Thyriod meds
I take synthroid 25 MCG for Hashimotos/low thyriod.  I have heart condition and have side effects from meds(PVC&PAC).  I also feel down about 3-4 hours after taking medication.  Why?  My head swims also?  Why?
What other RX options are out there.  Must be low dosage as I don't tolerate meds.
Unfortunately, this treatment, although helpful because of changes in production of thyroid hormones, will do little to counteract the actual cause of Hashimoto’s Disease, which is often caused by an infection-induced autoimmune response to thyroid antigens.  Both bacterial and viral infections have been implicated in Hashimoto’s Disease, and some of the more common bacterial culprits are Mycoplasma and Chlamydia infections and various viruses.  These intracellular infections cause release of normal thyroid cell surface antigens, especially when the microorganisms are released from thyroid cells, and host immune responses to the normal thyroid antigens.

Identifying possible underlying infections in Hashimoto’s and Graves Diseases is not easy.  This may be why infections in these conditions are not usually recognized and treated.  However, if an infection is found, often because of another co-morbid condition (a second condition that causes signs and symptoms not related or overlapping with the first condition), treatment of the second condition can also result in eventual resolution of the thyroid autoimmune condition.  We have seen this often in systemic Mycoplasma infections that take long-term treatment to resolve.  Eventually the thyroid autoimmune condition also slowly resolves along with the infection.