Treatment For Hashimoto's
Why won’t doctors treat Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis? I know there IS a treatment for it.
If they can treat RA and Psoriasis which is also an autoimmune disorder related to Hashimoto's then they can treat Hashimoto's. No treatment for Hashimoto's only leads to other autoimmune diseases and doctors know this as a fact so wouldn’t it be logical to treat Hashimoto's not just the symptoms of Hashimoto's.
Doctor have been taught to only treat patients with an abnormal TSH. This is regardless of high thyroid antibodies and numerous hypothyroid symptoms. Unless you find a doctor who is willing to treat Hashimoto's regardless of the TSH level, then you are one of the many who have to suffer until their TSH is no longer "normal".  To help however, there are numerous studies that shows 200mcg of selenium daily lowers TPO thyroid antibodies and the lower the antibodies, the less symptoms. But based on a money making medical point of view: more diseases = more $$$$.
May i ask what are your bloodtest results? Have you not been given any thyroxine?

May i also ask what symptoms are troubling you regarding the hashimotos?

Have you got a GOOD endocrinologist? because if you have one which just goes by the TSH, then you need to find another one.

Good Luck
Nicola
You are so right Red_Star the pharmasuticle companies makes a bloody fortune on diseases they don't want a cure for. For them it's good business.
Hello and thank you for your reply
My Hashimoto’s confirmation is THYROGLOBULIN ABS 111 and my recent TSH 4.18 my FT4 1.10 and FT3 2.7.
I’m currently taking a synthetic T4 and no I do not have a good endocrinologist I am working on my 3rd doctor now and I’m sorry to say that they are all from the same clinic. The first one didn’t even tell me I had Hashimoto’s I found out about 6 months ago but the test was done 3 years ago. The second also did not tell me right away he waited 2 months before he told me and this 3Rd doctor isn’t one for checking T4 or T3.
As for my symptoms they are many if you like you can check out my thyroid tracker and my autoimmune tracker.