Autoimmune Disorders Community
Strengthening Immune System

Strengthening Immune System

I am a little confused.  I am looking at ways to strenthen my immune system and lower my antibodies.  I looked at some supplements online and in the description it says it will "increase antibodies and help immune system."  Don't we want to lower antibodies?  Has anyone tried a supplement designed to improve your immune system?  I have read fasting for a period and cutting out meat and dairy will help.  You can go back to eating the meat and dairy once the immune system is back in balance.  Any ideas?

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

The best thing that I have found that boost the immune system is an herb called "Cats Claw".  We first discovered it when my nephew had nephritis for 5 years.  He was on constant antibiotic because of the constant infection.  They just weren't offering him any hope as far as this thing coming to an end.  I felt directed by God to buy cats claw for him.  The infection went away and the blood too.  That's been 7 or 8 years ago and he's still doing good.  Another time I had developed an infection in my blood stream and opted not to go to the dr.  I took cats claw, zinc, vit C, and vit A (all of which boost the immune system).  The next morning the red streaks were gone, the fever in my leg was gone along w/ the swelling.  

I was running a fever every day because I have lupus until I started taking cats claw everyday.  

I don't know what you are battling, but I've heard others w/ lupus say that everytime they get around someone sick they catch it and it turns into pneumonia.  That sounds to me like they have an immune deficiency and not where the immune system is overstimulated.  
Thank you for sharing your experience.  I am not familiar with Cat's Claw but would certainly be willing to try it.  I am battling Grave's in which I have had elevated antibodies for five years now.  I do think I started to go into remission in 2006 but my doctor didn't do any testing to confirm other than WBC was much higher (4.8) and I felt MUCH better!

I am looking into a ******* product called Vivix which has had some excellent results for people I know.  I talked with a friend last night about it.  It is very expensive but seems to be effective.  It's resveratol (or something like that) which is concentrated red wine extract - equal to 3000 glasses a day.  Even if I did it for six months and then cut the dose in half, as long as it worked, it would be well worth it!  It is supposed to help your entire body on the cellular level (bones, joints, muscles, heart, etc.).  

Thanks again for your reply!  God Bless you...

Debbie :)