Autoimmune Disorders Community
Undiagnosed Symptoms

Undiagnosed Symptoms

I am a R.N. with severe flank pain, low white blood cell count, urine is all messed up, have had to cath myself a'lot, fever and chills, major weight loss. I am being referred to a urologist. Anyone have any ideas? Sometimes knowledge is a good thing, sometimes not! My chest x-ray was clear. I have a history of cancer. I had a total hysterectomy at 29 and at 32 had polyps in my colon that was potential for malignant. I have had no further colonoscopys since then. I have no med. insurance at this time due to unemployment. My Dr. wants me to file for disability because I have been very ill for a while. I refuse to give up right now!
You don't have to reply to this in the public forum, but is there any chance you can qualify for Medicaid or whatever the equivalent is in your state?  That would be very helpful.  Also, the disability process takes an incredibly long time, but you also get onto Medicare at some point.  You might have to do that in order to get the care you need.  I hope someone here has some ideas about your symptoms.
Havr they found protein in your urine or gave you gotten an ultrasound done? Maybe you can stick with your PCP until you get some insurance that way it is more affordable. You can find some plans are affordable. But if your doctor is testing you already and wanting to send you to a urologist, that might be a pre-existing once you get insurance. Medicaid will cover you even if you have a pre-existing. If your not working, you can get medicaid whatever living situation your in.