Autoimmune Disorders Community
Stages of Sjogrens Syndrome/Tramadol for pain

I just recieved a copy of my pathology report...in there it says I have Grade 4 Sjogrens Syndrome. Does anyone know is that the same as Stage 4?  Just wondering.  I see my Rheum dr on the 23rd of Feb.....I was just wondering.

Also I have been taking Tramadol (Ultram) for pain 3 times a day, Does it have any side effects like weird dreams?  I have had some doozies lately.
Tags: Evoxac
  • Sjogrens (6 replies):
    What would be the signs/symptoms of Sjogrens? Primary do...[more]
I have Sjorgrens and have never had a "grade" or "stage" attached to it.  The med I take for it is EVOXAC.  It's excellent at producing saliva, etc.  As far as Tramadol, I don't take that, but if you look at the pain forum, there is a lengthy chain on Tramadol and you might find something there on side effects.
Thank you I will look there....I have been having some strange events...I think it is due to the pain med Tramadol....I take other Saligan for dry mouth.  It seems to be working well Thank you again.
I've never heard of a stage either.   I take Cellcept for Sjogrens.
Billydude and cudagirl:  I did some research, and "grade" does play into diagnostics of T-cells and auto-immune related conditions.  It appears from what I read to be used most often with cancers and HIV but can be used with any auto-immune condition.  What I could not find was a chart of what was a bad or good level.  Without that kind of comparison, it's like not knowing anything at all.

Billydude:  You said that you take Cellcept/Mycophenolate for Sjogren’s?  Is Sjogren's your only autoimmune condition or do you have others?  I looked that med up too (I'm always looking for something new!) and was a bit surprised to read that this was meant for organ transplant rejection and no other uses were mentioned.  Now, half the meds I take are off-label, so it may be no big deal that you‘re taking it for an autoimmune condition and not an organ transplant.  My concern is that the drug is meant to lessen your immune system not increase mucous membrane production, which is what I would think a Sjogren‘s patient would be looking for.  But I’m in do way a doc, so it’s not for me to question.  But I am curious!

How does that work for you?  I'm really intrigued!!  I'd like to hear the reason you started it, any side effects, and what you think it does for you?  I have 5-6 autoimmune conditions and taking something that might reduce my bodies own antibodies sounds very, very interesting.  I hope you have a minute to respond to this.  You might really be on to something here!

Tricia/Ohanamama