Autoimmune Disorders Community
Rheumatoid Factor query

Rheumatoid Factor query

I went to the doctors due to painful toes - at the big toes joint, and the balls of my feet and aching fingers.  She took blood and my rheumatoid factor came back at 40 and my ANA A LOW positive of 1:40 speckled.
She advised me to see a rheumatologist ASAP, but i can't get an appt until July - in the meantime my feet are killing me especially at night and in themorning.  what do you think it is?  does it look like Rheumatoid arthritis or Sjorgens???? i would appreciate any advise.

Thank you
I forgot to add that i feel tired all the time, but i do have 3 small kids and so put it down to that.  
The American College of Rheumatology uses this list of criteria:
1.Morning stiffness in and around the joints for at least one hour.
2.Swelling or fluid around three or more joints simultaneously.
3.At least one swollen area in the wrist, hand, or finger joints.
4.Arthritis involving the same joint on both sides of the body (symmetric arthritis).
5.Rheumatoid nodules, which are firm lumps in the skin of people with rheumatoid arthritis. These nodules are usually in pressure points of the body, most commonly the elbows.
6.Abnormal amounts of rheumatoid factor in the blood.
7.X-ray changes in the hands and wrists typical of rheumatoid arthritis, with destruction of bone around the involved joints. However, these changes are typical of later-stage disease.  

Let me know if this helps or not.  I have a friend w/ RA and she had a hard time getting a dx. because her labs were always neg.  So she showed up at the dr. office while her joints were swollen and red.  She insisted the dr come out and see her hand.  She was diagnosed right there on the spot.
Hi there

Thank you it does help.  It does sound like it is RA as i seem to have a couple of the criteria - but I guess i have to wait to see the Dr to confirm it.  Just not sure what to do in the meantime.  My feet especially really hurt to walk.  the big toe joint is worse during the night and early mornin, but the balls of my feet are sore all day long.  

Thank you
Meanwhile, I would concentrate on getting enough rest.  Eat and drink things that are healthy.  Like water, fruits and vegetables.  Try to stay away from sugar and stress.  Warm baths are helpful too.  My mom like Emu oil, but I personally haven't found releif in that.  But certainly would be worth a try.j  My mom also find that alfalfa tablet help her tremendously.  She has found them in a gel cap (on-line company).  Those at drug stores are usually the ones that are tablets and are hard to swallow.  She takes a big handful of them.