Autoimmune Disorders Community
What am I to do >

What am I to do >

I am only 25 years old, and I have tested positive of 2 autoimmune disease. I been tested for lupus, and many other disease and the doctors still can figure it out. They have found out on of the disease Sjogren's syndrome but they cant figure out the second on that is cause that one. I am always fatigue, joint and muscle pain, can hardly do anything i use to do like walk up and down stairs or cook in the kitchen, my body is swelling, anemia, blurry vision in my one eye sometimes, always pale in skin color, sentive to the sun now, neusea, chest pain but seem to not me related to my heart, move production of insulin cause me to be diabetic type 2. I just want to know whats wrong with me..I want to able to live my life the way it use to be. I just wish i could get on the floor again to play with my son and his toys, or walk up and down stairs. Theres times I am in so much pain i can't even get out of bed. HELP! What else isn't my doctors seeing?
You might consider trying a gluten free diet to see if that helps or at least takes the edge off of your symptoms.  Gluten problems can be linked to lupus and sjogren's.  Maybe read up on this diet and see if you'd like to give it a try.  Even your medications and vitamins have to be gluten free.   An autoimmune reaction to gluten is called celiac disease.  Gluten is found in wheat, barley, rye and possibly oats.  Many people get relief on this diet.  Give it several months and see if you have any improvement.  

Another diet to consider might be a low carb diet like Atkins or South Beach.  It will bring your diabetes under control and maybe help your autoimmune conditions.  Women get autoimmune diseases much more frequently than men, so it must have something to do with hormone imbalance.  So diet might help correct the imbalance in some people.  It will give you something to try.  If you try one of these diets, since you are diabetic, please check with a doctor first.

Hope this helps.
Don't give up....keep going to different doctors if you feel the one you are working with have either no idea or have given up on you.  Someone will find the answer...even if you have to be exceptionally proactive in your health care by researching your symptoms and contacting appropriet organizations to get referals to doctors in your area.  Before I finally got dx'd I had to research and contact Histiocytosis Organization to get the referal needed to get well.  They got the surgeon and oncologist on board who finally figured out what was going on in my lungs and body.  Seriously...DO NOT GIVE UP,  if you do then the doctors will for sure.