Autoimmune Disorders Community
Strange and sudden symptoms

Strange and sudden symptoms

I have had a few strange things happen to me lately and I wasn't sure where to post this so I figured here for starts and maybe be redirected later. I am a 25 yr old, healthy female serving active duty for the Navy. As recently as 6 months ago I was in the best shape of my life. I was running 5 miles every day and had no problems physically whatsoever. Then just four months ago I went for a run and the following day I could barely walk, my hips hurt so bad. I'm currently going through physical therapy through the Naval hospital on my base and am awaiting an MRI.I have resorted to at-home cardio since I am restricted from running. I have been doing this cardio for about a week now with no problems with my hip but now I have a large knot on my left calf that I have tried using message and heat to go away with no success. It's so painful I can barely walk again. To top this all off my old shoulder injury is acting up again and feels like it did almost 10 yrs ago. It hasn't felt this way since it healed! The cardio I do is easy stuff like running in place, lunges, jumping-jacks push-ups and sit ups. Push-ups have never bothered me but now even with minimal push-ups my shoulder is messed up. My hip problem has been on going for four months but I only just sought medical help a month and a half ago. My calf cramp happened three days ago and my shoulder just yesterday. Any ideas what could be causing all these sudden injuries when I'm used to pushing myself twice as hard on a regular basis with no problem??? Any advice is appreciated!
Hi ladyWolf26.

The hip pain could be related to insufficient warm up and stretching,
or inadequate recovery time. The ongoing hip pain after 4 months, lends me to think that you may have a grade 2 strain of hip flexor, and possibly progressed to grade 3 if you did try to run through the grade 2 strain (partial muscle tear) without proper rehab.
The calf knot/cramp could be a stage 1 strain, due to the switch from running to lunges and jumping jacks that tax the calf muscles in a different way creating many micro-injuries, possibly with a cumulative effect . same with the shoulder. Smaller muscle groups are more prone to re-injury, taking about 3-4 weeks for repair.
RICE is the recommended self-care  approach.
Rest, Ice, Compress and Elevate. just do a search.
May have to slow down a bit more and wait this out. Complete recovery may be necessary before resuming your former fitness and exercise routine.
Have your minerals checked with tissue analysis-not blood work!
magnesium/calcium and sodium/potassium have to be within their
balanced ratios to each other for proper functioning.

I have been through all that and it takes a lot of patience, as it does take some time.
In the absence of any other symptoms,  based on what you mentioned in your post, I don't suspect any underlying causes.

You may want to re-post also in the exercise and fitness forum.

Take care and I hope things will work out well for you.
Niko