Autoimmune Disorders Community
What are these little white bumps in my mouth?

6633916?1297320353
These small white bumps appeared one day almost 3.5 years ago. I've been to see my dentist, family doctor, 2 ENTs and a few other specialists. So far no one has been able to diagnose this. Anti fungals such as clotrimazole and fluconazole have not worked. The bumps can be scraped off with a toothbrush but will return within a few hours. If they are left, they will grow to the size seen in the picture over about 2 to 3 days and then seem to get a little wider and perhaps not so round. They then seem to scrape off by themselves simply by eating something. They are on the roof of my mouth, the inside of lower and upper lips, under my tongue and in my throat. It feels rough when I swallow.
I've had many tests done, swabs looking for yeast, blood work (I'll list all if that would help) and helicobacter pylori test. All negative or in the normal range.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?
Thanks very much.
They almost look like mucoceles.
Hi free3667,
Thanks very much for your suggestion. I just looked up mucoceles. They do look like a very small version of that and they do seem to 'pop' when brushed with a tooth brush. The odd thing is that they are even in my throat.
I'll ask about mucoceles the next time I see my doctor.
Thanks again.
I have one that appears on my palate. when I eat I can feel it. So I scratch it off, sometimes its gone for a week or longer, but eventually comes back. They are harmless but annoying. Some people have to have them removed and my guess is the scarring would keep them from returning. Best of luck. Google pics have small one showing like yours and very large ones. But I don't know about the throat, but since saliva goes into the throat I imagine its possible.
You have aphthous Ulcers. I get them as I have Behcet's and it is common in Behcets and also some other diseases.

The Specialist one sees is usually an ENT first and be sure you ask prior to making appt if they have ever treated a Vasculitis Disease prior such as Behcets or even Chrohns. Another Doctor is an Infectious Disease Doctor as both Specialties should do a biopsy and blood work. Also, write any other symptoms. Some people get them on there private areas too. If you do it is important to tell the doctor. It is NOT an STD.
Please get t checked out right away and you need a biopsy. They will get worse as time goes on.
Good luck and please MAKE an appt. you deserve to have good health.
Rosemona
Thanks very much for your suggestions. Sorry for not responding sooner.
I am very happy to say that I seem to have been cured!!!  :) After 4.5 YEARS!!!
I caught a nasty cold or flu in Dec. I could not shake it and went to my Dr. he gave me an antibiotic for a sinus and upper respratory tract infection. It was APO-AZITHROMYCIN 250mg. It did not help my sinus infection but after 2 days, it cured the little white bumps in my mouth. It has been about 2 weeks now and they have not returned. I have had the bumps in my mouth every day with the exception of about 4 over the last 4.5 years. So going 2 weeks without them returning makes me very hopeful that they are gone for good. What a relief!
757