Autoimmune Disorders Community
What could this be?

What could this be?

I've have outbreaks every 5-7 months for the past 2+ years; I've had a couple of different diagnoses. It starts with a large lump under the skin, usually appears near the growing or thigh area initially but will then travel through my body relocating sometimes to my chest area, under my armpit, or stomach area. The lump(s) never stay in one place. The lumps started out small, like the size of a golf ball but have increased in size with each outbreak, most recently to the of a soft ball. The lumps are red and hot to the touch. Chest pains accompany these outbreaks. I've been told it was some sort of dermatology issue, perhaps eczema and most recently a MRSA infection. The lumps will disappear after a round of antibiotics but the outbreaks always come back. I'm not sure I'm convinced its MRSA, but I don't know what this is.
Hi.
The best advice i can give to you .is the next time these lumps appear, i would ask for a biopsy, to find out what they are , and then try and find a cause why they are appearing.

Have you had a biopsy of these lumps? and have you had a histology report saying they are caused by the MRSA ?

Also have you had any bloodwork done?

It sounds like they really dont know what these are, because you have been told it is eczema, and then MRSA. So that is two diagnosis,s already.

Get a proper diagnosis by biopsy, along with additional bloodwork. followed up with appropiate treatment.

Good luck
Nicola