Autoimmune Disorders Community
Strong Pulse Throughout Body

Strong Pulse Throughout Body

Does anyone have the symptom of feeling a strong forceful pulse throughout different parts of their body from time to time and with a racing heartbeat that seems to flutter and so forth????  Would love to hear from you if you do.  I am trying to figure this out!!  
I have pretty much exactly what you're talking about and it usually happens after eating meals.  I'm going to a doctor on Friday to get it checked out.  Did you ever figure out what was causing yours?
No, I haven't figured it out.  Mine occurs everyday all day and for the past week I have felt like I am slightly moving.  It is driving me crazy and making me feel crazy.  It is scary.  It is keeping me awake as it is hard to sleep when you feel like you are moving.  I think it has something to do with my blood vessels though!!!  I haven't even been able to discuss it with docs as they just seem to be so overwhelmed by all my other symptoms that it almost seems like they don't want to hear about anymore.  I do have alot more symptoms not mentioned here but this is my most recent symptom.  Do you have any other symptoms or just this?
Usually I feel it in my head, but it can be other parts of my body and of course, it usually when there isn't much other stimuli, like being in bed.  I think it has to do with the mind not being able to tune out the right things. It's analogous to the clock in the living room you never hear ticking until you listen for it.
Hi Jason,

Mine makes me feel like I am moving to my pulse.  Is that how yours does?  Mine seems to be in my head and body.  I think it may have something to do with blood vessels, inflammation or infection.  What do you think?  Do you have any other symptoms or just this?
jason,

I feel this pulse really strong sometimes and when it is in my neck and I put my hand to my neck it is just a really strong hard pulse and I know it is not supposed to be like that.  I would think this would be easy for a doctor to figure out.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE DOCS?  I SWEAR THEY ARE DRIVING ME MORE CRAZY THAN I ALREADY AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  UGH!!!!

PS Sometimes I see it and feel it in my eyes as well.
I also have a strong pulse which I think contributes to the sensation.  If you believe this is related to your circulation then I think an EKG or some test like that would help clarify. I did that test several months ago when my pulse would start racing for no apparent reason. Dr said it was normal.  If you have other strange overly-hyper neuro symptoms then I bet it points to something else.  I've heard others feel the pulse in their eyes too.
Yes I have this.  I can see and feel my pulse in my eyes as well.
Hey Jason I also have a strong pulse that I can feel all the time. I am going to the dr.I think it is either hyper or hypro thryoidism. Your pituitary gland tells your thryoid glad how to feel. Example it regulates your temperature, its practually runs everything in your body. Get it checked out. They do blood tests, scans, etc. Agnes
yes i do it feels like an electric sensation that comes from my head and shoots down to the end of my arms and feet although most of the time it dissipates at about my chest area, it happens not daily but at times like now its at the closest time inbetween it happens like ten seconds apart, do u have any idea what this is, ive just always thot it was adrennaline or something along that sort, cuz it also happens like walking home from work in the dark wen i look to the side kinda trips me out.
I am an 65 and have had the strong pulse sensatioion since I was about 20.  I started noticing it when I held hands with my boyfriend.  It continued and is still happening.  Now I am getting it in my behind, just started.  I asked a doctor one time and she said it just shows your blood is going through your arteries in a healthy way/manner.  For some reason, I am embarrassed to talk about it.  No one else I know has this.  It is driving me crazy
Please get another doctor.
It can be very frustrating expecting doctors, the usual suspects, to ferret out what's wrong with us, and put us on a healing path. In my experience NO doctor I have met knows what is going on with certain conditions I've had, and hide behind "protocols".

For me an important issue is that the pulsing thing--back of head, in eyes, shoulders, above stomach as if stomach spasming-sometimes stops, or suddenly starts from a background of seeming normal, and the fact that the symptoms can be absent seems somehow important. I fear it is heart-related, and not caused by glands (thyroid, etc), but maybe it is. Best to you and all others here.