the sun. It did not peel because I kept putting on a first aid treatment for sunburn. It is on my lower leg and won't go away.  I have never had this problem before. I would also like to know what this is.