Autoimmune Disorders Community
Symptoms of Behcets

Symptoms of Behcets

I have been diagnosed with Behcets, my main symptoms being mouth ulcers and severe headaches. migraine, extreme tiredness and sometimes sores on my body.  The worst thing I find now is the dizzy head and i have very little patience whereas I used ti be very patient. I also cannot exercise without severe headache, yet used to be fairly fit.  HAs anyone else had these symtoms (symptoms)?
The symptoms are similar to Celiac disease, so it wouldn't hurt to get the blood tests for Celiac disease.  At least you could get relief by changing your diet if it was Celiac.  Don't know much about Behcets, but lots of autoimmune diseases seem to be related, and many are secondary to Celiac disease.
I Have Behcets and can tell you its a multi system disease,My case involves muscle twitching, weakness,inner and outer tremor, visual problems off and on, various other bits including ulcers ect. I spent 3 years going to expensive neurologists in Ireland along with all the other Dr "Specialists" was told i was mad and making up symptoms to get income insurance. Went to see a professor Kidd in London who i still see, looked at my chart and biopsy results
from the previous 3 years, diagnosed me in 20mins and am on treatment now which has me 60% better than i was just 4 months ago.

I have recently been diagnosed with Behcet's also, however I have had a WIDE range of symptoms off and on for the last 15+ years.  Most recently I have been experiencing sores/ulcers on my body and mouth as well as extreme tiredness and irritability.  Some days are much worse then others.  The only thing I have found that helps on my extremely bad days is rest, lots and lots of rest.  I know this is not always possible, but hopefully it can be of some help to you.
Yes I can confirm the same......I was diagnosed with the same in 10 minutes.....went to see GP.....who refereed me to a gynae......who did not know anything.....rolled by a visit to sexual health clinic......guess the assumed it was STI or Something.....and my consultant too some pictures of my ulcers...and confirmed the same in 10 minutes.......see how competent the consultant doctors are in the UK......please the same remark for GPs.....
I know how you must be feeling......it's nice to be on this community and read about others who are experiencing same sort of problems....