Staph/Psoriasis
I have infection pouring out my ear which tested staph.  Biopsy on my scalp said psoriasis.  Dermatologist put me on methtrexate 6 weeks ago, I 've gotten worse.  Yesterday I told the doctor I refused to take it anymore, the side effects are horrible besides making my ear worse.  This has been going on 4 years now.  The infectious disease doctor had me on antibiotics for about 2 years and that kept it under control.  He sent me to the derm. and she gave me a z-pak, it went away for awhile and then I got sick with bronchitis/pnuemonia and my problem came back.  I've tried about everything someone has suggested with no help. The derm has put me back on z-pak and told me to go back to the infectious disease doctor.  IF my scalp is psoriasis, that isn't the big problem, the thing I can't handle is the infection pouring out my ear.  The derm. claimed the psoriasis caused the infection because I was supposedly scratching and infecting it, that's impossible, I can't reach the inside of my ear where the fluid is coming from.  In the morning my pillow is soaked with infection, it's hard to see in a small picture but I have posted one of my ear when I first got up.  I do get sores behind and around my ears also.
Hi!
You need to consult an ENT specialist for this. You probably have otitis media. The fluid in the ear will have to be sent for culture and sensitivity, and antibiotics started accordingly. The outer ear is getting infected because of this fluid.  Since there has been no fever, in all probability the cause is viral or allergic or fungal or irritant, and antibiotics may not provide relief.
Please consult an ENT specialist regarding this. Take care!