Autoimmune Disorders Community
Sudden, severe joint pain all over the body

I began running a fever of 100 on Saturday. No other symptoms, but fever. On Friday, I broke out with a rash that was very itchy.  The rash went away after 3 days. Tuesday afternoon I began with fever again, severe neck pain, and pain behind my knees. Tuesday night about midnight, I could not move. Every joint in body felt like it was broken. My husband had to help me with everything. I have NEVER experienced such pain in my life!  I began taking iboprofuren--800 mg every 8 hours. The pain is tolerable but not gone. Joints in my fingers and ankles are very swollen. What could cause an attack like this?!! I am a 58 year old female, who eats right, and weight trains 3 days a week, and does 30 min. of cardio every day
Sounds like it could be parvovirus B19. The fever, rash and joint pain seem like exactly how the virus affected me.

Here's a pretty comprehensive article on it.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/991001ap/1455.html

Best of luck to you!
Thank you so much!
How were you diagnosed and have you had any more recurrences?
Oh, it's been a ride! Here's my long story in short version.

In late September I got sick and tested positive for mono. Then in the beginning of Novemeber I woke up with extreme joint pain like I'd never felt before either. So I went back to my PCP and she did an "arthiritis panel". Came back rheumatoid factor elevated and CRP elevated. My doc thought it was rheumatoid arthritis. She sent me to a rheumatologist. A lot of tests and x-rays later, she concluded that I do not have RA. So I went back to my doc (January) b/c I was still in pain and had had (and still do) a constant fever since Nov. I mentioned that my children and their friends had had parvovirus B19 back in Oct. She tested me for that and it came back that I have an active parvovirus B19 infection. She said that it shouldn't last this long, so sent me back to the rheumatologist. So last week I went back to the rheumatologist because I still have joint pain and a fever and she's sending me to the medical univeristy a few hours away b/c she thinks they'll either be able to confirm that infact, I really do just have a bad case of parvo, or figure out what it really is. I'm just so tired, literally and figuratively, of this and want it to end.

Oh, had a petechial rash on both my feet. I still have the rash, but it's fading.

I too was in good health b/4 this happenend.

Do you have a doctor's appt?

Good luck to you!
Check for Lymes Disease.  Western blot test.
i started on new years eve..no fever but pain hands feet back of knees now my shoulder it is unbearable...new years day had a penicillan rash, went to er they think it is lupus going to a rheum. dr
My mother is suffering from unexpected body pains at evening times.She is 50 yrs old.may i know the exact reason for that so i can precautions to avoid that as far as not using the medicines.if curing is not possible without medicines plz suggest me the medicines.
i hurt all over like that...i have a D3 vitimin dificency , of not getting out in sun enought...have yourblood work checked for all your B,S....
meme65me and all:
If you have a vitamin D deficiency are you supplementing? If so how much? Check out the vitamindcouncil.org but your vitamin D 3 levels should be between 50 and 80mgl. To be at that level you need to take vitamin D 3. It is cheap and easy to get over the counter at Costco. I take 10,000 a day. 5,000 in the morning and at night. The doc does a blood test 2 times a year and so far this is the right dose for my height, weight, and medical issues.  The vitamin D in a multivitamin is just not enough.
Having enough D has cut way down on getting sick during the year as well as increased my bone density.
elbamom

T