Autoimmune Disorders Community
Very confused!

Very confused!

I posted before about possible sjogren's which is the only thing that shows up as a weak positive. All other blood tests normal. Went to new rheumy and he is thinking more fybromalgia and ordered vitamin D test. Prescribed cevimeline hci 30 mg because of dry eye syndrome and dry everything. 22 weeks of brain fog, fatigue, tingling fingers and toes, facial burning, sore glands in jaw, dry mouth, dry eyes, memory problems, feeling like rocking on a boat. The only thing I don't have is wide spread aches, muscle pain and the pressure points they test on don't hurt. Doctor won't make diagnosis, because in his words he is still missing pieces of info. What other symptoms do I need to get before someone can tell me what is going on? I am getting, pardon the expression, sick of this!
Tags: fatigue, Fybromalgia, sjogrens, autoimmune
Hi!
Since you do not have pain you are less likely to have fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome. You need to investigate other causes of brain fog like liver dysfunction (get liver enzymes done—liver function test), kidney dysfunction (get kidney function test done), and anemia. Poor sleep pattern and sleep problems like sleep apnea too can cause brain fog. Sleep studies by sleep specialists can help diagnose this. Low Vit D or Vit B12 too could be the cause.
Hypothyroidism, diabetes and hormonal imbalance due to low testosterone could also be the cause. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your treating doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you!
Chloride serum 104
Bilirubin total 0.2
B12 473
TSH 1.08 retest tomorrow, Monday
Antinuclear direct positive
C-Anca, P-Anca, Atypical Panca <1:20
Anti- Dna ds ab qn 3
Smith <0.2
Anti ss a <0.2
Anti ss b 1.2
C3 93
C4 28
Ana negative
C-reactive <1
Sed 2
Creatine kinase total serum 32
C reactive protein cardiac 0.84
Vitamin D test tomorrow. New rheumy couldn't believe this was forgotten.
ask dr if antinuclear direct and ANA is the same thing.  I noticed one was positive and the other negative.  
The rheumy took the ana negative, the way he told me it was a more accurate test than the antinuclear direct that regular doctor took. But it was thanks to the first test that got the ball rolling and me getting refered to all the other doctors for more testing. The rheumy said it was a false positive. I had forgotten that. Hmmm......
I searched the internet to see if the two were different, I couldn't find any info.
The rheumy finally gave me at least the Sicca diagnosis. He put me in plaquenil 200 mg two caps a day and evoxac. Vitamin d was 23.8 so I got 5000 units twice a week for 4 weeks then take D3 2000 units a day. My thyroid came back normal. Neuro says I am slightly hypotensive and increase liquids. Runs in my family, having low side of normal BP. Rheumy doesn't want to treat my head symptoms like the whirling till after my psychometric testing next Thursday, because he doesn't want to influence the testing. Makes sense. Things are really snow balling. After some research it seems that my bout of impetigo that I had in begin November was my trigger point. Looking back I had some manifistation prretty much through out my life!
Thanks for the update.  Praying for you as this all unfolds for you.