A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Telangiectasia

My question is about telangiectasia.  Does anyone have these, and if so, where?  I have what the doctor originally called  petechiae, but I believe it is telangiectasia since it will blanche while petechiae do not.  Also, while most are pin-***** in size, a couple are more spider vein looking.  It started on my upper arms as tiny spots years ago.  Gradually I started noticing them on my torso, chest, upper thigh and now lower arms.  I do have one on my face now, a teeny one of my lip and one on my hand.  Everything I read says that in CREST, these are found on the face,kips, hands and chest.  For me, these areas have been almost spared compared to the rest of my body and I had the other years before these.   I have not been diagnosed yet and am wondering if these could be helpful in a CREST diagnosis or if they do not fit the pattern because they are not mostly on my face & hands.  Does anyone with any other autoimmune disease have telangiectasia?  What do they look like?  Where are they on your body?
(Quick background: +ana 1:320 speckled, +anti-histones, +anticardiolipin IgA, mild raynaud's.  All other labs (esr, complement, anti-dna, scl-70, etc.) normal.  Some slight finger swelling in the a.m. on occasion.  Occasional severe malaise and achiness, muscle twitches, joint paint that will come for a few weeks and then disappear.  One rheumy said nothing was wrong with me.  2nd rheumy says raynaud's and apls.  I pointed out these spots to my doctor when I last saw her but she said not to worry about them since, although they had "spread" they were not a new symptom.)
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank