Autoimmune Disorders Community
Redness under my eyes and on my cheeks

Redness under my eyes and on my cheeks

I'm a 17 year old male and I have red blotches under both my eyes and on my cheeks a little bit further down on my face. The red spots under my eyes aren't quite as prominent as the red spots on my cheeks and their slightly sore when I touch them. The red spots on my cheeks aren't sore at all but their bigger then the spots under my eyes. It seems like the red spots on the right side of my face are more noticable. These spots on my face are unraised skin and their not flaky or anything. It just feels like normal skin but its fairly easy to notice when you look at me in the light. I suspect it could be lupus because my dad has lupus. I smoke about 15 ciggarettes a day and I know they can increase your chances of getting lupus. I have had these spots on my cheek for about a year and a half. At first it started out with just a red spot on my right cheek this spot continued to get bigger with time. Then I started getting redness under both my eyes and eventually I started getting a red spot on my left cheek as well. It seems like the more I smoke the more noticable they are. Also after a night of drinking their more noticable. Is this lupus or could it be something else? Maybe an allergic reaction to something?
I know that lupus can present itself by a 'butterfly' rash on the face going onto both cheeks. If you dad has lupus I would definately go see someone just to check it out.
I have lupus 11 generations in my family, so this could be a sign that you are prone to lupus, though all the symptoms may not show up for years. Another thing to consider is rosacea. My sister has it, so I am familiar with the appearance, etc. Don't get scared yet about the lupus. I've had it for 40 years and raised a family and had 3 home jobs even through the flare ups. Lupus can be very mild in most people for many many years. It is different in each person and even different from week to week in 1 person. Mine was mild but now has me laid out flat, but that's after 40 years of internal damage, do don't panic.
Bless you!
Bluebirdy
Hi again. I was just thinking, you might only have discoid (skin) lupus. I hope that's all it is. I just found a great page on this site that you can check your symptoms.
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Autoimmune/Lupus-FAQ/show/810?cid=115?camp=365
Bless you
Bluebirdy
APOLOGIES...this is my first day here and I accidentally posted my answers to Cjliving when they were both meant for you! Sorry! Hope you can find them to read them.
Bluebirdy
well thanks for the replys. I'm fairly sure my dad is DLE and not SLE because his only symptoms are rashes on his face. My face feels more swollen then anything. My dads face never got sore when he first started getting Lupus.